Sign in to follow this  
jdubcincy

RPTB -- Need some wedding advice!

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married in June 2012 and am planning to have my wedding at the RPTB.  We chose Negril over Montego Bay because of the beautiful beaches and can't wait for our wedding!

I'm having a VERY hard time getting everything booked through RPTB.  The WC is very nice and cordial, but very slow. 

My biggest concern is around the reception.  It's very important for us to have a private reception, but the prices are very expensive ($100pp for food/drink, plus cost of setting up tent, chairs, band, etc on the beach).

What experiences have you had with private receptions at RPTB?  Were they willing to negotiate with you on price?

I'm getting nervous that if they are this slow at responding, they won't have their act together on our big day -- is this the case or do I just need to relax and get used to the laid back Jamaican lifestyle???

I'm starting to think I need to explore other options; my next choice would be Iberostar Montego Bay...I've never been to Jamaica so I'm going solely off other people's advice...

Thanks so much in advance for any advice you can offer!!

Hi!  I understand your dilemma.  Iâ€ve never been to the Riu in Negril (I assume thatâ€s what youâ€re referring to), but I have visited a few other Riu resorts and the Iberostar is by far better.  Iâ€ve been to Jamaica a couple of times and I have friends from the island.  I looked at many hotels (on multiple islands).  If you want an all-inclusive resort, then I think Iberostar is the way to go (just my opinion). 

Iâ€m getting married in June at the Iberostar Grand, but I also considered the Iberostar Suites, so Iâ€ve been in contact with both wedding coordinators.  The Suites may be more affordable.  You pay $18pp over the first 8 people.  And then a private reception is a flat fee of around $875 (you need a minimum of 30 people, and I think itâ€s only up to 80 people).  At the Grand you pay $20pp over the first 10 people, but a private reception varies based on the number of people.  30-50 people is $1750.  51-75 is $2600.  76-99 is $3500.  100-150 people is $5250.  The Grand does have a “free package†which is very basic and only includes the marriage services, ceremony setup and arch, cake, champagne toast, bouquet, and boutonniere, and the reception dinner for up to 10 people (no other decorations). 

Both wedding coordinators are slow, but responsive.  They always get back to me within a day or two. 

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics