Photo

Cupcakes in Playa del Carmen or Cancun area, please!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 echo73

echo73
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi, I just need to know of a good bakery for regular chocolate/vanilla cupcakes in the Playa del Carmen area. I have looked through MANY posts and they are usually regarding a wedding cake. These are for my wedding, but they just need to be normal cupcakes. Maaaaaybe a cupcake cake where the top is a cake...but I am a fan of keeping it simple.

I've heard of Dolcet, Turtle Bay Bakery, and Pasteleria. Any thoughts on those based on cakes or cupcakes you've eaten? And I am referring to a non-fondant cake since cupcakes are similar to traditional cakes. Also, if you have any recommendations for other local bakeries, I would appreciate it.

#2 LeanneMarie

LeanneMarie
    • Vendor
    • 61 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Turtle bay bakery does indeed make some DELICIOUS cupcakes!!!!  And she can definitely do a small cake size for the top layer and then cupcakes for the bottom layers.

#3 StephyD

StephyD
      • 342 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Turtle Bay Bakery made my cake and I would not recommend them at all.  Althought the cake was delicious, the communication up until the wedding day was just horrible.  The cake did not look anything like the pictures I sent and anything like she had promised.

I've never heard of the other two bakeries you mention but I wouldn't go with Turtle Bay...

#4 echo73

echo73
        • 21 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Thanks LeanneMarie & StephyD for your responses!

I believe Pasteleria is a very local bakery. I don't' believe they even have a website.

I did get a response from muycup.com for mini cupcakes! They are 7 pesos for one with frosting (about 50 cents). I just need to see how small they are. I haven't received a response from either Dolcet or TurtleBay Bakery.

StephyD, I believe I saw the difference in what you wanted and the actual cake. =( I'm glad that it was delicious. I will definitely take your experience into consideration.

#5 LeanneMarie

LeanneMarie
          • Vendor
          • 61 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

I am also going to be working with another bakery this Saturday.  

This is their link and Hiram has been excellent as far as communication and I know their presentation is great.  He is going to do cake pops for me in January!!! :) I can't wait to see those.

http://www.gypasteleria.com/

#6 SparksFly

SparksFly
            • 219 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Which flavors are you ladies using? I would love to try baileys but, I don't want to chance it!

#7 echo73

echo73
              • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

I would have done chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet. I actually am just going to stick with our dessert cakes and a symbolic wedding cake after trying the delicious tres leches cake they served at the hotel. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users