Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

We are getting married at ERC 10/27/12. I have been working with Gloria, as well, but she hasn't emailed me options. Can someone who has them email them to me, so I can get an idea of colors, etc, for the flowers and all? Just trying to coordinate with my BM dresses.

Thanks!

Tiffany

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by InnaDaniel View Post

Hi ladies,

I'm actually celebrating my honeymoon at the Excellence Riviera Cancun - immediately following my wedding, which is taking place in just a few short weeks at the gorgeous new Paradisus La Perla / La Esmeralda in Playe del Carmen.

For those of you who have already been to the resort, anything you can share? 

Thanks so much!!!

Inna

Inna - Hope your wedding was awesome! How was your honeymoon? We would love to hear all about it wink.gif

Originally Posted by BunnyBride View Post

sunsetlove-Gloria can book the restarant for you?  I had asked her about a table for 24 people, and she didn't respond.  I will ask her again. I don't think you sound like cheapos AT ALL!!!! We will (hopefully, if Gloria can) be doing the same thing.

tiners17-my welcome cocktail and appetizer party will be privtae(at least I think so).  I have Ivan Luckie for photography and DJ Doreemixx.

is anybody having a videographer?  we are bouncing back and forth about it. It wasn't in the budget, but I read on here that some people decided at the last minute to get one and they were really happy they did.

Bunny - less than a MONTH until your big day!!!! How excited are you!?!?!

Hello everyoneeee!

Getting married @ the ERC 6/29/12!  Had NO IDEA Nayeli was no longer the coordinator!? She is the last person I've had contact with, but to be honest, I haven't tried to contact the resort for a while!  Haven't really had a reason, I suppose! 

Anyway, I'm trying to get a hold of Gloria or Nayeli (whoever is there!) about booking a welcome dinner!  I didn't know this was an option!  I wouldn't mind it being non-private AT ALL! I just want everyone to be able to sit at the same table/in the same restaurant at the same time!  We'll have a total of 20 people.  I thought if it was "private" it would seem very, very similar to our actual "reception". 

We're doing the beach ceremony, cocktail hour in the square, and then our reception @ the Lobster House.  We were considering the pier for our cocktail hour, but I heard it can be windy.  I also wanted to get our guests "off" the beach because I figured my new hubs and I will be taking some pictures!  I didn't think we'd be able to get all those cute dock shots if there was a cocktail party happening! 

We decided on the Lobster House over the foyer area for our reception, because I heard the foyer can be hot in the summer.  We were just looking for as much air as possible.  Have any of you ladies picked your menus yet?  I feel crazy that I haven't and our wedding is 2 months away!  Just wanted to hear any opinions. 

We haven't decided on DJ or no DJ yet.  We got a music list from the resort DJ and it is TERRIBLE... we thought it would at least have SOME current music, but it appears not.  I haven't tried to contact the DJ directly myself. We'll see. We might just use the sound system provided.  We also have a BOSE portable music player, so maybe we'll just bring that with us too. 

Haven't started on any OOT gift bags.  Have been debating on the amount of work it will take to get everything down there, but seems tacky not to have something for the guests.  Also a little difficult since it's an all inclusive resort, so guests won't be as desperate for "Snacks", etc. in the hotel like at a "normal" wedding.  The Ibuprofen, etc. is a cute idea though!

What are you all doing for your guest books?  I am still debating on this. 

Oh yeah, and we're using Juan Navarro for our wedding pics.  I am SUPER excited about this! 

Alright, that was a lot of info. I've enjoyed reading the treads... sorry I've been so quiet!  I'm excited!  And Miss Sunset Love, we'll probably see you down there!!!!

Hi Jill! Congrats on your wedding!! I'm getting married in Excellence Playa Mujeres next month and I may have some answers for you...

A lot of us at EPM are working with Nayeli. I think she was promoted to director and now is working primarily at EPM.

