Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

@ JenniferH114

thks for the email, you would think the floor would be well kept since people walk around barefoot

@@Sabes44 - I was just thinking... I could be wrong but I thought you only needed 35 people for the Lobster House to shut it down on a night it's not already closed. I thought it you wanted to use it on a Friday or Monday you could since it's already closed those nights. Again, could be wrong.

I have heard that too @@JenniferH114, but Jessica said she might be able to let us use it, but we wouldn't know till we were only months out.  I didn't want to wait that long to book it and ended up like Los Olas better anyways with a small group and no dancing.  I think they want to make sure there are at least 35 guests because of the labor that goes into setting up the Lobster House compare to Los Olas.  

I am writing this response to every one b/c I cannot remember who asked what.  For those of you trying to decide about Las Olas don't even worry.  Las Olas is absolutely beautiful, with a cool breeze, and great atmosphere.  It is perfect for a group not big enough for the Lobster House.  My wedding was on a Friday night and I still had to meet the requirement of 35 guests.  They will not confirm your location until 2 months out.  In the end when I was 2 months away Jessica confirmed the Lobster House and made an exception and allowed me to only have 28 guests.  It was the perfect space.  We had a DJ.  For those torn between DJ or no DJ I would say it was worth it!  The DJ was great and we all had such a blast dancing....no matter how hot and sweaty we were.  I wanted to wear my gown all night as well but am so glad that in the end I brought a back up reception dress.  I made it until after dinner, danced a few songs and was a mess, so I changed.  It worked out.  

Someone asked about decor.  I did not put lights inside my lanterns.  There are already lantern hung in the Lobster House so the paper lanterns I brought were really for just a pop of color.  I had several small mason jars of white irises down the center of my table.  I did not bring the jar and I did not have to pay extra.  I told Jessica what I wanted and just told her to make it an equivalent cost of the Gold Package centerpiece.   I had to pay $60 for them to hang the papel picado and lanterns but is was so worth it.  They put the rest of my decor out for free.  I brought candles, lanterns for tables, and guest/card basket.  They set it up exactly how I had pictured.  

The pier is very windy and there is not escape from the sun.  Keep that in mind.  Also the set up for the ceremony is a little awkward depending on how many guests you have b/c they can only fit two chairs on each side of the aisle.  However...I have to say that the pier is amazingly breathtaking and made for some incredible pics.  If your ok with the sun and have a small party it may work.  It really is the most beautiful location.  I was not able to do that b/c we had 28 guests and 1 was in a wheel chair.  Someone mentioned they have a guest with a wheel chair.  My sister in law is in a wheel chair.  She would not have made it out to the pier.  I had my ceremony at the beach and it was less sand to have to travel on.  With that said she was able to get out to the ceremony site without her wheelchair b/c it was a short distance to travel.  

I am so excited for you ladies that still have your weddings to plan.  Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

@@HNeal

Thank you for your last post, it really helped. We were sold on the pier, the fact that you said its actually more difficult to get a wheel chair there than the beach is key (we thought it would be the other way) in addition to no shade which might be difficult for my future Father in law who will be in the wheel chair and quite weak as a result of the Parkinsons, Big thks!! 

We opted for the gold package and at this point, I'm quite confused what xtra decor that entails? If you would happen to know that would be great! Also in terms of the meals, I noticed you chose 2, what were they and would you maintain the same choice? 

Thank you @@HNeal for your comments, extremely helpful!!  I like you idea of just small centerpieces on the table.  That was my idea and great to know they were able to help you out with that!

Did you do assigned seating?  Is anyone else planning on doing assigned seating if you have just one long table? 

@@HNeal

Thank you for your last post, it really helped. We were sold on the pier, the fact that you said its actually more difficult to get a wheel chair there than the beach is key (we thought it would be the other way) in addition to no shade which might be difficult for my future Father in law who will be in the wheel chair and quite weak as a result of the Parkinsons, Big thks!! 

We opted for the gold package and at this point, I'm quite confused what xtra decor that entails? If you would happen to know that would be great! Also in terms of the meals, I noticed you chose 2, what were they and would you maintain the same choice? 

@@HNeal

I am confused about the extra decor too, let me know if you find out!

@@JenniferH114

I was wondering about your centre pieces... gorgeous! Do you know how many days in advance you will have the vases so they can be put together? How many are you renting? I can't recall if you're doing round or rectangle tables? Most importantly, are you concerned about the candle blowing out due to the wind? I'm hesitating on the set up for fear the candles might be a problem

@@Sabes44 - We are not planning to do assigned seating. Pretty much everyone going knows each other, so I don't think seating will be a big issue. Also, we decided to stick with one entree option, instead of two, so it'll be easier on everyone and we won't have to worry about that either.

@@hapykat - Thanks! I have no idea how early we will get them, but they actually don't take too long to put together. I think they are on-site, so maybe I could ask to get them a day early or something. My mom is bringing her hot glue gun (lol), which will make everything much quicker. We are planning on one long square table, so we can fit 30-35 people. I'm guessing we'll need 3 or 4 centerpieces, so 9-12 vases total. We need three vases per centerpiece (each a different size). We are using floating candles, so they will sit on water below the top of the vase. I don't think wind will get in there too easily, so I haven't really thought about it. We also have white starfish to spread across the table, menus, custom maracas, a burlap runner, and custom coasters for drinks, so all of those will help to bring the look together. We ordered our own organza chair sashes for the ceremony, too, which we would like transferred to the reception chairs.

@@JenniferH114 what meal did you choose? My fiance's family are dairy farmers so they like their beef however I know my mom she likes her steak beyond well done, so I'm hesitating... any suggestions? Also did you get your organza covers via your package? I think their included in the gold

@@hapykat - We are doing a welcome party/dinner, so Jessica had sent me the menu options for that. After reviewing those options, I actually liked one of the entree options better than the gold package options. We ended up choosing the Filet and Lobster (with veggies and garlic mashed) for the reception and we are doing the chicken and salmon (from the gold package) for the welcome party. I don't eat fish, so that really narrowed down the options for us. I figured I'd rather have the dish with something I don't eat (salmon) for the welcome party, rather than at the reception dinner. I eat shrimp and lobster, so I was hoping there would've been a chicken/shrimp or beef/shrimp option, but there wasn't.

I ordered the sashes online. Our colors are pink and turquoise, and I'm really picky about the turquoise. Turquoise can really be all over the place with some more blue, some more green, etc. So I shopped around and finally found one that works perfectly. Also, I ordered double the amount so that we can put two sashes on each chair. (I just thought it would pop more.) Including shipping, which was a rip off at $13, we paid $40 total for 80 sashes. I don't think that's bad at all. Sashes are included in the gold package, but I think you can do rose petals instead, so we'll just do that.

Edited by JenniferH114