Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

#91 May12

May12
  • Site Supporter
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

YAY!! That's really good news about getting through customs! Enjoy and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Originally Posted by BunnyBride 

hi,

I am at excellence now and it is SOOOOO beautiful.  Everything I put into my checked bags made it through!!!! I was so nervous about the sky lanterns, welcome bags and gatorade packets, but nothing happened. my fiance even had a random check done in his bags(I put some stuff into his) and he was fine.

I met gloria the other day and she is so nice and friendly. I am not nervous about anything at all. I cannot get over how beautiful it is here. the food and drinks are wonderful.  when i return, i will write up about the wedding.

#92 stella331

stella331
    • 247 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

hi,

I am at excellence now and it is SOOOOO beautiful.  Everything I put into my checked bags made it through!!!! I was so nervous about the sky lanterns, welcome bags and gatorade packets, but nothing happened. my fiance even had a random check done in his bags(I put some stuff into his) and he was fine.

I met gloria the other day and she is so nice and friendly. I am not nervous about anything at all. I cannot get over how beautiful it is here. the food and drinks are wonderful.  when i return, i will write up about the wedding.

That's so good to hear!  I want to hear all about it:)  Did you have a problem taking your dress on the plane?  Hope you have a beautiful wedding day!!!

46 booked and counting!

#93 SweetFire

SweetFire
      • Vendor
      • 330 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hey Everyone.     I have recently heard that the Excellence Riviera Cancun is charging $500USD per external photographer.  Has anyone else got this answer from them?  I've photographed alot of weddings there and  in the past they have required just day passes for each photographer.  I'd be surprised if it has changed so drastically but am curious to find out...   I have heard about this from other resorts too but have yet to confirm it.   Any information you have would help. Thanks.

#94 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
        • 156 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

hi,

I hope you had an AMAZING wedding! Can't wait to hear about it and see pics :)

Originally Posted by stella331 

That's so good to hear!  I want to hear all about it:)  Did you have a problem taking your dress on the plane?  Hope you have a beautiful wedding day!!!

I was curious about getting wedding attire on the plane as well...

Originally Posted by SweetFire 

Hey Everyone.     I have recently heard that the Excellence Riviera Cancun is charging $500USD per external photographer.  Has anyone else got this answer from them?  I've photographed alot of weddings there and  in the past they have required just day passes for each photographer.  I'd be surprised if it has changed so drastically but am curious to find out...   I have heard about this from other resorts too but have yet to confirm it.   Any information you have would help. Thanks.

Yep, unfortunately they do charge $500 for outside vendors. It really sucks :(

#95 stella331

stella331
          • 247 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

$500? when I was quoted when booking they said it was a $200 vendor fee. Being that I have it in writing and have all of Golria's emails will they honor the price agreed on?
            46 booked and counting!

#96 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
            • 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

They should definitely honor what they quoted...you should ask her and tell us what she says! I would die if I only had to pay $200!!! - I was not happy with the $500 fee they quoted me but I didn't care for their in house photographer :(

#97 Jill Conner

Jill Conner
              • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, we're paying the $500 too...

#98 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
                • 156 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

OK ladies, I'm getting really excited!!! I can't believe my wedding is only 3 1/2 weeks away!! YIKES! Maybe I will get my OOT bags put together tonight so I can post them for you ladies...I'm such a procrastinator :)

Anyone do a boudoir shoot for their fiance? I am doing one next week...sooo nervous but very excited! I've never done anything like this and I think my fiance will be really surprised. I just decided to do it last minute, I don't know what has gotten into me!

I'm so burnt out at work right now...just dying to be on the beach with my awesome friends and family (and my handsome soon to be hubby!!)

How are you ladies doing?

#99 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
                  • 156 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Ooooo and I almost forgot! My cake topper was just finished yesterday, I can't wait for it to come in the mail

il_570xN.341153643.jpg

#100 KLPhoto

KLPhoto
                    • Vendor
                    • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

as far as the outside vendor pricing goes, if the photographer is a paying guest at the hotel then there should not be a fee. it's as if they would be charging you for your friend to take your photos. Since I am a destination wedding photographer, I have never witnessed a couple needing to pay the fee because I am always staying at their resort (which isn't cheap!) One time, a couple straight out told their resort they would not use their resort photographer and are hiring their own, and the wedding coordinator was able to pull the fee ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users