Photo

Need Help - Father Daughter Song - Unusual Situation

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Wcook

Wcook
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks I will have to hit you tube up when I am at home...unfortunately there is no sound on my computer here at work :P

#12 CAPTJACKB1

CAPTJACKB1
    • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I too am sorry to hear about your Father...in Africa when a person passes away they who study the Bible say "he is just on vacation" —Job 14:13-15.

anyway, another song by Elvis is "The wonder of you" also, you might consider Richard Marx "Straight From The Heart"..he actually wrote it for his Father who passed away..I normally recommend "Alwaysdaddy.com..but, not this time.

#13 Wcook

Wcook
      • 25 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

It is sooo true it does almost feel like he is just on vacation :)  Thanks for your comments.

#14 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
        • 675 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

I am soo sorry for you loss!  I know how hard it is!  I personally think going through his favorite artists' songs and dancing to one of those would be great, or to a song that you know he loved!  My mom passed unexpectedly less than 2 years ago and I plan on playing some of her favorite songs at our reception.  But do what you know will be best for you in honoring your father!!!  (((HUGS)))

Originally Posted by Wcook 

Thanks so much ladies, I really appreciate the help and advice. 

He loved Elvis....that was his favorite singer of all time...maybe i should listen through some of those songs and see if there is anything that is suiting to consider as well :)

#15 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
          • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Am so sorry for the great loss.

I would recommend one lovely song from Miley Cyrus'  "When I Look At You". Every time I heard this song, I cried. So wonderful I could dedicated for someone special in my heart.

I love your choice of Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross. You may wan to listen also with Bob Carlisle's "Butter Kisses". It's a very wonderful song. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users