Parent Gifts

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

I think that is nice! Stained glass with peacock feather colors would be beautiful!

Jac - I want to get them a photobook like Roe's. Remember that one from her wedding? I just emailed her about it...

#22 Cherielee

Cherielee
    • 160 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MsShelley
      I was thinking of getting this for me Dad

Click the image to open in full size.
      hi, i am wondering what website you go tthis site from? it is awsome!

#23 aeroo

aeroo
      • 153 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:24 AM

For the sets of parents, we will make photobooks (either from shutterfly or one of the other photo sites) with pictures of the wedding and of the trip. Plus this way, they can also show all the relatives who couldn't make it to the wedding.

#24 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
        • 933 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:35 AM

i want to get my parents a side-by-side massage on the beach. my mom loves to get massages but i am sorta worried about my dad's reaction. i hope that he loves it! we shall see....
          My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#25 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, my dad would prob be weirded out by a massage. But my mom would love it! That's an option that I am keeping open for my parents.

#26 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cherielee
              hi, i am wondering what website you go tthis site from? it is awsome!
              They have an ebay store. If you google Linen Classics, the link to ebay will pop up.

#27 Cherielee

Cherielee
              • 160 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

I think we have decided that we are getting our 3 sets of parents a limo ride down to the airport as a gift to them for helping us out with the wedding...so it will be those 6 and jay and I in the limo to the airport and home...not sure what else to ge tthem?

#28 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
                • 279 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

We bought both sets of parents digital photo frames from Amazon (ignore the price, we paid less).

Amazon.com: Philips 10.2-inch Digital Photo Frame with 9.4-Inch Viewable LCD Display (Metal): Camera & Photo

This way they can upload all the wedding pictures and have them scrolling in the background. We loved these frames, they're so different from the regular wood or glass frames. Our parents loved them too.
                  Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#29 lucy106

lucy106
                  • 2,880 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

So etiquette wise for this...my parents gave us a nice amount of money to help with the expense. Neither of his parents did or have (they are divorced). Both claim they are planning on it. But lets say they dont give us money like they say they will. Do we give his mom a gift (his dad isnt going cuz he claims he cant afford it even though he just bought a new ford mustand convertible and had custom paint job done to his motorcycle, etc but thats ane entirely different post). I plan on giving my folks something so does that mean I have give his mom and/or dad something too?

#30 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lucy106
                      So etiquette wise for this...my parents gave us a nice amount of money to help with the expense. Neither of his parents did or have (they are divorced). Both claim they are planning on it. But lets say they dont give us money like they say they will. Do we give his mom a gift (his dad isnt going cuz he claims he cant afford it even though he just bought a new ford mustand convertible and had custom paint job done to his motorcycle, etc but thats ane entirely different post). I plan on giving my folks something so does that mean I have give his mom and/or dad something too?
                      I dont think that you should get your FI dad anything, if he is not contributing or going to the wedding then there would be no need. (thats what fathers day is for) if your FI mother goes, but does not contribute I would present her with a small gift, something that just says we agnolige (SP?) your presence.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users