Jump to content

Photo

New Jersey Newbie!!! - May 11, 2013 RPRM


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
  • Jr. Member
  • 272 posts

    Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

    Congratulations and welcome!  The RIU Palace is a great location!  You will be close to the downtown area so you and your guests will get to experience the city life as well! (As much of a "city" life as you get in our laid-back beach town... ).  May might be a little cooler than June, however if any of you are snorkelers, June is already whaleshark season and that experience is truly not-to-be-missed!

     

    Happy Planning!



    #12 Shay4966

    Shay4966
    • Site Supporter
    • 262 posts

      Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

      Thank you so much for responding... I was reading that the temperature in May and June was good weather to marry because it's before the rainy season, is that not true?
       

      Originally Posted by Pierre Violle 

      Congratulations and welcome!  The RIU Palace is a great location!  You will be close to the downtown area so you and your guests will get to experience the city life as well! (As much of a "city" life as you get in our laid-back beach town... ).  May might be a little cooler than June, however if any of you are snorkelers, June is already whaleshark season and that experience is truly not-to-be-missed!

       

      Happy Planning!



       



      #13 Shay4966

      Shay4966
      • Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

        Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

        Thank you for replying, I found a couple of websites that focus on that resort and they were very helpful, the only thing is most are very old post. I was hoping for some post from  newly married or up coming brides. I'm sure I will run into some while I'm planning. Congrats on your engagement and happy planning. 

         

        Originally Posted by JayKay 

        Welcome! I would try to find a thread for that specific resort if possible.  It might give you the most information!  Congrats on the upcoming little one and happy wedding planning:)



         



        #14 Shay4966

        Shay4966
        • Site Supporter
        • 262 posts

          Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:23 PM


          Thank you and congratulations on your engagement.. I'm also pretty sure we will cross paths again. I love this site :)

          Originally Posted by chrisdior 

          congratulations on your engagement and the venue!!! I will also be a May 2013. Just haven't picked a place yet, I'm still trying to decide!! :) Im sure we will speak again in the future good luck with the planning (and the your new addition!!)



           



          #15 elissae

          elissae
          • Member
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

          Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

          WELCOME SHAY!  CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement & from what it sounds like, the new baby!!!!  I am from Upstate NY (Albany/Saratoga area) & I, too am getting married in April 2013 - we have chosen the Riu Palace Riviera Maya as well.  My FI & I vacationed there 2 years ago with 4 other couples and ABSOLUTELY loved it there.  It is a great area.  The hotel is one of the cleanest and well kept places I've been to so far in Cancun.  The staff was so friendly and we loved the food there!!!!

           

          We are hoping to wed the Easter break week since that is when my FI's son will have the week off from school.  We have yet to book because we are waiting on the School Easter Break Schedule to be confirmed for 2013.  I do not feel comfortable booking until I know for sure.  They are waiting for the Standardized Testing schedule to be received.  (RED TAPE!)

           

          I recently got engaged on Christmas 2011.  Very exciting.  

           

          I have found some past threads of Riu Palace Riviera Maya (RPRM) brides on here, but only one other 2013 one so far.

           

          I would love to keep in touch with you through our planning and compare notes/ideas.

           

          Here are a few threads I have found helpful so far:

           

          Some reviews:

           



          After looking through this forum daily for about a month, we have decided to get married at the RUI Palace Riviera Maya in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. We have stayed at a couple of the RUI chains and we loved them. My aunt got married at the RUI Palace Mexico and it was very nice. 

           

          Since I will be on maternity leave in 6 weeks, I'm hoping to get a lot of things out the way.I did look at a couple of forums about RPRM, but I have not seen any recent brides getting married there. We have a date of May 11, 2013 but that can change to June 11, 2013.. 

           

          Anyway I wanted to know if there is there anyone else out there who has considered this resort, any information they have found, and any other information out there about the resort from current and past brides... I have been on thier website and looked at the packages they offer but more information would be greatly appreciated.

           

          Thanks

           

          and 

           

          Congratulations to all the new and past brides!! :)



           


          Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


          #16 Shay4966

          Shay4966
          • Site Supporter
          • 262 posts

            Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

            Hi Elissae -

             

            Thanks and Congratulations on your engagment. I recently booked my wedding at the riu palace (last week). I booked May 11, 2013, we decided on May because we felt it was better to get past the spring breakers, plus its beautiful weather and the price is lower during that time. I'm working on my save the dates right now and just booked our engagement party.  I would love to be planning buddies :)  I am working with Wendy Hicks from Wright Travel... She is awesome, very nice. She responds very fast...let me know if you have any questions...

