• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

#1181 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

You will find so much in great information right here on the BDW forum! Let us know if we can help in any way! Excellence group of resorts is a great choice and they do a wonderful job and provide an "Excellent" experience for your guests! : )
    Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#1182 victoriasalv

victoriasalv
    • 118 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Are you ladies purchasing extra flowers for the ceremony? Or reception?

#1183 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
    • 264 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

@victoriasalv - The only additional flowers I purchased are for my sister (MOH). I ordered a smaller bouquet to replicate mine, but in all white. We are making our own centerpieces and bring other d├ęcor for the welcome fiesta and reception.

#1184 upstatekj

upstatekj
    • 74 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

Are you ladies purchasing extra flowers for the ceremony? Or reception?

@victoriasalv - I am def purchasing additional flowers for the ceremony - and then use for the reception. Will be figuring out how many this week, but thinking atleast 4 bouquets so I can use them as centerpieces for my reception tables.

2 months left for me and I'm starting to stress! Need to make some decisions about decor and details.

Has anyone ever used the aqua wellness at the spa? I believe it is a large pool with jets or something ? I've read so many reviews that it's so amazing so just curious what it really consists of and if it's worth the extra $38/day. My mom has back and neck issues so thinking she would enjoy this.

#1185 Sabes44

Sabes44
    • 354 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

@victoriasalv -We are not doing extra flowers for the ceremony or reception (we choose the gold package, so I was happy with what it came with and Jessica let me break up the large floral centerpiece for 4 smaller ones for the reception).  I am bringing a bunch of extra decor for the tables though (2 types of votives, a runner, maracas and cute place cards for the tequila shots) I love candles more than just flowers (but that'e me!).  

@upstatekj -I have heard great things about the aqua wellness spa, I can let you know how it is after our wedding this month!  Might be worth it once or twice for $38. 

#1186 victoriasalv

victoriasalv
    • 118 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 29, 2016

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

@Sabes44 I'm with you! I love candles. That's a good idea about bringing them... much cheaper. I just was confused about what to do since I am not having a bridal party, I know some corsages/boutonnieres come with it that I won't be using. And wasn't sure about breaking up a larger thing (pending the size of our reception). Good to know Jessica is flexible. :)

#1187 Sabes44

Sabes44
    • 354 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

@victoriasalv -  We are not having a bridal party either so my fiance has one of the boutonnieres, and we gave each of our dads one and his mom a corsage.  Jessica is flexible, just needs to be "pushed" at times and I would send her pictures of what I wanted.  As long as they can do it, they will!

#1188 upstatekj

upstatekj
    • 74 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

@victoriasalv -We are not doing extra flowers for the ceremony or reception (we choose the gold package, so I was happy with what it came with and Jessica let me break up the large floral centerpiece for 4 smaller ones for the reception).  I am bringing a bunch of extra decor for the tables though (2 types of votives, a runner, maracas and cute place cards for the tequila shots) I love candles more than just flowers (but that'e me!).  

@upstatekj -I have heard great things about the aqua wellness spa, I can let you know how it is after our wedding this month!  Might be worth it once or twice for $38. 

please do - thank you @Sabes44!

#1189 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
    • 264 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

In just under 48 hours we'll be on the plane to the ERC!!! I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly. :)

#1190 Sabes44

Sabes44
    • 354 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

In just under 48 hours we'll be on the plane to the ERC!!! I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly. :)

Yay!!!  Have a blast and Congratulations!  I'll be getting on a plane in 16 days and can not wait!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users