Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

I have a question about the spa if anyone can answer it. I'm planning to take the bridal party and Moms to the spa the day before for a treatment of their choice (ie: massage, mani/pedi or facial). If you get a treatment, do you also get to do the hydrotherapy pool tour? I've emailed the spa to ask them this but I think language barriers may be getting in the way and the response I got was confusing. Anyone know?
You definitely DO get the hydrotherapy with any spa treatment. You just have to let them know when you are booking and they will schedule it for each person after their treatment. It's weird tho because you will be upstairs in the spa with a robe on and have to change into a bathing suit and then go back upstairs after. We had a few people that had treatments throughout the week and everyone got the hydrotherapy included.

Ladies, I am so thankful for all of your reviews! We are getting married on August 24, 2013. I'm curious if Gloria offered the things that other brides left behind. For instance the sign mentioned above. Is it realistic that they keep the things and she'll offer? I would really like to use that sign :) I will be sure to leave a review to keep the goodness going ;)
Hope your day was fantastic and hope you hit to use my sign!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting married on October 5th. One month away. I'm so excited! Anyway, I have a question for some of the veteran ERC brides, did y'all have a wedding rehearsal? I emailed Gloria and she said that since she would be there on our wedding day she would make sure everyone knew where to go so a rehearsal wasn't necessary. Also, I saw some of you posted about a welcome cocktail hour, does this cost extra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateika83 View Post

I'm getting married on October 5th. One month away. I'm so excited! Anyway, I have a question for some of the veteran ERC brides, did y'all have a wedding rehearsal? I emailed Gloria and she said that since she would be there on our wedding day she would make sure everyone knew where to go so a rehearsal wasn't necessary. Also, I saw some of you posted about a welcome cocktail hour, does this cost extra?

Wow, you're one month away, that's exciting! I just emailed Gloria about the exact same thing so if I hear anything first I'll let you know. We're looking at having a rehearsal dinner and as far as I read on here from previous brides it does cost more (I think it was $20/pp) as it's a private event and the restaurants there won't take tables of more than 4 or maybe it's 8 people. I'm sure there's someone on here who can help us out though with the specifics. 

Are you all ready for the wedding? Any last minute things to get done? I feel like my list keeps growing, but we're 2 1/2 months out (and I keep putting certain tasks off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

Wow, you're one month away, that's exciting! I just emailed Gloria about the exact same thing so if I hear anything first I'll let you know. We're looking at having a rehearsal dinner and as far as I read on here from previous brides it does cost more (I think it was $20/pp) as it's a private event and the restaurants there won't take tables of more than 4 or maybe it's 8 people. I'm sure there's someone on here who can help us out though with the specifics. 

Are you all ready for the wedding? Any last minute things to get done? I feel like my list keeps growing, but we're 2 1/2 months out (and I keep putting certain tasks off).

TealMarie and Mateika,

First of all, congratulations to you both! I had a welcome dinner at Toscana the Italian restaurant. It was a semi-private event so it did not cost us extra. We had two long table set up in the back of the restaurant and if other people from the resort wanted to eat there they were seated in the front and were not in the way of pictures or any of my guests. I believe Mayla told me this type of event could be provided for 25-30 people. I had 35 and asked her if she would be able to still accommodate it so we wouldn't have to pay the $20 per person for a private event- she contacted the the catering manager and they agreed. I think they're pretty flexible so that is also an option you can look into if you have a small number of guests. 

I did not have a rehearsal because Mayla also told me she would be there to guide all my guests, which she did and we had no problem at all.

Hope that helps and congratulations again!

Thanks so much Mayerlis and TealMarie. Mayerlis -your wedding pics look AMAZING. It looks like everything went smoothly and llike you an your guests had a great time. That makes me more comfortable with not having a rehearsal before the wedding. I think we will do our welcome dinner at the Fiesta night. It's not private but Gloria can reserve a spot just for my wedding party and they can pick what they want to eat. TealMarie- I've been working on my OOT bags and favors for my guests. Also little crafts and personal touches for the wedding party. Are you set and ready. You're wedding will be here before you know it too!

first off, congrats! You made the best decision and won't be disappointed! I got married July 27 and had a semi private rehearsal dinner with 2 tables in the back of Toscana as well. Gloria and their staff don't do a rehearsal and that made me a little nervous but trust me, they know what they are doing. Before the dinner that night I took everyone over to the excellence club and showed them the area on the beach and we talked about who walked with who and that was it. The day of Gloria came and got us girls and made sure the men were in place with flowers etc. she wears a little headset to cue music changes and everything, like Jlo in the wedding planner! It was perfect!!!!! I can't wait to read all about it!

• 4 weeks later...