I had never even heard of boarding pass invitations before I joined this forum, so when I first saw them on here, I went through pretty much every boarding pass thread I could find. Thank you to so many ladies whose templates and pictures helped me SO much: Aylee, Becks, Island Princess, Jennie0521, BeckyN, Shoesiesluvr and many more. I also saw jmb0902â€s circular return address labels, and I knew I wanted to incorporate them: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/39572/diy-return-address-labels-pics.

I'm not sure if I started with Aylee's template, but I'm sure whichever one I used came from her originally.

I designed the boarding passes and address labels in Word, and the monogram, return address label and ticket jacket in PowerPoint. I love the end result!

We had to make about 100 invitations, so the assembly was quite a project. Together, my FI and I did all the scoring, folding, gluing, cutting, corner punching, stuffing, belly banding and sealing. It was quite a task.

Tools:

• Straight cutters – Fiskars and X-acto (I prefer the Fiskars), Michaels
  • Corner punch – Fiskars, Michaels
  • Bone folder and scoring board – Martha Stewart, www.Save-on-crafts.com
  • Adhesive for bottom seam of the ticket jackets and belly bands: Elmerâ€s Craft Bond dual tip pen, Michaels (this stuff is cheap and awesome but a bit messy)

Materials:

• Boarding passes and monograms on belly bands: Snow White 110lb cardstock, www.cardsandpockets.com, $32/200 sheets
  • Ticket jackets: Tabriz blue 110lb cardstock, www.cardsandpockets.com, $19/100 sheets
  • Black cardstock for belly bands: 65lb, Michaels, $1.50/25 sheets
  • Blue belly band ribbon: 1.5†wide, Michaels, $4/roll. We used approximately 6 rolls.
  • Envelopes: Nero (black) No. 10 envelopes, www.envelopperinc.com, $23.80/100 (nice heavy quality)
  • Wraparound labels: full page labels, Staples, $6/25 sheets

Total cost (not including tools which I had or were Christmas presents): $106

Approximate cost per invitation: $ 1.06

Belly Band measurements:

Ribbon: 8†x 1.5â€

Black cardstock: 8.5†x 1.75â€

Belly band monogram measurements:

Black backing square: 2†x 2â€

Monogram square: 1.75†x 1.75â€

If you want to use the template, the downloaded fonts I used were Old Script and Wmtrees1 from www.dafont.com. Without these, these templates might look wonky.

I'll post pics in the next post...

boarding pass invite final p1.doc

boarding pass invite final p2.doc

Ticket Jacket final.ppt

wraparound address labels.docx

• Like 1

I love it!  You have doen a terrific job, especially like the wrap around addresses.  Can you tell me how you got the text like that I have been trying forever and can't get it!

Good job! Love that shade of blue. The "ribbon" (?) that you had around the boarding passes folder is a very nice touch! Thanks for sharing all the details!

Yay Erica!!! They came out AWESOME! I am so glad we solved your printing problem.......Great job!!!

P.S. - Still in awe at how you got FI to chip in, LOL

Good job! Love that shade of blue. The "ribbon" (?) that you had around the boarding passes folder is a very nice touch! Thanks for sharing all the details!

Thanks! It is indeed just satin 1.5" ribbon. I thought it added a little something while still keeping a simple look.

Acieta, thanks so much for sharing. I'm getting super excited about starting to do our invites. I think this may be a bridesmaids' "get together" task rather than FI because I got frustrated when he put the labels and postage for the STDs slanted.. lol. Love learning more and more about things we do well and not so much.:-)