1744 replies to this topic

#1291 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

@Giocivs88 - I fly out on July 2, wedding on July 6. Can't wait!

Hope you both have an amazing time!!  Enjoy every single second, cause it really does fly by!

#1292 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

@TA Wendy - I was married in the beach gazebo at ERC last month and our guests faced the ocean while we stood at what would be the front (closer to the ocean - looking at each other). Maybe I'm mixing up the gazebos you are referring to because I know they have a smaller inland gazebo, as well.

#1293 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

Jennifer, It is the one made of stone work with hard surface floor and a small alter type spot at the front.. a bit in from the beach.. I will see if I can find a photo.. if you were married right at the beach that would be a different spot..

Here it is! This is the one at Excellence Playa Mujeres:

Attached Files

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#1294 upstatekj

upstatekj
    • 74 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

@TA Wendy - I was married in the beach gazebo at ERC last month and our guests faced the ocean while we stood at what would be the front (closer to the ocean - looking at each other). Maybe I'm mixing up the gazebos you are referring to because I know they have a smaller inland gazebo, as well.

@JenniferH114 - any photos from Juan yet? Can't wait to see more - the ones I see on your profile are beautiful!

#1295 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
    • 264 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

@TA Wendy - Okay, I know which one you are talking about at ERC. It is rather small, though. I don't think most weddings would even fit in there because of the limited capacity.

@upstatekj - Thank you! Not yet... He said he was going to begin working on the edits last week. I can't wait!

Edited by JenniferH114, 23 June 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#1296 jenniferleigh1122

jenniferleigh1122
    • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

Thank you all for the advice, I appreciate the help! As always, any suggestion is a good suggestion :)

#1297 TNT2015

TNT2015
      • 43 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 12, 2015

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the info @TNT2015. I am just anxious if we cancel and re-book we will lose our day. I guess I could speak with Jessica and explain the situation. That's a shame that they won't retro do your package to get you the best deal. It will save us like $2,000 so I need to at least look into it at this point.

Were the room rates good for your guests?

Yes, we got pretty good room rates for our guests. About $100 cheaper than what the rates were back in Feb, and it includes round trip transportation from the airport. Their flight prices weren't much cheaper than online so my guests are booking that one their own.

I thought about cancelling and rebooking too since it would save so much, but I didn't want to mess with my guests who have already booked w/ us...  :mellow:

Excellence Riviera Cancun - 12.12.15 - My Planning Thread

#1298 JaimeCKL

JaimeCKL
      • 47 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 17, 2016
      • LocationSycamore, Illinois

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

Luckily, we haven't sent out the website info to our guests yet so we have no booked guests at this point, so it makes sense for us to
      cancel and rebook if our TA can not honor the  promotion.

event.png

#1299 upstatekj

upstatekj
      • 74 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

Curious what credit cards you used to pay for your weddings - i.e. i'm trying to avoid international fees and Visa charges 3% on international charges. Do any of you know the best way to handle this?

#1300 Sabes44

Sabes44
      • 354 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

@upstatekj I used my Capital One Visa because they don't charge international fees.  I know they don't take Discover, but not sure what other restrictions they might have.  Maybe Jessica would know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users