Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

Hi ladies,  just wanted to write a quick note.  We are back from our wedding and everything went perfect!  We had cermony on beach, cocktail hour on beach by Oregano and then reception at lobster house.  Our photog was Sasha Gluck and our DJ was Julian Molina from JWD Events. Both were great!  No complaints about anything.  Jessica was on top of everything.  I had a welcome dinner at Oregano and that went great as well.  This was our 4th time at Excellence and we will definitely go there for our 1yr anniversary.  If you have any questions let me know, we know this resort pretty well.  All I can say is don't stress, Jessica really had everything in order and perfect! 

• Like 4

Hi everyone! I'm in the very early phase of planning a destination wedding here for next May 2016. Do you girls have any feedback about doing a group contract with a travel agent? I was thinking that would be the best way to go, but the prices per person for the room rate I got is higher than I expected. Seems like you can find a much better rate on websites such as Expedia,Travelocity (that's what I did when I went last year). I know without the group contract I wouldn't get the group amenities this way, but I just feel nervous giving guests the room rate when I'm sure they could get much cheaper with a flight/hotel package deal through one of the travel websites. Let me know your thoughts on this! thanks :)

Hi everyone! I'm in the very early phase of planning a destination wedding here for next May 2016. Do you girls have any feedback about doing a group contract with a travel agent? I was thinking that would be the best way to go, but the prices per person for the room rate I got is higher than I expected. Seems like you can find a much better rate on websites such as Expedia,Travelocity (that's what I did when I went last year). I know without the group contract I wouldn't get the group amenities this way, but I just feel nervous giving guests the room rate when I'm sure they could get much cheaper with a flight/hotel package deal through one of the travel websites. Let me know your thoughts on this! thanks :)

Hi Katheryn78! and congrats on your wedding! A family friend of mine is a travel agent so we used her to coordinate our group. Because of the quantity of groups she has coming to Excellence Riviera, we got a pretty good deal, I think. Room rates are tricky - if you are constantly looking and staying on top of rates, you can def find better rates than what they provide. And also the timing of your wedding will effect the rates. We ended up with a rate of $210 per person per night for the standard room (I'm getting married July 4th weekend). And included in our group package are amenities like free welcome party, 10% off spa services, early check-in, etc. I had some guests question the rates but it was only a matter of a few dollars and our travel agent kindly explained that there are additional items included in ours. Our travel agent also coordinates transportation to the resort which is a huge help for me. She's also been to the resort so I bounce ideas off of her to help with my planning. Maybe go back to yours and ask if they can try to meet the current rate? They are flexible sometimes.

@@Crystal17 Yay! Congratulations. We are so happy for you. I'm so glad it was an easy breezy process and so glad Jessica was so great. I keep hearing such wonderful things about her. I can't wait to see pictures of your big day! Did you have your wedding at 5pm?

@@kathryn78 Welcome! And Congratulations! Our weddings are so close. Mine is April 29 2016. :)

An old coworker of mine is a travel agent so we decided to go that route. I've been to ERC and booked through her the last time but have done many trips alone on expedia/cheapcaribbean. The good thing about a travel agent is it takes a lot of the pressure off YOU. I found that I could, in fact find cheaper rates but I found it more convenient to book airport transfers, flights, rooms etc all in one transaction. It is also helping my guests that aren't big travelers not have to feel the pressure of looking for everything on their own. No one HAS to use the travel agent that you provide. You may just want to encourage them to if you can get some extra perks. For example we get money back, based on how many people book. Every little bit helps! But if it's easier on you, you could give them that option and leave the choice up to your guests how they want to book.

Hi ladies,  just wanted to write a quick note.  We are back from our wedding and everything went perfect!  We had cermony on beach, cocktail hour on beach by Oregano and then reception at lobster house.  Our photog was Sasha Gluck and our DJ was Julian Molina from JWD Events. Both were great!  No complaints about anything.  Jessica was on top of everything.  I had a welcome dinner at Oregano and that went great as well.  This was our 4th time at Excellence and we will definitely go there for our 1yr anniversary.  If you have any questions let me know, we know this resort pretty well.  All I can say is don't stress, Jessica really had everything in order and perfect! 

@@Crystal17, how was your hair and makeup? Was Elias still there?? Do you have any pics we can see yet? :)

Hi ladies, just wanted to write a quick note. We are back from our wedding and everything went perfect! We had cermony on beach, cocktail hour on beach by Oregano and then reception at lobster house. Our photog was Sasha Gluck and our DJ was Julian Molina from JWD Events. Both were great! No complaints about anything. Jessica was on top of everything. I had a welcome dinner at Oregano and that went great as well. This was our 4th time at Excellence and we will definitely go there for our 1yr anniversary. If you have any questions let me know, we know this resort pretty well. All I can say is don't stress, Jessica really had everything in order and perfect!

@@Crystal17, how was your hair and makeup? Was Elias still there?? Do you have any pics we can see yet? :)
Yayyy congratulations, show us some pics :) also how did hair and makeup come out ?

@victoriasalv our ceremony was 5:30, cocktail hour 6:00 then reception 7:00-11:00

@@kathryn78 we used destinationweddings.com as our travel agent and they were great.  We had Pam Gramling and she helped with all the booking.

@@upstatekj Elias is not there anymore.  I had a women do my hair and makeup.  I loved both but it was windy on beach so my veil/hair kept flying around.  I had loose waves.  My MOH had her hair up and it was much better with the wind!  She has a book with pics of hair you can look through but I would bring a pic of hair and makeup you want. I'll try to upload pics now!   

• Like 1