Sign in to follow this  
AlyMay

Any Mahekal brides?

Hi ladies! I'm relatively new to this site - I've been engaged and "lurking" for about two months, but we finally confirmed our date/location last week! We're getting married at Mahekal Beach Resort on 4/21/12. I know it's a small resort, so there's probably not many other Mahekal brides out there, but if there is I'd love to share ideas and planning tips. Thanks! ~Alyssa 

Hi,

In my opinion you choose the right hotel. I shoot a lot of wedding in very different kind of resorts. Mahekal itâ€s a lovely small front beach hotel in the heart of Playa del Carmen:  Thatâ€s because you will get a human size and personalized wedding comparing to what you can get in big factory resorts with over 10 wedding a day!

I covered Jana and Jorgeâ€s wedding at Mahekal beach hotel. I hope that will helps you to plan your wedding there.

To give you just an idea, see below some pics of their wedding:

wedding ceremony at Mahekal Beach hotel - Playa del Carmen

I am planning on going with Mahekal as well!!  Lets keep in touch!  I'm not planning my wedding til 2013, but we can definitely help each other along the way!

Yay! Hopefully I'll have lots of good advice for you. One thing I've learned so far is that the wedding coordinator at Mahekal takes about a week (or more!) to respond to my emails. It can be frustrating because I'm super impatient, but I realize that's sometimes how things are down there. It's like "island time." :)

Hello!  Just joined!  I am also looking to have my April or May 2013 wedding at Mahekal Beach resort.  How did your's turn out? 

Thanks!

Hi!  Just joined!  I am also looking to have my April or May 2013 wedding at Mahekal Beach resort.  Would love any feedback!

Thanks!