Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

@@HNeal I just looked at your pics, you looked amazing and wedding looked beautiful!  I just had a couple questions. 

How did you know how much papel picado to order?  Also, I thought in pics you had like paper balls hanging too.  Did you order those too?   I went on the website and am going to order the maracas (thank you so much for the info). One less thing to drag through customs!

We are debating between the pier an Las Olas for cocktail hour.  Las Olas seems like better room, was it decorated at all?  Were they on top of the appetizers/drinks for guests?  

Thanks for all your help!

@@Crystal17

You will be so happy with Maracas Mexico!! I ordered 50 meters (approx 165 feet). To be honest I had no idea how much to order. When I was ordering they told me that is how much most brides order so I just went with that! It worked out. I did have pink (in three different shades) balls hanging. Those were from Micheals Craft Store. Martha Stewart brand. I bought two boxes and there were plenty to space out between the papel picado.

I went back and forth between the pier and las Olas for cocktail hour as well. Really the thing that helped with our decision was the weather. We figured that during the end of August (even at 5:30pm) we would want the shade. When is your wedding again? The pier is gorgeous and when we were there we saw it set up for other events and it looked really pretty. We just thought it would be too hot!

As far as appetizers and drinks during cocktail hour I not really sure. I know they served a mango martini b/c I was handed one when we walked in. I did not see much of the food. It seemed that since there was a signature cocktail (not by our choosing but good anyway) our guests didn't realize they could order other options. I didn't see much food passed but I was only there for a short time and when I was there I was hugging and thankimg everyone. I did see waiters passing trays of food I just never had a chance to actually taste it!

@@Crystal17

You will be so happy with Maracas Mexico!! I ordered 50 meters (approx 165 feet). To be honest I had no idea how much to order. When I was ordering they told me that is how much most brides order so I just went with that! It worked out. I did have pink (in three different shades) balls hanging. Those were from Micheals Craft Store. Martha Stewart brand. I bought two boxes and there were plenty to space out between the papel picado.

I went back and forth between the pier and las Olas for cocktail hour as well. Really the thing that helped with our decision was the weather. We figured that during the end of August (even at 5:30pm) we would want the shade. When is your wedding again? The pier is gorgeous and when we were there we saw it set up for other events and it looked really pretty. We just thought it would be too hot!

As far as appetizers and drinks during cocktail hour I not really sure. I know they served a mango martini b/c I was handed one when we walked in. I did not see much of the food. It seemed that since there was a signature cocktail (not by our choosing but good anyway) our guests didn't realize they could order other options. I didn't see much food passed but I was only there for a short time and when I was there I was hugging and thankimg everyone. I did see waiters passing trays of food I just never had a chance to actually taste it!

@HNeal  Great, I will look at Michael's also.  I am placing the maracas/papel order tomorrow.  They already sent me some sample flower drawings they do.   

Our wedding is May 2nd.  I do love the pier, something we'll have to think about.

@@HNeal - Did the resort help setup your decorations or was that your responsibility? For example, did they hang the papel picado and lanterns or did you have to do it?

Great question about the decor, I was wondering the same thing!

• 3 weeks later...

@@HNeal

Hi again,

I was wondering about the hanging decor. You mentioned the fee was 60 to hang your lanterns and papel picolo. On that note, did you puts lights inside the lanterns or just left them as is? What about the dinner table? Who was responsible for setting it up? I noticed you had small but vases all along, how many did you have for the table? Was it part of a particular arrangement?

Thanks again

Julie

@@hapykat - My fiancé and I made a stop at ERC last week to take a tour and speak with Jessica. Our reception is going to be at Las Olas and Jessica said they (ERC) hang lights and lanterns. (We are not bringing any.) She mentioned no cost for doing so.

She also said, in terms of other decorations (menus, favors, etc.), that we will give everything to her and she will handle it. We are bringing our own centerpieces to be put together, so I am thinking of drawing a (very basic) picture to help show what we were thinking.

Edited by JenniferH114

@@JenniferH114

Thks for the input. I'm so behind! I've been sick with sinusitus for 3 weeks and its really hard to focus! I was curious, why did you chose las Olas for your reception? How many guests will you be having and will you have a dj? Will there be room to dance? I'm not sure if we will have a dj yet, our group is only at 18 so far. I was thinking las Olas for the cocktail hour, however I like what I've seen in the pictures of los Olas it seems like a mini lobster house which was my first choice but our group is too small. We have decided to get married on the pier and I would appreciate any other suggestion you might have for the reception? My FI is always running hot so I'm thinking the foyer might not be the best place for him.

We are doing Los Olas for the reception too.  Beach ceremony and X-Lounge cocktail hour.  Personally I liked how organic Los Olas looked and fit well with my vision of the wedding.  Our group is small too and some older folks so we figured we will save $ on the DJ and just all go out afterwards.  @happykat I had the same thought that Los Olas looked like a mini Lobster House but our group will be too small for it too.