Jump to content

Photo

How much did you / are you paying for photograhy?


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

    Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hopels
    I don't know what Riu's policy on outside photographers is, but we had looked into Jamaican photographers before talking to Robin DePaula. Sungold Photography is out of Negril, and we really liked their work. They weren't available for our date, but they were about $1900 for all the whistles and bells. We are super psyched to be working with Robin - her deal worked perfectly within our budget, and she's such a sweetheart! We can't wait to meet her :)

    Thanks for the info! RIU seems to be a huge pain to get an outside photographer in, though a lot of the girls are doing it. Maybe I'll check out Sungold. Do they have a website?

    #22 robindepaula

    robindepaula
    • Banned
    • 514 posts

      Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lizz
      I am using the resort photographer. I debated whether or not to hire an outside one, but to be honest, photography isn't one of my main priorities (no disrespect to all of the photographers here!) (also...funny since this forum is so about pictures...lol!). I am guessing that it will cost anywhere from $1000-$2000 to use the contracted RIU photographer.
      1-2K on the hotel photographer is a lot.

      #23 Spazz

      Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

        Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by robindepaula
        1-2K on the hotel photographer is a lot.
        Robin, I got their price list, but have no idea how to decipher it. It's all different categories and pictures etc. etc. The basic charge is $150, then $90 per hour. I want to use them for 5 hours and then probably get a lot of pictures, a disc of the pics and a video. Hopefully, it's not too much more than $1000, but I budgeted that just in case.

        #24 RaydensMama

        RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

          Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

          Im paying $850 for 8hrs and a CD with all the images.

          #25 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by robindepaula
            1-2K on the hotel photographer is a lot.
            What is it about the hotel photographers that is not as good? Are they not as experienced or do they not put as much time & effort into each wedding? Or is it that you don't have a guarantee they will do good work. I don't know how to find out their names or look at portfolios. I am really torn about what I should do. I feel a great photographer is worth every penny, but I am also trying to be strong about sticking to the budget I set for myself. I have a lot of friends attending who take great amature pictures, including the guy who did our engagement pictures, so I feel like they will capture some good pictures. I know it won't compair to the work you guys do, though.

            #26 robindepaula

            robindepaula
            • Banned
            • 514 posts

              Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              What is it about the hotel photographers that is not as good? Are they not as experienced or do they not put as much time & effort into each wedding? Or is it that you don't have a guarantee they will do good work. I don't know how to find out their names or look at portfolios. I am really torn about what I should do. I feel a great photographer is worth every penny, but I am also trying to be strong about sticking to the budget I set for myself. I have a lot of friends attending who take great amature pictures, including the guy who did our engagement pictures, so I feel like they will capture some good pictures. I know it won't compair to the work you guys do, though.
              Not to say that their work is any less than ours . . . I just thought that was alot for a resort photographer.

              #27 Jenn

              Jenn
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,557 posts

                Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:22 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz
                Thanks for the info! RIU seems to be a huge pain to get an outside photographer in, though a lot of the girls are doing it. Maybe I'll check out Sungold. Do they have a website?
                The website is Paula & Damian - Wedding Photography by Sun Gold Photography . I'll email you their price list if you want. PM me your email. I think they have a travel fee for OR, but not sure what it is.

                I agree that Riu's price sounds high. We were quoted about $400 for our resort photographer for 5 hours and all images on CD, but we're at a small AI.

                #28 BrittneyD

                BrittneyD
                • Member
                • 679 posts

                  Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lizz
                  Robin, I got their price list, but have no idea how to decipher it. It's all different categories and pictures etc. etc. The basic charge is $150, then $90 per hour. I want to use them for 5 hours and then probably get a lot of pictures, a disc of the pics and a video. Hopefully, it's not too much more than $1000, but I budgeted that just in case.
                  Lizz..I don't know how many pictures you want I don't think he let's you purchase more than 200 pics. You'll have to check with him, as this is just how I interpreted his price list. That may just be for the CD of images.I think if you are paying for 5 hours of photography, you should make sure you can pruchase as much as you want. I could be wrong though.
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

                  http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

                  #29 Spazz

                  Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

                    Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BrittneyD
                    Lizz..I don't know how many pictures you want I don't think he let's you purchase more than 200 pics. You'll have to check with him, as this is just how I interpreted his price list. That may just be for the CD of images.I think if you are paying for 5 hours of photography, you should make sure you can pruchase as much as you want. I could be wrong though.
                    Thanks, Brittney! I have to look at that list again, it confused me when I first saw it a few months ago and haven't really looked at again.

                    #30 Christine

                    Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

                    Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:32 PM

                    for you Jamiaca girls, I contacted this guy about a TTD shoot and he was really nice and I thought reasonably priced. He's American but lives in Jamaica. I couldn't get the people from Sun Gold to e-mail me back so I was planning to go with this guy but hubby didn't want to do it.
                    Brian Design - Photography & Website Design by Brian Nejedly - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users