Photo

2012 Riu Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 vkmiller

vkmiller
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

I am getting close to being 2 months from wedding date so really excited to get info soon!  The WC sent me the florist information but nothing else.  Dying to see everything else to start planning!!!  

#42 kary

kary
    • 186 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hey VK Miller!  I see you are from MI, I am from St. Clair Shores!!

I leave for my wedding in 15 days...the wedding is in 19!  It is annoying not being able to plan ahead of time, but honestly I have changed my mind so many times on all of the details that I understand why they make you wait for the 2 month mark! 

I saw a few of you asking questions about the photographer and such- I decided to hire Marcel Kaiser of Glez Photography and he seems great.  He is a local Cabo photographer, and he is excellent on getting back to me when I have questions or concerns.  He ends up being about the same price as the RIU photographers after you factor in the $300.00 vender fee. 

Although I am busy planning the wedding, I will try to get back to you quickly if you guys have questions that I can answer...I've been planning this wedding since Jan of 2011, so I know how it feels not to have the details in place!

Happy Planning Everyone!

#43 mrscantatore

mrscantatore
      • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

VK Miller--

Are you having a TTD session also?  How many hours are you using Dino for?  I love his work, btw!

AND WOW to kary--

Its coming close!! be sure to share your experiences with us!! were having similar ceremonies/receptions so id love to hear some feedback!

#44 vkmiller

vkmiller
        • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Kary,

Isn't it strange that people who live so close end up in the same place in Mexico to be married??  Funny!  How exciting that your day is coming!  I can't wait!!!  You will totally have to give us all the scoop when you get back!  Yay!

And...

I am doing a TTD session too!  We have a very small wedding - just us and a few couple friends!  We are using Dino for 4 hours that day (silly for any more w/our group!) and then the TTD is a few days later.  He will pick us up and drive us around to fun locations then to a secluded beach location.  He didn't specify how long the TTD would be but the cost is $900.  It sounds like fun!  

#45 vkmiller

vkmiller
          • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hey Kary,

Are you having anyone do your hair/makeup?  I contacted Suzanne Morel and I am supposed to have a phone conversation with her in the next couple of days but curious what others are doing!  

Valerie

#46 mrscantatore

mrscantatore
            • 43 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I am really excited about the trash the dress session also...seems like fun :)  I am actually doing mine a few days before the wedding---we leave the monday after our ceremony, so we wanted to be able to fit it in. I will obviously be using another dress (LOL--IMAGINE!?!?)  I'll most likely buy something off the rack, just to have for the session.

He is doing the same for us. Its a HUGE relief that he will be taking us to our destination...especially that im sure he knows Cabo more than we do!

haha

#47 vkmiller

vkmiller
              • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

I have to say that having Dino drive us around sounded great to me too!  We will probably end up in some cool places!  Smart idea to trash a different dress!  And, you could use your trial run w/hair/makeup to look good for the TTD!  

Valerie

#48 Molly and Jeff

Molly and Jeff
                • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Congrats!  we are booked at the Palace on oct 19 :-)  I have the price list of the coordinator for all the restaurants, extras, etc...if you want me to email them to you?  Are you working with Kylene??

#49 Molly and Jeff

Molly and Jeff
                  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Congrats!  we are booked at the Palace on oct 19 :-)  I have the price list of the coordinator for all the restaurants, extras, etc...if you want me to email them to you?  Are you working with Kylene??

#50 Molly and Jeff

Molly and Jeff
                    • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yay congrats!  We are getting married at the Palace on Oct 19, 2012...we'll see you there :-)  Good luck with the planning! so stressful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users