Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

I'm not sure if everyone has seen it but there's a webinar for Excellence Resorts on March 16th on this site. It's under 'Forum News and Updates' and then 'Wedding Webinar Schedular 2013'. I have a feeling it'll answer a lot of our questions! 

Hi everyone,

I am new to BDW, but I am also getting married at ERC. My date is July 22, 2013. I have been reading through the posts and I figured I would just say hello and hopefully be able to exchange info with people!

First question (lol)... I see that people have booked their hair appointments. Did you do this through Gloria? What time is your wedding and what time did you book your appointments?

I have exchanged a good bit of e-mails with Gloria (with a whole lot of random questions) so hopefully I can help some people out in the future!

Stacey

Originally Posted by ashley32 View Post

Hey! I was married at the Excellence Riviera Cancun on Nov 2nd, 2012.  I did a lot of searching on this site for ideas and wanted to share my wedding slideshow to see if it helps any of you out.  Elizabeth medina was awesome and I highly recommend her!  Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.elizabethmedina.com/AM2012/

Your pictures are beautiful...thank you for sharing!!

Originally Posted by stacey8017 View Post

Hi everyone,

I am new to BDW, but I am also getting married at ERC. My date is July 22, 2013. I have been reading through the posts and I figured I would just say hello and hopefully be able to exchange info with people!

First question (lol)... I see that people have booked their hair appointments. Did you do this through Gloria? What time is your wedding and what time did you book your appointments?

I have exchanged a good bit of e-mails with Gloria (with a whole lot of random questions) so hopefully I can help some people out in the future!

Stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey8017 View Post

Hi Ladies!

So I am new here on BDW... I actually tried to reply to someones post a few minutes ago and it didn't work. So I figured I would try this way...

Anyways, congrats on everyone's upcoming weddings! I am also getting married at ERC... July 22, 2013! I am pretty sure someone else is getting married the same week which is pretty cool!

I was just wondering where everyone is at with their planning? I'll admit, although I chose a destination wedding for simplicity and fun, I am a bit of a freak about making sure everything is in place. So I'm wondering if you have picked your locations for everything, packages, decided on decorations, if you're doing OOT bags and have started anything, etc? Just trying to figure out if I am behind, on point, or ahead of the game?

Hope to hear from some ladies soon!

Stacey

Hi Stacey, 

Congrats on booking your wedding and welcome! I saw your post on the other ERC thread and was responding but I'll do it on here instead. I've wondered the same thing about the lack of activity on the ERC boards. I'm not sure if this means there are fewer people getting married there or just not as many people on this forum? In any case I've also subscribed to the Excellence Playa Mujeres board as it's pretty active and a lot of what they talk about works for us as well (packages, photographers, flowers, timing, mariachi bands they offer, etc).

Our wedding is not until Nov so I can't compare with you on what point I'm at. I do know I asked Gloria when I had to give her the final numbers for guests, decide the menu, flowers, etc and she said 3-4 weeks prior to the wedding, but they'd prefer sooner than that if possible. If I were you I'd pick out your locations and time so that you get what you want in case someone else books the same day. I read through this thread, as well as this one http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/34210/excellence-riviera-maya which helped me a lot in deciding. For example, the pier is very narrow so if you have a lot of guests coming, they may end up seated very far back in order to fit them all on the dock for your ceremony and it's windy out there, etc. I also asked Gloria for photos of each venue which helped a lot.

I'm thinking of starting OOT bags early just so they don't end up stressing me out but I've read on here a lot of girls doing them 4-6 weeks prior. I'm still trying to decide what to put in there. I've read a lot of people put insulated mugs for drinks but I don't know if anyone has done it at ERC and if people used them.

Our wedding is at 2pm and I'm wondering when to book our hair/make up appointments as well. I really want to leave us lots of time to get ready so it doesn't get hectic and stressful. Anyone with advise on how long we should allow? So basically I have no answers for you but I have a lot of the same questions, lol! 

Hi fellow ERC brides!! My wedding was last January 11,2013 and it could not have been any more wonderful!! The Excellence is truly the perfect place to be.  I have pictures to share in case you guys are wondering.  I am also open to any questions you guys have:

http://michellechu.com/stella-darron-married-excellence-riviera-cancun/

Our photographer was absolutely amazing.  I recommend her if you guys need one. The great thing is that she was already there before so she definitely knows the great spots to shoot!  Tell her I sent you!  My personal email is starsphynx@gmail.com if you guys have any questions as well.  I'm excited for you guys!!!

Stella

Hey Stacey8017!

First off, congrats!!  I'm getting married July 27, 2013.  

I asked Gloria about booking hair and makeup but she gave me their (the spa's) email address.  It's the same one on the excellence website under the spa, but I don't have it here right now.  If you tell them what time your wedding is and the date, they will tell you what time your appointment will be.  They will also ask your and your bridesmaids hair length to determine the time and price.  Hope this helps!!

Mandy

Hi Mandy!

Thanks for the help! Just one more question about it... what time is your wedding and what time did you opt to get your hair done? My wedding is at 5pm; however, my photographer is getting there at 4pm. I want to be ready early, but not too early, ya know? 

That's awesome that you are getting married July 27! What day are you arriving at the resort? We will be there from 7/20-7/27. How many people do you have coming to your wedding? There will be like 20 for us. Have you made all of your decisions regarding package, photography, decorations, etc.? I e-mailed Gloria last week with some of my decisions, such as location for ceremony, cocktail hair, reception, menu. 

Stacey 

Stacey,

We'll be arriving Tuesday 7/23 and staying until 8/1, so we'll be there when you are there!!! 

My wedding is at 5pm as well!  They asked me when I scheduled my appt what time I would need to be ready and my length of hair...and I said 4 and long.  They scheduled me for 12:30, I think, and my friend's appts for 1:30.  They do so many of these I figured they know how to schedule them, so I'm not sweating it! 

I sent Gloria most of my choices a few weeks ago...

Wedding on the beach

Cocktail on the pier

Reception at Barcelona

There are going to be about 50-60 of us.  It's a pretty big party, so we chose the Gold Package. 

I also sent her my menu choices and some decoration flower choices.  So excited!!  Where are you having your ceremony etc?

Mandy