Tip for better photography at your wedding = do the unexpected

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

We are always asked, what can we do to have better wedding photos, can we pose better, can we do this or that, etc...  Our response is simply to ENJOY yourself, love your loved ones and be spontaneous

Everybody seems to be programmed at weddings to stand there, all formal, guys with hands straight down by their sides, or coupled together in front of them, mostly looking RIGID and really uncomfortable.   We find that if people just simply enjoy what they are doing (just forget about rules or what society has programmed you to do) and live a little.

Please understand, I'm not asking people to jump off a bridge for attention, but in some cases, jumping may apply.    Sol had NO IDEA that this guy was going to jump, and neither did anyone else.   Looking back at this, Soleil and Nathan are probably now thinking that this moment will live a long long long time in their memory.  I mean, is there a way to celebrate JOY or PURE happiness?  I don't think so. 

I officially give this guy PROPS for jumping, taking a risk and simply celebrating the love of his best friends with a LEAP OF FAITH. 

Ceiba_Del_Mar_del_sol_photography_0355.jpg

So here is to having FUN and letting go of society's rules and regulations and just enjoying yourself at weddings!

PS.  I'm going to make a prediction here... Sol Tamargo is likely going to win many international awards for this photojournalism GEM....simply put, its amazing.   All photographers (including myself) daydream about moments like this presenting themselves.... being at the right place at the right time gets the job done. 

Here is our 2nd shooter's perspective of the event... Not only is Sol shooting with the camera at full reach extension above her head, she is NAILING the focus and timing of the jump... wow.

Ceiba_Del_Mar_del_sol_photography_0112.jpg

And what I love is that this was a real moment, bride and groom kissing and their kiss was not going to slow them down... here is their kiss...

Ceiba_del_mar_del_sol_photography_0359.jpg

Ceiba_del_Mar_del_Sol_Photography_0364.jpg

I officially give this guy HUGE props for taking a risk.  He may have stole the spotlight in some eyes, but in my book he displayed true love and everlasting happiness for taking his plunge... what a dedication amigo!  

We posted this on facebook and have a huge list of some of the worlds most amazing photographers commenting on this, you can see our post here... please give us your feedback :)  http://www.facebook....71904945&type=1

If your interested on reading the story of their magical day, Sol has blogged the event here: http://bit.ly/rqlSya

Any comments or suggestions or ideas?

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Those are amazing photos!! 

#3 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Those are amazing photos!! 

Thank you :)  I love it that sometimes people take risks and fun things do happen :)  Saludos!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

I love that action shot, it's so fun!  And I agree with you that spontaneous is so much better then posed.  I'm not a fan of myself in pictures, but when someone catches me randomly, those shots are always so much more relaxed and photogenic.

#5 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by carly 

I love that action shot, it's so fun!  And I agree with you that spontaneous is so much better then posed.  I'm not a fan of myself in pictures, but when someone catches me randomly, those shots are always so much more relaxed and photogenic.

Hola Carly,  We totally love chasing the candid moment and I feel the same way about photos that are taken of ME.  Whenever I'm camera aware it always feels fake or totally staged and when I try to pose... total fail.  Being that we are always going to functions and people shoot a lot of photos of us, this is always a big one for me...

Usually, when I'm lost in the happiness of my moment, I feel like I photograph well.  Keeping this in mind, we try to shoot our clients as if we were in their shoes... if we think they feel awkward then we sense it in a big time way and change things up.

I think the absolute best advice is to couples is to remember WHO your their with and that every second of celebration should spent with them, total excitement and sharing of this moment together will yield a killer candid photo... try your best to forget about the camera and just enjoy your partner.  Thats our "secret recipe for success."

cheers to the candid moment :)

#6 Jber713

Jber713
          • 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:41 AM

Love it!!!

Jen

#7 SS2012

SS2012
            • 180 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

great photo! i killed myself laughing at this one lol 

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

that's awesome!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
              • 718 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

It's more fun if all the grooms men and the BMs jump off the bridge.. LOL.

Love your photos!

#10 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
                • 261 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Those are some awesome shot! LOVE IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users