Sign in to follow this  
Jenn

Parent Gifts

i was thinking of getting them a digital pic frame with a variety of pictures from our trip. only thing that sucks about that is my parents are divorced so i would have to buy and upload to three seperate frames. boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
So etiquette wise for this...my parents gave us a nice amount of money to help with the expense. Neither of his parents did or have (they are divorced). Both claim they are planning on it. But lets say they dont give us money like they say they will. Do we give his mom a gift (his dad isnt going cuz he claims he cant afford it even though he just bought a new ford mustand convertible and had custom paint job done to his motorcycle, etc but thats ane entirely different post). I plan on giving my folks something so does that mean I have give his mom and/or dad something too? feedback.gif
this is a good point! my dad has been the same way, saying he will help us out but come on now we are 5 months out and i still have not seen a dime. he even talks to my mom saying he'll give me "x" amount next time he sees me and when i see him he doesn't even mention it!

then there is my mom who is as helpfull as can be. she put down the deposit for my dress and is willing to help pay for the wedding. i don't think that is very fair. so far we are doing pretty good and have enough saved up. but i guess the question is do i get my dad a gift? would i be a total jerk head if i didn't?

I got four silver luggage tags that i'm going to have engraved with our names and wedding date. My only concern is that I've gotten my bridesmaids quite a few gifts (their dresses, jewelry, a coach wristlet, and a tiffany luggage tag) and the groomsmen are all getting a pair of oakley sunglasses. So I feel like I'm being chinzy just getting our parents engraved luggage tags. On the other hand my parents are the kind of people who buy themselves what they want. And they are paying for the entire wedding so I'm sure they wouldn't want me to spend alot of money on them. But now I'm starting to feel cheap.frown.gif

I haven't quite set the date yet, but the date we are attempting to get married is two days before the date my parents got married 30 years prior. So I hope to plan a suprise renewal of their vows while we are at our destination wedding, hopefully on the day of their 30th anniversary. My parents have done so much for me my whole life, not to mention they are still happily married, so I think it deserves celebration.

I can't wait to see their faces :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRust View Post
I haven't quite set the date yet, but the date we are attempting to get married is two days before the date my parents got married 30 years prior. So I hope to plan a suprise renewal of their vows while we are at our destination wedding, hopefully on the day of their 30th anniversary. My parents have done so much for me my whole life, not to mention they are still happily married, so I think it deserves celebration.

I can't wait to see their faces :)
OMG that is too cute... you are genius for coming up with this one!!!! Your parents will be so surprised! That is an amazing present!

Kudos! cheer2.gif