Jump to content

Photo

NEED OPINIONS! Help with accessories, veil, shoes, etc.


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
  • Newbie
  • 144 posts

    Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

    So to make a long story short my first wedding was ruined so I'm doing a vow renewal on my 3-year anniversary and getting the wedding and photos I always wanted.  I decided to go with red for my dress because I wanted a color the first time but my mother was appalled by that.  My husband is wearing a kilt and we're doing a handfasting ceremony in Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas.

     

    This is where I need opinions:

    Here is my dress:004.JPG

    It has a longer than needed train so I'll either bustle from the beginning or have it shortened.

     

    I know I want my hair like this (I'll have extensions or clip in bc it's still too short):hsair2.jpgOr some variation or a more casual style because I'm just not fussy.

     

    I'm doing a brooch bouquet with vintage and new rhinestone and silver brooches like this:you-your-wedding-magazine-bouquet-011.jpg

     

    Here's where I'm stumped:

    Which kilt to go with the dress:

    macfarlanehunting.jpgORmacfarlane.jpgHe'll probably be doing a black shirt (or whatever color scheme I go with).

     

    COLORS:   I'm thinking peacock feathers might be a good accent and a good way to blend the colors OR just using a black and white them as accents OR a tan/beige/gold accent theme.

     

    VEIL:  short birdcage with accents OR long white cathedral veil longer than the dress

     

    FLOWERS:  Should I do feathers accents in the brooch bouquet OR ribbon accents

     

    JEWELRY:  subtle so the dress stands out OR chunky matching necklace to theme or accessories.

     

    Any opinions or ideas would be great!! HELP!!


    'Gra geal mo chroi'

    #2 misskim_red@msn.com

    misskim_red@msn.com
    • Newbie
    • 144 posts

      Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

      Here is a link to some of my inspirations on The Knot board:

      http://www.theknot.c...y/Details/76841


      'Gra geal mo chroi'

      #3 acireta

      acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

        Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:33 AM



        Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com 

         

        COLORS:   I'm thinking peacock feathers might be a good accent and a good way to blend the colors OR just using a black and white them as accents OR a tan/beige/gold accent theme.

         

        VEIL:  short birdcage with accents OR long white cathedral veil longer than the dress

         

        FLOWERS:  Should I do feathers accents in the brooch bouquet OR ribbon accents

         

        JEWELRY:  subtle so the dress stands out OR chunky matching necklace to theme or accessories.

         

        Any opinions or ideas would be great!! HELP!

         

        Your gallery is private, so I can't see your pictures, but here is my 2 cents...

         

        I love peacock feathers, and they could look really great with your color scheme. I think a birdcage veil (maybe with tartan/red/peacock accents would look awesome with such a statement dress.

         

        I'd probably do feathers in the bouquet to tie them in, and subtle jewelry because the dress is so strong.

         

        These are just my opinions though - follow your gut and wear what you absolutely love! Your dress is so gorgeous!!


        Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

        Planning Thread

        Wedding & AHR Pics


        #4 boscobel

        boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

          Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

          I have to admit that I'm intrigued by what ruined your first wedding, but I'll stick to the subject...

           

          Love the dress

           

          Love the hair

           

          Love the brooch bouquet, but I think the idea of adding feathers to tie them in would be nice

           

          I think the green kilt would be better with your dress, even though I want to chose the red b/c I like it better

           

          Personally, I prefer the tan/gold accent b/c the red and green are so vibrant and when you add in the peacock feathers blue and purple, I think it could be a bit much.  You can get ostrich feathers, at least I think that's what they are, that are white.

           

          Love the idea of a birdcage veil!

           

          I think adding feathers to the veil (whatever color you choose) is a good way to tie everything in

           

          Jewelry - this one I'm undecided on.  I tend to be a less is more girl about jewelry, but I like the way heavy jewelry looks on others and I think that dress could pull it off.  But I can't say for sure what I think about this yet without seeing what you are thinking and what the rest of your decisions are.

           

           



          #5 kat2012

          kat2012
          • Member
          • 602 posts

            Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

            I would go with red kilt, because you might look like  Xmas in red and green colours! Just something to think of, what about his clan/last name colours? 



            #6 misskim_red@msn.com

            misskim_red@msn.com
            • Newbie
            • 144 posts

              Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:05 PM



              Originally Posted by kat2012 

              I would go with red kilt, because you might look like  Xmas in red and green colours! Just something to think of, what about his clan/last name colours? 


              Thanks.  They are both his Tartans.  One is the MacFarlane and the other is the MacFarland Hunting.  I'm not too worried about looking like Christmas since the Tartans have far more meaning than that.  But at first it was my thought.
               

               


              'Gra geal mo chroi'

              #7 misskim_red@msn.com

              misskim_red@msn.com
              • Newbie
              • 144 posts

                Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

                I found a pair of shoes I'm considering001.JPG


                'Gra geal mo chroi'

                #8 emstypes

                emstypes
                • Jr. Member
                • 243 posts

                  Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:06 PM



                  Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com 


                   

                  Here's where I'm stumped:

                  Which kilt to go with the dress:

                  macfarlanehunting.jpgORmacfarlane.jpgHe'll probably be doing a black shirt (or whatever color scheme I go with).

                   

                  COLORS:   I'm thinking peacock feathers might be a good accent and a good way to blend the colors OR just using a black and white them as accents OR a tan/beige/gold accent theme.

                   

                  VEIL:  short birdcage with accents OR long white cathedral veil longer than the dress

                   

                  FLOWERS:  Should I do feathers accents in the brooch bouquet OR ribbon accents

                   

                  JEWELRY:  subtle so the dress stands out OR chunky matching necklace to theme or accessories.

                   

                  Any opinions or ideas would be great!! HELP!!


                  Kilt: I originally immediately thought the green one, but kat2012 makes a good point about the Christmas color combo... so I'm not sure on that one.

                  Colors: Love the peacock feather ideas!

                  Veil: Definitely a short birdcage, it seems like it fits with the style you've got going so far

                  Flowers: Feather accents - they'd match with the peacock feathers!

                  Jewelry: I actually really like the idea of chunky jewelry, and I'm not usually a fan... it just seems like it would go great with all of this!

                   

                  Hope this helps!!!  :)

                   



                  #9 emstypes

                  emstypes
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 243 posts

                    Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

                    P.S. Pretty dress!!!



                    #10 JayKay

                    JayKay
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

                    Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

                    I think I would choose the green one, unless the reds on your dress and the kilt match.  If they don't match, one is brighter or more cherry then the other, it will clash.  But on the other hand the green one could make it look christmasy, but then again, who doesnt love christmas!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users