As for the DJ, do you have Mannia, their house DJ?? If so, I TOTALLY agree with you about the music! I saw the list and had a panic attack! Just about everything on their "list" is on my "do not play" list! We actually met Fernando last September while we were down there and he was super nice and was willing to do anything we wanted to make us happy. What we're doing is giving him ALL of my music. This way people can request whatever they want and he can work with our style of music. The tedious part of this was converting everything from iTunes to MP3. We then are putting it all on a passport(external hard drive) and giving it to him when we get down there. He's meeting us on Monday to  go over everything and get the passport, and then coming back the next day to give it back to us once he downloads everything. This will give him the rest of the week to play around with it and put some things together. I am REALLY hoping this works out, but if all else fails, our wedding party is prepared to bombard him with requests!  

With the menus, they've been great about changing, adding, switching and customizing anything you want! I'm sure it's the same at ERC. We have the gold package but chose a silver menu. Changed out the soup(too hot for soup in our opinion for an outside reception) and added a tuna tartar appetizer, then into the salad, then the main and desert. We also had them come up with fish and vegetarian options that are not on the menu choices. I'm really happy with the outcome and THRILLED that they could do what we wanted versus us being locked into a set menu.     

For the "guest book" we wanted to find a photo book of ruins or Mexico(something like that) CANNOT find it here! We're hoping we'll find something once we're there. What we're doing anyway, is getting a mix of postcards and laying them on a talavera tray with metallic markers. guests can write us notes and then clip them to a photo "tree" of sorts. (photofalls by Umbra)(We had vintage Mexican postcards as our Save the Date) It will be displayed on a table with a talavera vase filled with sparklers, and photos of my Grandparents and my Fi's Mother who has passed. In my head it works...hope it does when we actually see it! :)

Good luck with your planning...I'm sure it will be beautiful, whatever you decide to go with! A bride who just got married at EPM posted "It's so beautiful here, it's really hard to screw it up". Excellence resorts are GORGEOUS, and the staff is amazing... I have faith that they'll exceed all expectations!     

Originally Posted by Jill Conner View Post

Hello everyoneeee!

Getting married @ the ERC 6/29/12!  Had NO IDEA Nayeli was no longer the coordinator!? She is the last person I've had contact with, but to be honest, I haven't tried to contact the resort for a while!  Haven't really had a reason, I suppose! 

Anyway, I'm trying to get a hold of Gloria or Nayeli (whoever is there!) about booking a welcome dinner!  I didn't know this was an option!  I wouldn't mind it being non-private AT ALL! I just want everyone to be able to sit at the same table/in the same restaurant at the same time!  We'll have a total of 20 people.  I thought if it was "private" it would seem very, very similar to our actual "reception". 

We're doing the beach ceremony, cocktail hour in the square, and then our reception @ the Lobster House.  We were considering the pier for our cocktail hour, but I heard it can be windy.  I also wanted to get our guests "off" the beach because I figured my new hubs and I will be taking some pictures!  I didn't think we'd be able to get all those cute dock shots if there was a cocktail party happening! 

We decided on the Lobster House over the foyer area for our reception, because I heard the foyer can be hot in the summer.  We were just looking for as much air as possible.  Have any of you ladies picked your menus yet?  I feel crazy that I haven't and our wedding is 2 months away!  Just wanted to hear any opinions. 

We haven't decided on DJ or no DJ yet.  We got a music list from the resort DJ and it is TERRIBLE... we thought it would at least have SOME current music, but it appears not.  I haven't tried to contact the DJ directly myself. We'll see. We might just use the sound system provided.  We also have a BOSE portable music player, so maybe we'll just bring that with us too. 

Haven't started on any OOT gift bags.  Have been debating on the amount of work it will take to get everything down there, but seems tacky not to have something for the guests.  Also a little difficult since it's an all inclusive resort, so guests won't be as desperate for "Snacks", etc. in the hotel like at a "normal" wedding.  The Ibuprofen, etc. is a cute idea though!

Oh yeah, and we're using Juan Navarro for our wedding pics.  I am SUPER excited about this! 

Alright, that was a lot of info. I've enjoyed reading the treads... sorry I've been so quiet!  I'm excited!  And Miss Sunset Love, we'll probably see you down there!!!!

