Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

@@JaimeCKL - Those sound like excellent choices. :) I'm not sure if you've been to ERC before, but the only thing I want to point out is that the X-Lounge is right by the main/bar pool area. I'm assuming your festivities would be taking place in the evening, so there shouldn't be as many people left by the pool, but I just wanted to let you know.

@@JenniferH114 Thanks for the tip. I have not been there. That may be the push I need to decide to do the pier. 

I just read on the Excellence facebook page that the pools are closed in the evening. Does anyone know if any pools are open in the evening? Just curious as to what our evening options are since there is no longer a dance club/disco. My fiance is 12 years younger than me and his friends are all in the 23-27 year old range and I want to ensure they won't be bored at night and I am not sure that the shows will be that appealing to them.

@@JaimeCKL - Those sound like excellent choices. :) I'm not sure if you've been to ERC before, but the only thing I want to point out is that the X-Lounge is right by the main/bar pool area. I'm assuming your festivities would be taking place in the evening, so there shouldn't be as many people left by the pool, but I just wanted to let you know.

@JaimeCKL the pools are not open at night.  There is a sports bar where the disco used to be so we hung out in there and played pool and they had karaoke like every other night.  The shows are good but not much partying going on at night.  We went right to sports bar after the shows.  The martini bar is open late also but it's just a bar, not tvs or anything.

@@upstatekj - YES!!!! He and his assistant were incredible! They stayed an extra 1.5 hours over our already six hour package. The shots they were giving us peeks of were awesome. I have no idea when we'll start seeing some photos, but I can't wait! I HIGHLY recommend him and his pricing is so (relatively) reasonable.

So I am back from the most amazing time in Mexico!  Having a hard time readjusting to everything now that the craziness has died down and back to "normal".  I couldn't have asked for a better wedding at Excellence NOTHING went wrong and everything was smooth and as seamless as possible.  I will write a full review once we settle back in and I get some more pictures.  I used Juan Navarro for the pictures and he was Amazing!!!  We also did the Cenote TTD shoot (my dress was cleaner after that, than after the wedding!).  I really really can't wait for all the pictures.  Now just settling back in and happy to answer any questions.  

We did a beach ceremony, cocktail hour at X-Lounge, and the reception at Los Olas with the gold package, 30 guests and no DJ.

Happy Planning to all those who just started or almost there!  Enjoy the ride, cause it will be here before you know it!

Mexico 2

Mexico

Thanks for the info Jennifer. We just put our deposit down on our room reservation and are waiting for the TA to get our wedding date confirmed with Jessica f(she is holding it at this point) and get a group code for our website apparently. It is all very confusing to me. I spent most of today going back through old messages and threads on here and it was super helpful. Based off of all of my research so far, I believe we will do a beach gazebo wedding, X-Club cocktail hour and Las Olas reception. We will have a small group (20 total probably), so we can not do the Lobster House. I have gotten so many ideas from this board...it is amazing! I can not wait to get further into the planning and get to talk to Jessica about all of the options. Looking forward to learning everything I can from you experts!

That is the exact combination we did!  Originally we were going to do the cocktail hour on the pier but Jessica recommended X-Lounge and it was perfect for us.  The pier is amazing too, just depends on what you want.  With 20 the pier could be really cool, it's just kind of narrow so not a ton of room to spread out, but a beautiful view!

• Like 2

So I am back from the most amazing time in Mexico! Having a hard time readjusting to everything now that the craziness has died down and back to "normal". I couldn't have asked for a better wedding at Excellence NOTHING went wrong and everything was smooth and as seamless as possible. I will write a full review once we settle back in and I get some more pictures. I used Juan Navarro for the pictures and he was Amazing!!! We also did the Cenote TTD shoot (my dress was cleaner after that, than after the wedding!). I really really can't wait for all the pictures. Now just settling back in and happy to answer any questions.

We did a beach ceremony, cocktail hour at X-Lounge, and the reception at Los Olas with the gold package, 30 guests and no DJ.

Happy Planning to all those who just started or almost there! Enjoy the ride, cause it will be here before you know it!

That is the exact combination we did! Originally we were going to do the cocktail hour on the pier but Jessica recommended X-Lounge and it was perfect for us. The pier is amazing too, just depends on what you want. With 20 the pier could be really cool, it's just kind of narrow so not a ton of room to spread out, but a beautiful view!

Gorgeous!! Oh my god you looked stunning in your dress! The back is super sexy!! Happy to hear it all went as you hoped and congrats on being a Mrs!! Looking forward to seeing more pics!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Gorgeous!! Oh my god you looking stunning in your dress! The back is super sexy!! Happy to hear it all went as you hoped and congrats on being a Mrs!! Looking forward to seeing more pics!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thank you @@acw271011!!  I can't wait to see the professional pictures, Juan posted a few on instagram, but they show up so small and hard to repost.  

@@Sabes44 Congratulations! My goodness you made one BEAUTIFUL bride. I absolutely adore your dress. You both look so happy! Can't wait to hear all the little details.

Ok wait now the questions are flooding in my brain @@Sabes44

What was the routine when you got there, do you meet with Jessica right away? Did she already have most of what you were looking for on file or is that when you gave her your final ideas on menu's etc. We're still so far out I didn't know how long they waited to lock in like the apps/food etc.