Half up/Half down hairstyles...please help!

Hey all...

So I know that I want a hairstyle that is half up, half down, but I'm having the hardest time deciding what I want it to look like, especially from the front!  I have a hair trial booked 2 days prior to my wedding, but struggle with leaving it until the last minute and want to bring photos with me for the stylist.    

I'm presently torn between these two options, but would love some feedback or other photos for inspiration!  I'm planning on wearing a long veil with a pearl/crystal comb at the back of my head with no other hair ornaments/flowers.  

1. bridal hair.jpg I love this one because its all out of her face and with a whole lot of hair spray should hold up pretty well!  I also think it looks really elegant. 

2. hair_983_10_m.jpgI love this one too because it looks a lot softer and frames her face a bit more.  My worry is that the bangs might fall down into my face and I would hate to be swiping at them all day long.  

What do you think?  Which do you prefer?  If anyone else has any photos of similar styles, I'd love to see those too!

Thanks a bunch! :)

Hey...I don't know if these will help...just a couple I had in my "hair style" file.  Personally, I would go for soft and pretty at a beach wedding, especially if you've got the right hair for it (which I don't...so mine will be softly curled and up).  IMHO, the second photo you posted looks a bit too overdone...a bit big and "helmet-like" thru the crown...like there's one of those "bump-its" hiding inside.

z140499664.jpgimg-thing-1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the extra pics MJKH!  I like the second one a lot!

And too funny about the "bump it'!  I hadn't even thought about that, but now that's all i think of when I see that pic! LOL!  That's the last thing I want people to be thinking about at my wedding!  

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Hey...I don't know if these will help...just a couple I had in my "hair style" file.  Personally, I would go for soft and pretty at a beach wedding, especially if you've got the right hair for it (which I don't...so mine will be softly curled and up).  IMHO, the second photo you posted looks a bit too overdone...a bit big and "helmet-like" thru the crown...like there's one of those "bump-its" hiding inside.

I too want to do my hair half up and half down.  I have a trial the end of December with my hairstylist in Canada. I plan on taking lots of pictures and taking them with me.

I choose not to do the trial at the resort as when I asked they told me it may be a different person doing the trial to the one who actually does your wedding day hair.  And its cheaper!  Just something to think about.

Anyways, here are a few pictures I have found over the past few months:

This one is my favorite, althought I dont know what it looks like from the front.

love this hairstyle!

Love this hair!

curly-wedding-hairstyle6.jpg

Oooooo - I love your first post too!

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

I too want to do my hair half up and half down.  I have a trial the end of December with my hairstylist in Canada. I plan on taking lots of pictures and taking them with me.

I choose not to do the trial at the resort as when I asked they told me it may be a different person doing the trial to the one who actually does your wedding day hair.  And its cheaper!  Just something to think about.

This one is my favorite, althought I dont know what it looks like from the front.

love this hairstyle!

Love this hair!

curly-wedding-hairstyle6.jpg

Hey JayKay...

I'm surprised that the resort told you that!  I contacted them again today, and they have me confirmed with the same stylist for my trial and my wedding day!  I had thought of doing it at home, but figured it was easier for the stylist who had already done it to replicate it, rather than have the resort try to replicate it from pictures. You may want to try contacting the spa manager again?   

I love that first one too!  I have a really similar pic in my album! I'm more worried about the front, as there are a ton of pics from the back that I like!

I am going to contact them again.  I asked them twice and they said it wouldn't be the same stylist.  Maybe because of my wedding day and the hours and days worked of each stylist? Im not sure.  But im going to see what they can do for me. 

I'm also wondering what to do from the front.  I have bangs that I definately don't want to be having to pull out of my face all day long, yet I don't know if I want them pinned back. 

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Hey JayKay...

I'm surprised that the resort told you that!  I contacted them again today, and they have me confirmed with the same stylist for my trial and my wedding day!  I had thought of doing it at home, but figured it was easier for the stylist who had already done it to replicate it, rather than have the resort try to replicate it from pictures. You may want to try contacting the spa manager again?   

I love that first one too!  I have a really similar pic in my album! I'm more worried about the front, as there are a ton of pics from the back that I like!

Its worth a shot!  I previously had spoken with Shadine who was this assistant manger but this time I spoke with Irene who is the "Spa Manageress"!  Quite the title, but she was lovely!  I asked for a time on either of two days as long as it could be the same person.  Maybe that helped?

Exactly!  I keep hearing how windy it is and would hate to have pieces falling in my face all day!  I have long kinda side swept bangs so I think mine need to go back.  I'm not sure what to do about shorter bangs?  Maybe more of a side part like the second picture I posted (minus the bump it look!)  I'm hoping that with LOTS of that cement hairspray it will all just stay put!  

I am going to contact them again.  I asked them twice and they said it wouldn't be the same stylist.  Maybe because of my wedding day and the hours and days worked of each stylist? Im not sure.  But im going to see what they can do for me. 

I'm also wondering what to do from the front.  I have bangs that I definately don't want to be having to pull out of my face all day long, yet I don't know if I want them pinned back.