Originally Posted by Jill Conner View Post

Hello everyoneeee!

HOW EXCITING!!!!! When are you arriving? We'll have to meet up for a drink, I'll buy cheesy.gif

We have not really talked about a guest book...I don't think we are going to do one...is that tacky? We are having a huge reception at home 2 weeks after our wedding where we'll do the whole shabang so we are not doing any of that typical reception stuff down at ERC (no guest book, no DJ, we aren't even having our photographer cover dinner). We have been throwing around the idea of bringing our own music for them to play during dinner...but we don't want to pay $500 for their sound system so we will have to look into a quality docking station (ours sucks).

As for our dinner, we just picked our menu out and she was really flexible. We are having the beef tenderloin from the silver menu, but I subbed garlic mashed potatoes for the horseradish potatoes and she was totally fine with that. She also let us choose 3 different flavors for our cake, I don't know but that might be standard. We are doing dinner on the beach, I would have loved to have our dinner at the Lobster House but I don't think that is an option for a Tuesday night. Plus, we figured everyone would enjoy eating oceanside because really...how many times in your life do you get to do that!? I think whatever we all choose will be wonderful, I have heard so many great things about Excellence resorts.

Oh yeah and definitely talk to Gloria about a welcome dinner! I just wanted a "free option" where we could all sit by each other and share our first meal at the resort together. I also wanted to be able to hand out our OOT bags then. She originally told us that we had to choose a menu for everyone to eat but I just wanted my guests to be able to choose their own meal...I mean they are all spending thousands of dollars to come down and most are only staying 4 nights so I wanted them to be able to get what they wanted. So my travel agent called and talked to Gloria and she decided that all of our guests can order off the menu for the welcome dinner! Woo!

Happy planning, we are getting so close! Glad you posted!!!

Ashley

Originally Posted by SunsetLove View Post

Oh yeah and definitely talk to Gloria about a welcome dinner! I just wanted a "free option" where we could all sit by each other and share our first meal at the resort together. I also wanted to be able to hand out our OOT bags then. She originally told us that we had to choose a menu for everyone to eat but I just wanted my guests to be able to choose their own meal...I mean they are all spending thousands of dollars to come down and most are only staying 4 nights so I wanted them to be able to get what they wanted. So my travel agent called and talked to Gloria and she decided that all of our guests can order off the menu for the welcome dinner! Woo!

Happy planning, we are getting so close! Glad you posted!!!

Ashley

sunset-that is great to know about the menu for the welcome dinner.  I have to make all my choices in the next few days, and I can't decide on a fixed menu for the welcome dinner.

We leave in 2 weeks, and I am beyond freaking out. I feel that it came too quickly and now I am scrambling around.  At least my oot bags are almost done-just have to buy the actual bags(thinking of just doing a basic white paper gift bag-easy and inexpensive)  and the pashminas.  I am having trouble deciding which colors! My colors are fuschia and orange, but I don't know if I should have black, cream and fuschia. I don't know. Wanted to get gatorade podwer packets, but Im not sure if they will be allowed in customs. We have several days before our guests arrive, so I might contact the concerige and ask them if I can go shopping in cancun to buy it.  I am also thinking of buying my maracas down there. 

Wow!  That is A LOT of work to get the DJ some decent music!  I applaud your effort!  We're just bailing!!  ... We're going to rent the sound system, but mainly because I think a few of our guests will actually ENJOY playing DJ for the night!! 

We also own this:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_music_systems/sounddock_systems/sounddock_portable/index.jsp

For anyone concerned about the $500 charge for the "sound system", consider this an option.  It's $400, and it's AWESOME.  I got it for my fiance last year for a Christmas present, and we use it ALL THE TIME. We're actually considering using this instead of the sound system they provide, but we're not sure. 

