Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

Welcome!! I am getting married at ERC on 6/26...June will be here before we know it!

I am doing teal and green for my colors, what about you?

Here is what I am putting in my bags:

Mini aloe
Insulated cups for bar
Sunglasses
Gatorade Packets
Advil
Tums
Pepto Bismol
Imodium
Bug Spray
Hand Sanitizer
Hand/Face Wipes
Deck of cards
Water gun
First Aid Kit
Neosporin
Granola Bar
Gum
Underwater Cameras
Lip Balm
Key Card/Tip Money Holder
After Sun Lotion
Candle
Matchbook
Lint Roller

I am also going to put a welcome letter in there and I'm sure I'll find more odds and ends to throw in cheesy.gif buying stuff for these bags is really addicting!

• Like 1

Originally Posted by stella331 View Post

Sunset love let me know how the samples are...I'm going to be ordering from there as soon as I decide between organza or satin!

Ok ladies, my samples came yesterday! I love them! The pic below isn't the greatest but just so you get an idea:

2012-03-22 18 07 46.jpg

The left is sage green, middle is turquoise, and right is apple green. I think I'm going with the turquoise and apple green!

Congrats on upgrading! :) For a welcome cocktail/appetizer party I just today secured the X-Lounge! It is outside and looks soooo cool with all of the white lounge furniture.  For the wedding, we are getting married on the beach, having the cocktial party on the pier and the reception at the Lobster house. What do you think you are going to do?

Ooo your plan sounds great! We already have our welcome dinner reserved at Toscana...but we are undecided about cocktail hour and reception/dinner. We are loving the beach set-up by the pier and I think we will do our dinner there. We were thinking it would be neat to do cocktail hour there too but now I'm liking your pier idea!

Hello, ladies!

We are having our reception at the Lobster House and we are still unsure on cocktail hour.  Are your welcome dinners private or semi-private?  We are still trying to decide what we should do for that.

Also, have your all figured out who your photographer will be?  I still haven't decided on that yet. 

SunsetLove, I saw that you upgraded your package, how many people do you think you will have?

Hey Tiners!

Our welcome dinner will not be private. I just had Gloria make a reservation for us and everyone will be ordering from the menu. We just didn't want to pay the $22 a person for the welcome dinner...we sound like cheapos!

We are using http://www.photosincancun.com/photoblog/ for our photography. I have had nothing but great experiences with them, and their pricing is incredible!

Yeppers, we just upgraded! There are going to be 20 guests plus us two. We were going to stick with the free wedding but there were so many things we had to add on that we decided to just upgrade and get more bang for our buck! With the free wedding, we were going to have dinner at Agave (it is the only restaurant big enough to accommodate a semi-private party of 22 people!)...but some of our guests don't really care for Mexican food so now I'm ecstatic that we can pick a more "traditional" wedding menu. Plus I LOVE that we are now having a cocktail hour...I was really stressing about what our guests would do between the ceremony and dinner.

I just looked over photosincancun...they look great!!  I didn't see an email contact, how did you get in touch with them?

We are thinking about upgrading, too.  We just need to see how many people will end up being able to come.  November is still pretty far away...   Sunset, you have just three more months to go!!!

Are you planning on bringing any of your own decorations?  I think that sounds like a big pain, especially since I will be bringing OOT bags, but I don't want to end up paying a lot for decorations once I get there...

I really like the idea of not having to pay for a welcome dinner.  I think people will still be happy being able to sit together at a restaurant even if it is not private.  That's a good place to save some money. 

Are you guys doing a DJ or ipod or anything at your reception?

sunsetlove-Gloria can book the restarant for you?  I had asked her about a table for 24 people, and she didn't respond.  I will ask her again. I don't think you sound like cheapos AT ALL!!!! We will (hopefully, if Gloria can) be doing the same thing.

tiners17-my welcome cocktail and appetizer party will be privtae(at least I think so).  I have Ivan Luckie for photography and DJ Doreemixx.

is anybody having a videographer?  we are bouncing back and forth about it. It wasn't in the budget, but I read on here that some people decided at the last minute to get one and they were really happy they did.

Originally Posted by Tiners17 View Post

I just looked over photosincancun...they look great!!  I didn't see an email contact, how did you get in touch with them?

We are thinking about upgrading, too.  We just need to see how many people will end up being able to come.  November is still pretty far away...   Sunset, you have just three more months to go!!!

Are you planning on bringing any of your own decorations?  I think that sounds like a big pain, especially since I will be bringing OOT bags, but I don't want to end up paying a lot for decorations once I get there...

I really like the idea of not having to pay for a welcome dinner.  I think people will still be happy being able to sit together at a restaurant even if it is not private.  That's a good place to save some money. 

Are you guys doing a DJ or ipod or anything at your reception?

Tiners - try info@photosincancun.com, that is how I got a hold of them. I'm kind of in love with their pictures :) We are bringing down some decorations...uuugghhhh I think I'm going to have a ridiculous amount of suitcases! We are bringing chair sashes for the ceremony and reception dinner, and we are bringing raffia fans (for ceremony) and mini maracas as favors (for dinner reception). Our wedding party gifts and OOT bags are going to take up the most of our luggage LOL

We haven't decided on music yet for the dinner. I suggested to FI that we just make a fun playlist on our iPod but I think it's like $500 for 3 hours to use their iPod dock. We have one but it is not very good quality :( We probably won't be doing any dancing, so I don't want to spend $$$ for a DJ. We are already spending an arm and a leg on our AHR so I will save the dancing for then!

Originally Posted by BunnyBride View Post

sunsetlove-Gloria can book the restarant for you?  I had asked her about a table for 24 people, and she didn't respond.  I will ask her again. I don't think you sound like cheapos AT ALL!!!! We will (hopefully, if Gloria can) be doing the same thing.

tiners17-my welcome cocktail and appetizer party will be privtae(at least I think so).  I have Ivan Luckie for photography and DJ Doreemixx.

is anybody having a videographer?  we are bouncing back and forth about it. It wasn't in the budget, but I read on here that some people decided at the last minute to get one and they were really happy they did.

Bunny - Yep! Gloria made our reservation, you should try to email her again. She must be getting busy because she took like 2 days to get back to me the last time I emailed her.

I haven't fully decided on a videographer yet. It's really not in the budget but I think it would be really nice. So far, we are paying for everything on our own - but if our parents magically give us some money we might splurge a little :)