Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hansen6

Is July too HOT and should we change our date?

Recommended Posts

We just returned from our trip to Cancun for my friends wedding and to tour Cancun Palace for our wedding on July 20th.  It was AMAZING!  BUT every time we told a local our date they gave us 'that look' and said it is VERY HOT in July.  Now we are worried and are wondering if we should change our date but the only other time we could do it would be the 1st week of June.  PLEASE let me know any and all thoughts/opinions!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It says weather is well over 90F in July, in my opinion it is really HOT! Maybe you can do your wedding in the evening, and temperature can drop a bit, also remember that wedding dresses are quite warm..

Originally Posted by hansen6 View Post

We just returned from our trip to Cancun for my friends wedding and to tour Cancun Palace for our wedding on July 20th.  It was AMAZING!  BUT every time we told a local our date they gave us 'that look' and said it is VERY HOT in July.  Now we are worried and are wondering if we should change our date but the only other time we could do it would be the 1st week of June.  PLEASE let me know any and all thoughts/opinions!!!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Our wedding is scheduled for 6pm so it isn't necessarily the wedding ceremony itself that I am worried about.  I want people who go to enjoy themselves and not be stuck inside during their vacation because its too hot.  We are from Nebraska tho where is gets to over 100 degrees with very high humidity so maybe it won't make much difference....?

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post


It says weather is well over 90F in July, in my opinion it is really HOT! Maybe you can do your wedding in the evening, and temperature can drop a bit, also remember that wedding dresses are quite warm..



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I replied and it didn't go through so if it comes through twice, sorry! :)  Our ceremony is scheduled for 6pm so I am not all that worried about the ceremony itself but am more concerned about our guests enjoying themselves or if it will be too hot.  We live in Nebraska where it gets over 100 degrees and high humidity so maybe it will be a non issue.  Just wondering if past summer brides had any issues with guests and heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask a few people who you intend to invite and see what they have to say about it. But what your friends and family usually do during those time when you have 100 degrees and humidity? Hide in air conditioned offices and houses? Or enjoy outdoors? Personally, I would not get outside until it get to 85 haha :D 

I hope it helps!
 

Originally Posted by hansen6 View Post

I replied and it didn't go through so if it comes through twice, sorry! :)  Our ceremony is scheduled for 6pm so I am not all that worried about the ceremony itself but am more concerned about our guests enjoying themselves or if it will be too hot.  We live in Nebraska where it gets over 100 degrees and high humidity so maybe it will be a non issue.  Just wondering if past summer brides had any issues with guests and heat.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite months to go down are at the beginning and end of winter. For me the summer is too hot and I prefer to enjoy it back home. But like you said you and your guests should be used to that kind of temperature in Nebraska, I don't think it will be much different than that. I find it those temperatures bearable as long as I'm close to some kind of body of water and am able to take a dip to cool down whenever needed. For that, resorts are perfect. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that asking some of the people you are closest to what they think about the date is a good starting place.  Airfares (and sometimes hotel rates) are cheaper in July but it is hot and July does start the hurricane season.  We went down last time at the end of June.  We're from Buffalo and it was HOT for us but we got used to it very quickly.  If you're at a resort on the water the breeze is wonderful and most of the time we didn't feel uncomfortable.  We even went to Chichen Itza and other ruins further from the coastline and were fine.  We have a very small group coming to our wedding and with school and sports schedules we had to choose the end of June.  I recommended that the guys don't choose afternoon tee times but other than that I think our group will be fine.  You need to decide how your group will be though.

 

~Dori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×