Thanks again for all the advise about the welcome dinner and the substitutions on the reception menu.  All things I did not know or think to ask!  You ladies are so helpful!  We'll probably be picking our meal soon.  That is smart about bailing on the soup I think... does seem like a rather warm dish for the summer!  And just to make this clear (it really wasn't so when I talked to Gloria), if we do a "welcome dinner", we have to have a SET menu still?  Gloria did send me some Menus from Agave and Toscana, but I thought it was mainly to determine which restaurant we wanted to have our welcome dinner at!?  Not to pick another SET menu!?  Bah!  I agree that our guests are paying thousands of dollars to come to the resort to celebrate with us... I want them to have SOME choice in what they eat for the few days they're there!  That is why we wanted an all-inclusive resort!!!!

Reception on the beach sounds like it will be amazing!  How fun to have the whole sha-bang when you get home too.  We're doing a WAY more informal at-home-reception a month after we return... we're doing a picnic-style Saturday afternoon fiesta with food, drinks, and other outdoor activity!

And no, I don't think it's tacky at all not to have a guest book... not sure we're doing one ourselves... just thought I'd get an opinion out there!

I think, overall, we're VERY lucky ladies!!!  Like many posters say, our weddings will be beautiful no matter what!!!  We'll be in Mexico after all, right!?  Also, I think by nature, none of us could possibly be TOO BIG of control freaks... our we wouldn't be having a destination-style wedding in the first place!!

Originally Posted by BunnyBride View Post

sunset-that is great to know about the menu for the welcome dinner.  I have to make all my choices in the next few days, and I can't decide on a fixed menu for the welcome dinner.

We leave in 2 weeks, and I am beyond freaking out. I feel that it came too quickly and now I am scrambling around.  At least my oot bags are almost done-just have to buy the actual bags(thinking of just doing a basic white paper gift bag-easy and inexpensive)  and the pashminas.  I am having trouble deciding which colors! My colors are fuschia and orange, but I don't know if I should have black, cream and fuschia. I don't know. Wanted to get gatorade podwer packets, but Im not sure if they will be allowed in customs. We have several days before our guests arrive, so I might contact the concerige and ask them if I can go shopping in cancun to buy it.  I am also thinking of buying my maracas down there. 

Bunny - Don't freak out, you will get it all figured out! I am not there yet, but I'm sure I will feel the same way the 2 weeks leading up to my wedding. But just think of it this way...All of the planning you have been doing is about to pay off cheer2.gif. I think the plain white paper bags will work just fine, that is what I am doing for my girls' gifts. I got lucky and found my OOT bags at Old Navy for $.99 each, and I think they are still selling them if you want to check those out. Also, I have seen other girls post about some bags that are at Dollar Tree too. But overall, the paper bags will probably be cheaper and will probably take up less room in your luggage :)

I want to do pashminas too but I can't decide if I've already spent too much LOL - I just keep buying more and more stuff to go in these bags! I think black and cream would be really versatile and go with most anything. If I get any I think I am going to buy the cream ones...I have "turqoised out" pretty much everything LOL so I figured I would just get something more plain. I think the fuscia and orange would be really pretty though...I know I am no help...I am one of the most indecisive people EVER!

We already got our gatorade packets and I'm crossing my fingers that these make it through customs. Maybe I will try to hide them in the travel mugs...haha! I am wishing now that I wouldn't have bought maracas and just waited and got them down there. The ones I got are sooooooo small, I had no idea they were mini. I bet you could find some really cool ones down there! Seriously though, if you have a few days before your guests get there, I would say go ahead into town and try to get all the last minute stuff. Don't stress about it now, it will all work out!!

Not sure about the welcome dinner and set menus...last I heard we had to have it, but that was a while ago. I'm right there with you about them being able to choose what they want. We decided to not have a welcome dinner, but welcome cocktails instead! This way everyone can decide to eat whatever and where ever they want and meet up for drinks at 9. We're kind of doing the same thing for the rehearsal night. Since our rehearsal isn't until 7, they are reserving tables at the Mexican Fiesta Night for our group(starts at 6:30). We're telling everyone there are tables reserved but they are free to dine where they'd like...just meet us there by 8 for drinks or dinner if they decide on that. I really love that Excellence is able to work with all of us to customize our time there!