Need help finding matching jewelry to my headband - any ideas? (Pic of Dress included)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 thottes

• 19 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Here is the tropical flower that is part of my headband - I'd love to find jewelry to match. Any suggestions/ideas?

Here is a pic of my dress:

Mori Lee 1614.jpg

#2 chrisdior

• 286 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

wow that headband is gorgeous!! I will post if i find anything, you may just want to go with a tennis bracelet. Less is better esp with this dress and headpiece. You don't want to  take away from the dress.

#3 anudrm

• 760 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Because your headband is such a statement piece alone, I would (IMO) tone down your jewelry, yet tie them together.  If you could find a single strand chain with a flower charm that would be great - or even a floating flower would be perfect, the same for a bracelet.  As for earrings - are you wearing your hair in an updo with the headband?

#4 bondgirl0072010

• 789 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi thottes! 

Your headband is gorgeous! I agree with chrisdior and anudrm with the idea of the headband being a statement piece so not going overboard on jewelry. I am a custom jewelry designer and would be happy to work with you on creating the perfect pieces. My ideas to begin with would be some simple (maybe pearl and rhinestone crystal) earrings, a bare neck since the focus will definitely be on your face/headband until further down the dress.

#5 thottes

• 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

My hair is short just above my shoulders so I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I'm letting it grow out for now and I'll see how it is when it gets closer to the wedding.

#6 heavenone

• 169 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Wow that headband is amazing! I agree with everyone else, you don't need much else as that really should be your statement piece.

#7 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

That is the greatest head piece I have ever seen!!  I agree with the other ladies, tone down the jewelery so that piece can stand out!!

#8 thottes

• 19 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thank you ladies for all the compliments on the head piece. I bought my bracelet - I will get pics posted soon.

#9 kristen6212

• 184 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

I agree with the other ladies that the jewelry should be very simple.  Even just a bracelet would look great.  Beautiful headpiece!

#10 Allie2012

• 194 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Thottes - where did you get your headpiece if you don't mind me asking, I LOVE it!!! And I have a Mori Lee dress too! And I agree with the ladies that you should go with a simpler bracelet and/or earrings :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users