Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

All,

We just got married at the ERC on 4/11/14. Do not worry about anything; Gloria is amazing, the resort is amazing and everything went so smooth. We had 46 guests and they all loved it. If you have any questions. Let me know!

Katie

I would love to hear the details if you have a minute. Ceremony and reception site? If you used the DJ? That sort of thing.

Edited by HNeal

HNeal those are gorgeous! I love the turquoise!

All,

We just got married at the ERC on 4/11/14. Do not worry about anything; Gloria is amazing, the resort is amazing and everything went so smooth. We had 46 guests and they all loved it. If you have any questions. Let me know!

Katie

Katie we would love to see pictures and hear about details from you wedding day!! Also any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated! I am getting married 7 weeks from today!!  :D

HNeal those are gorgeous! I love the turquoise!

Katie we would love to see pictures and hear about details from you wedding day!! Also any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated! I am getting married 7 weeks from today!!  :D

hi Girls,

We were there for 10 nights/11 days. We did the Gold Package and had 46 guests; our welcome party was at Las Olas Wednesday 6-7pm which we had some apps and drinks and passed out the welcome bags, the rehearsal was Thursday at the Oregano outside patio restaurant that had an ocean view  and was a mexican fiesta party and we used the pics/video from the gold package for the rehearsal bc we used Sarani Photography for our wedding day which were great;we also hired the mariachi band for the rehearsal and did a pinata.

We did the  pier for our wedding ceremony Friday at 5pm and had a guitar player Javier Rojas which Gloria helped us arrange; X lounge for cocktail hour at 6pm with the Caribbean Trio, and the Foyer for our reception with DJ Mannia at 7pm. We did maracas as our favor at the wedding; tres leches was our cake.

Here is a link for some pictures if you would like to see shoot me a note on fb and i will grant you access to the album; too hard to post on this link; If you have any questions feel free to message me too.

Advice-- just keep a really good checklist for yourself; Gloria was great but it kept me sane having one and then going through it with her even though she had her own. I sent her pics of everything i wanted and she did a great job. Good luck!! Was really hard to leave 

https://www.facebook.com/katie.stewart.5817/media_set?set=a.10152310659439168.534004037&type=3

hi Girls,

We were there for 10 nights/11 days. We did the Gold Package and had 46 guests; our welcome party was at Las Olas Wednesday 6-7pm which we had some apps and drinks and passed out the welcome bags, the rehearsal was Thursday at the Oregano outside patio restaurant that had an ocean view  and was a mexican fiesta party and we used the pics/video from the gold package for the rehearsal bc we used Sarani Photography for our wedding day which were great;we also hired the mariachi band for the rehearsal and did a pinata.

We did the  pier for our wedding ceremony Friday at 5pm and had a guitar player Javier Rojas which Gloria helped us arrange; X lounge for cocktail hour at 6pm with the Caribbean Trio, and the Foyer for our reception with DJ Mannia at 7pm. We did maracas as our favor at the wedding; tres leches was our cake.

Here is a link for some pictures if you would like to see shoot me a note on fb and i will grant you access to the album; too hard to post on this link; If you have any questions feel free to message me too.

Advice-- just keep a really good checklist for yourself; Gloria was great but it kept me sane having one and then going through it with her even though she had her own. I sent her pics of everything i wanted and she did a great job. Good luck!! Was really hard to leave 

https://www.facebook.com/katie.stewart.5817/media_set?set=a.10152310659439168.534004037&type=3

That is so great to hear! I love hearing all the details. I sent you a pm on fb to check out your photos. It may show up in the "other" category on facebook messages. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

TealMarie,

Did you get your wedding planner a gift?  Not sure what the protocol is.

Karen

Hey Karen!

How did your wedding go?! We would love to heard details and see pictures! :)

Edited by karijean

Hey Karen!

How did your wedding go?! We would love to heard details and see pictures! :)

Hi Kari,

The wedding was amazing!  Everyone said that the resort was gorgeous and the food was amazing (and we have quite a few foodies amongst us).  I loved the pier for the ceremony but it was windy and our officiant had not stapled his papers.  So it made for a few laughs trying not to get the papers to fly away.  I personally loved the pier over the beach though.  Everyone also raved about the food at the reception.  We did buffet style and selected the Cancun buffet option.  I would second a comment another girl made above - I created a spreadsheet with all the decisions for the Welcome Hour the night before and the wedding day, and it really helped.  Our meeting with Gloria took 20 minutes to go through the details since we had the spreadsheet. 

Our guests loved that we had selected a time for pre-dinner and post-dinner cocktails.  With 51 guests, everyone wanted to meet up and hang out with everyone else, so that was a great way to do it.  We broke off into smaller groups for dinner based on who wanted to go where and when and then met back up later.  Restaurants do not take tables of more than 6, except for Hibachi, for which you have to make reservations on the same day starting 5:30pm.  These tables go fast so you want to be there by 5:10 to get in line for it.

P.S.: There are no restaurants that do buffet style dinner; however every 2-3 nights, the resort threw a theme party where the theatre is and served buffet style dinner there.

Hi Kari,

The wedding was amazing! Everyone said that the resort was gorgeous and the food was amazing (and we have quite a few foodies amongst us). I loved the pier for the ceremony but it was windy and our officiant had not stapled his papers. So it made for a few laughs trying not to get the papers to fly away. I personally loved the pier over the beach though. Everyone also raved about the food at the reception. We did buffet style and selected the Cancun buffet option. I would second a comment another girl made above - I created a spreadsheet with all the decisions for the Welcome Hour the night before and the wedding day, and it really helped. Our meeting with Gloria took 20 minutes to go through the details since we had the spreadsheet.

Our guests loved that we had selected a time for pre-dinner and post-dinner cocktails. With 51 guests, everyone wanted to meet up and hang out with everyone else, so that was a great way to do it. We broke off into smaller groups for dinner based on who wanted to go where and when and then met back up later. Restaurants do not take tables of more than 6, except for Hibachi, for which you have to make reservations on the same day starting 5:30pm. These tables go fast so you want to be there by 5:10 to get in line for it.

P.S.: There are no restaurants that do buffet style dinner; however every 2-3 nights, the resort threw a theme party where the theatre is and served buffet style dinner there.

I'm so glad it was amazing! Any pics??

Hi ladies,

We just got back from our 3rd trip to Excellence Riviera Cancun and booked our wedding for May 2015.  We met with Gloria who was great.  Since we have been there before, we know exactly what we want. This resort is amazing! I brought a wedding binder I made and Gloria went through it with me.  I'm so excited and loved reading everyone's stories! 

hi! we are getting married at excellence riviera july 6, 2015 (so far away, i know) and am loving this thread of comments - very helpful! i'm wondering if anyone feedback on staying at the excellence club honeymoon suite versus a "less fancy" room - is it worth the extra money?? i'd like the extra room in the suite for the wedding day - the whole getting ready thing - but we will obviously be spending most of our time OUTSIDE of the room with our friends and family. any input on room selection is appreciated!