Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

I'm struggling with the OOT bags as well. I know they're not required but I'd really like to do them. I've picked up some stuff from the dollar store that people will probably use but might forget (mints, eye mask and ear plugs for sleeping in, advil, emergen-c powder for hangovers, wet wipes, razor in case they forget, aloe vera gel, spf chapstick, etc) but when I look at it all together I wonder if it will just look really cheap? I'd still like to get luggage tags, colourful ray ban knock-offs and those waterproof, colourful watches. I've heard of a lot of other people including a mug or bubba keg, but I just don't see it being used at ERC where I hear the service is amazing and you are never without a drink (if you don't want to be). Any suggestions of what else to include?

Thanks for sharing the stuff about the wipes! That's awesome. I will definitely get some and share with the wedding party. And congrats Jessica on the weight loss! I'm trying, but it goes much more slowly than I'd like. I have about 2 and a half months, so a little more time to see some change.  I'm planning on bringing table runners for the tables. I'm going with burlap, since I have such bright colors otherwise. I hope they can really set up all the stuff I plan on bringing!!  Did you all do OOT bags? I' struggling with what to do on those. 
I'm doing OOT bags...I ordered tote bags from the Wedding Chicks Shop and then my items mostly from amazon: Advil packets, Pepto Bismol packets, travel size aloe and sunscreen, Chapstick, shout wipes, starburst candy, starfish wine stoppers, sunglasses, emergen C, hotel room door hangers, and tumblers. We are taking a large luggage to bring the OOT stuff with us to Mexico, then will put the empty luggage inside the other on our way home. To be honest all that stuff doesn't actually take up that much space...I'm leaving it packaged as it is and planning on putting the bags together when we get to the resort in assembly line style with help from fiancé and my mom :) We have a few days before the wedding on the resort so hopefully this won't take more than a couple hours.

Alright, need some advice or recommendations! Our photographer happens to be my aunt (she's a wedding photographer in the US and a guest of our wedding), and I didn't think originally I wanted a videographer, but now I think I do. Anyone have any recs of reviews for JUST a videographer down there? I don't even know where to start. I know there's an outside vendor fee at ERC and I should talk to Gloria about that. If anyone really liked their videographer or has heard of a great one let me know!

I'd really like to hear about the resort Videographer/photographer too.  I'm using them instead of hiring someone else.  I have a friend that is taking photos too.  The man I've been in contact with seems nice.  Their website is  www.beachweddingstudio.com  Their pics look ok and they are very attentive.  I've read on the Excellence Playa Muerjes thread that they were Blue Lens.  Everyone on theri has nice things to say, which eased my mind a bit.  If you have the gold package the videography of the ceremony is included.  :) Hope this helps. 

Mandy

Originally Posted by ampanda52 View Post

I'd really like to hear about the resort Videographer/photographer too.  I'm using them instead of hiring someone else.  I have a friend that is taking photos too.  The man I've been in contact with seems nice.  Their website is  www.beachweddingstudio.com  Their pics look ok and they are very attentive.  I've read on the Excellence Playa Muerjes thread that they were Blue Lens.  Everyone on theri has nice things to say, which eased my mind a bit.  If you have the gold package the videography of the ceremony is included.  :) Hope this helps. 

Mandy

How much was it to use the videographer? I'm curious about getting them to film our reception (since the ceremony is included). Did you get to see any sample videos? I saw someone on the EPM thread who just posted photos of the their wedding taken by the resort photographer and they look awesome!

Hello ERC Brides! I just got engaged last Sunday and I am planning on booking our wedding for Fall of 2014, I think in Oct but it's not final yet. I am not sure about the weather that time of year. Anyway, I have emailed all emails addresses they give on the website to get more wedding information like additional options/pricing, also what the groups rates are. No one has gotten back to me. Has everyone else had this problem?? Can someone give me the direct email address to the wedding coordinator, so I am able to get the needed information? Thanks! J

I have the gold package, so video of the ceremony is included along with some photos.  I've picked a moderate package without video, so I'll only be getting video of the actual ceremony.  I did a search on youtube a couple of months ago.  Their head photographer's name is Juan Carlos Lancelotti.  He has some videos posted.  They seem ok to me!  I've seen those same pics on the EPM thread.  I thought they were pretty good too!  I was concerned at first because when I first booked ERC was using a different photographer but this one contacted me recently and seems better.  

According to my price sheet from Beach Wedding Studios an hour of video a la cart is $320.  If anyone wants to see their price sheet pm me and I'll email it to you.  

Mandy