             

             

            Tashay

             


             

            Originally Posted by elissae 

            WELCOME SHAY!  CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement & from what it sounds like, the new baby!!!!  I am from Upstate NY (Albany/Saratoga area) & I, too am getting married in April 2013 - we have chosen the Riu Palace Riviera Maya as well.  My FI & I vacationed there 2 years ago with 4 other couples and ABSOLUTELY loved it there.  It is a great area.  The hotel is one of the cleanest and well kept places I've been to so far in Cancun.  The staff was so friendly and we loved the food there!!!!

             

            We are hoping to wed the Easter break week since that is when my FI's son will have the week off from school.  We have yet to book because we are waiting on the School Easter Break Schedule to be confirmed for 2013.  I do not feel comfortable booking until I know for sure.  They are waiting for the Standardized Testing schedule to be received.  (RED TAPE!)

             

            I recently got engaged on Christmas 2011.  Very exciting.  

             

            I have found some past threads of Riu Palace Riviera Maya (RPRM) brides on here, but only one other 2013 one so far.

             

            I would love to keep in touch with you through our planning and compare notes/ideas.

             

            Here are a few threads I have found helpful so far:

             

            Some reviews:

             

            http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/4738

             

             

            http://www.bestdesti...-wedding-review

             

            RPRM Bride thread

             

            http://www.bestdesti...ace-brides/3430

             

            I hope this helps!

             

            Talk soon!    

             

             

             

             

             

             

             



             



             

             



            #17 elissae

            elissae
            • Member
            • 631 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
            • LocationClifton Park, NY

            Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

            OMG Tashay!  I reached out to Wendy Hicks, too!  We are going to use her as well!  She got a GLOWING review on this website.  She wrote back to me within the same day.    AWESOME.  So based on your booking - I will be there a month before you!  WOOT HOOT!  Looking forward to planning with you!  

            Hi Elissae -

             

            Thanks and Congratulations on your engagment. I recently booked my wedding at the riu palace (last week). I booked May 11, 2013, we decided on May because we felt it was better to get past the spring breakers, plus its beautiful weather and the price is lower during that time. I'm working on my save the dates right now and just booked our engagement party.  I would love to be planning buddies :)  I am working with Wendy Hicks from Wright Travel... She is awesome, very nice. She responds very fast...let me know if you have any questions...

             

             

            Tashay

             


             



             

             



             


            Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


            #18 marilili

            marilili
            • Jr. Member
            • 200 posts

              Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

              I've been working with Wendy Hicks and poor thing have I made her work.  I have asked her so many, many questions and she is always happy to respond and does so in a timely manner.  She has a lot of input and has been so essential in helping me pick my resort!!



              #19 elissae

              elissae
              • Member
              • 631 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationClifton Park, NY

              Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:57 PM


              You can sure say that again, Marilili!  She is wonderful.  I did the same thing and had so many questions...she answered everything to such great detail.    I just sent her a note just tonight to let her know I have not strayed & that I am still waiting to confirm my week before I book.

               

              Have you decided where you are going to get married?  I think I saw you are a January 2013 bride?  I look forward to seeing you on here.

               

              Talk soon!
               

              Originally Posted by marilili 

              I've been working with Wendy Hicks and poor thing have I made her work.  I have asked her so many, many questions and she is always happy to respond and does so in a timely manner.  She has a lot of input and has been so essential in helping me pick my resort!!



               


              Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


              #20 marilili

              marilili
              • Jr. Member
              • 200 posts

                Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

                Yes, I've decided on having the ceremony at Dreams Riviera Cancun and I think the reception will be at Blue Venado Beach Club.  and yup, January 2013. How about you? My date is January 19th, what's yours?
                 

                Originally Posted by elissae 


                You can sure say that again, Marilili!  She is wonderful.  I did the same thing and had so many questions...she answered everything to such great detail.    I just sent her a note just tonight to let her know I have not strayed & that I am still waiting to confirm my week before I book.

                 

                Have you decided where you are going to get married?  I think I saw you are a January 2013 bride?  I look forward to seeing you on here.

                 

                Talk soon!
                 



                 



                 






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users