Photo

PLEASE HELP: What do you think a Canadian is?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hi Ladies, 

For a project I am working on I am supposed to post online asking people from around the globe what they think a Canadian is.  I would really appreciate your feedback about Canadians, good, bad and ugly! If you don't mind posting your country and/or city that would be amazing! 

Thank you all in advance, I am so counting on my wonderful BDW community to help with this!!!!

#2 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Canadians pride themselves on their sense of multiculturalism. Ethnic groups are encouraged to maintain their identity and to practice their customs within a Canadian context. They also pride themselves in being seen as separate individuals, rather than as representative of a family or community. Each person is seen as responsible for his or her own behavior.

And well of course there's always the EH! and TIMMY'S...hopes this helped u hun

Leigh

London Ontario

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#3 Janet1480

Janet1480
      • 709 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

Tori, can you elaborate?

Your question is a little vague. You can get an answer like "A Canadian is a person living in the Country of Canada" or you can get answers like "Canadians live in igloos and take their dog sleds to work" hahahah <----- That is my personal favorite which I actually had someone say to me once. Or you can get answers like Leigh gave above. Are you just generally looking for blanket statements about who Canadians are and are perceived to be?

Sorry for the question but I hate to answer these things not knowing what direction you are trying to go in. Especially living in Canada and how diverse each city in Canada can be.

:)

Janet

Ottawa, Ontario

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#4 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

leave it to you to aks a question about a question Janet your funny hun!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

Tori, can you elaborate?

Your question is a little vague. You can get an answer like "A Canadian is a person living in the Country of Canada" or you can get answers like "Canadians live in igloos and take their dog sleds to work" hahahah <----- That is my personal favorite which I actually had someone say to me once. Or you can get answers like Leigh gave above. Are you just generally looking for blanket statements about who Canadians are and are perceived to be?

Sorry for the question but I hate to answer these things not knowing what direction you are trying to go in. Especially living in Canada and how diverse each city in Canada can be.

:)

Janet

Ottawa, Ontario

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#5 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

I love all my neighbors to the north. One of my best friends lives outside of Toronto. I've only been able to visit once, but it was amazing. Pretty country (we rented a cottage on the lake for the week), nice people too. More expensive than the US, and very different politics. And freakin cold in the winter! 

I love my friend who finishes many sentences with "eh", and whom we tease about always eating poutine. And then there are the mounties. On mercy - the mountie uniforms rank up there with the marines on the "sexy scale". :)

how's that? 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#6 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Thanks Allie, that was so sweet of you!!! I needed an "american" perspective!!!!! This project has wrapped up now but I may just share your feedback because of your honesty! Thanks :)

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I love all my neighbors to the north. One of my best friends lives outside of Toronto. I've only been able to visit once, but it was amazing. Pretty country (we rented a cottage on the lake for the week), nice people too. More expensive than the US, and very different politics. And freakin cold in the winter! 

I love my friend who finishes many sentences with "eh", and whom we tease about always eating poutine. And then there are the mounties. On mercy - the mountie uniforms rank up there with the marines on the "sexy scale". :)

how's that? 

#7 ylan9383

ylan9383
            • 188 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
            • LocationChicago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

lol.  anyone that's from north of the boarder~ I love my canadian neighbors!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users