Newbie looking for a non resort venue!!!..

Yzzel

Hello everyone,

I got engaged couple of months ago but I haven't really been planning our wedding until now. It seems that time is flying and there is so much we need to do. I am Mexican and my fiancee is Canadian but we live in Madrid so, our guest will be coming from all over the world. I personally love that!!..So, from the beginning we knew we wanted to make it in Mexico and take advantage of the wonders of the Riviera Maya. We want to have at least 3 days with friends and family but not really compromising anyone to be longer and to spend lots to be with us. Therefore, we don't want to have the reception in a resort (to avoid having a minimum of rooms or pay fees for people coming to the hotel either on the wedding day or during our stay) and we want a beach-front private venue but not on the sand (we prefer proper floors for dancing and to have dinner).

Does anyone has some ideas?. We have thought about getting some rooms at CondoHotels or any other in PDC to have at least 3 days of beach and sun but also the nightlife and bars of the town. And, have the reception maybe at a beach club (in that case, at Akiin Tulum or some other private one). But also, I was wondering if there is a chance to rent one of the Haciendas for the reception only for one night. Does anyone know if it is possible? I'm open to new ideas and suggestions.

Anyways, its getting long!. Any idea will be welcome and appreciated.

Thanx!

Yzzel 

Welcome to BestDestinationWedding.com

Here are some links and tips that might make your time here on BDW more enjoyable.

If you have not done so, you may want to:

• complete your profile (upload a photo, add profile details, etc.)
  • visit the Newbies forum and introduce yourself
  • find the forum for your wedding destination and create a subscription to threads/members/vendors that you are interested in

Here are some links that may be helpful to you:

Here are some BDW members and staff you should follow:

Moderators and Community Leaders

If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email advertise@bestdestinationwedding.com.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

You might want to check out Al Cielo, which is a small hotel with a beachfront restaurant about 15 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen. We are doing a similar thing, staying in condos in Akumal but having the ceremony and reception at Al Cielo. There are a number of places you could check out in Tulum, like Akiin, Ana y Jose, La Zebra and El Pez.  I would just mention that Tulum is a bit of a haul from PDC if you do end up staying there. It takes about an hour to drive between the two.

Dear Zasil,

Thank you!. I actually looked into Canibal Royal and I will contact them to have an idea of prices. I like the fact that is a non resort venue, as you said I want to have the chance to have a more personalized wedding but Canibal Royal might not be my fav option just because I wanted something a little bit more rustic (kind of a Palapa style) and cozy. However, I keep options open and will have a look. Thank you for the suggestion!!

Originally Posted by Zasil View Post

Hello Yzzel,

To choose a non resort venue will give you the chance have a more personalized service.

We recommend Canibal Royal, which is a beach club far enough from crowds but close enough to get downtown in 5 minutes.

This is their site:

canibalroyal.com

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your planning!

ZASIL STUDIO

www.zasil-playa-weddings.com

Dear Akumal Bride,

I had no idea you could have the reception at Al Cielo unless you stayed in the Hotel. Are you doing that then?. Can you give me some info on prices and who to contact?. I like Al Cielo and heard good things about the place and restaurant. I've also been considering Akiin Beach Club, I'll contact them soon to find out prices. As you said, the only problem is the driving to Tulum but I guess we will end up hiring transportation for our guests (only concern is that guests with kids might find the trip a little bit long to handle and I hope it will be fine for them).

Originally Posted by Akumal Bride View Post

You might want to check out Al Cielo, which is a small hotel with a beachfront restaurant about 15 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen. We are doing a similar thing, staying in condos in Akumal but having the ceremony and reception at Al Cielo. There are a number of places you could check out in Tulum, like Akiin, Ana y Jose, La Zebra and El Pez.  I would just mention that Tulum is a bit of a haul from PDC if you do end up staying there. It takes about an hour to drive between the two.

Yep, you can rent the restaurant out without renting all the rooms. The catch is that you end up paying a higher site fee than you would if you take all the rooms up. (there's really only four or six rooms) The cost of the site fee depends on how many people you have coming, but you can contact the owner, Andres, at alcielohotel@prodigy.net.mex and get better info. The web site can be a little confusing. I have no idea how much weddings at the AIs run so I don't have anything to compare it to. I don't think Al Cielo is on the the cheapest end of things (most of their menu options are $70 a person), but the place is stunning and I've heard the food is excellent. I'll be down there next week to taste it myself but I have no worries on that front. 

Dear Akumal Bride,

I had no idea you could have the reception at Al Cielo unless you stayed in the Hotel. Are you doing that then?. Can you give me some info on prices and who to contact?. I like Al Cielo and heard good things about the place and restaurant. I've also been considering Akiin Beach Club, I'll contact them soon to find out prices. As you said, the only problem is the driving to Tulum but I guess we will end up hiring transportation for our guests (only concern is that guests with kids might find the trip a little bit long to handle and I hope it will be fine for them).

Pierre,

Thank you for the tip about Blue Venado. I actually love the place and already contact them. Do you happen to have some pics of the place as a wedding venue?..

Originally Posted by Pierre Violle View Post

Bienvenida and congratulations!  Along a similar feel of Canibal is also Blue Venado, a beach club in Playa del Carmen (www.bluevenado.com).