My Passport to South Africa Wedding Invites

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bizimana317

bizimana317
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

Good Morning!

Lots of love, lots of time.. but all worth it. My Wedding Invitations are finally done and sent out. 

I used the Alyee Bits template - I'm not the most design savvy person so it took some time but walking away from it, focusing on something else and then coming back to it definitely helped out. I got them printed at my local Staples and ordered the envelopes from Papersandmore. I got the return labels for FREE at Vistaprint and the Magnet STD's for 50% off on Vistaprint as well. They're done... PHEW!!

Enjoy!! 

Anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate luggage tags as favors?

BDW-1.jpgBDW-2.jpgBDW-3.jpgBDW-4.jpgBDW-5.jpgBDW-6.jpg

#2 angeluv4dr

angeluv4dr
    • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I love the way the came out! They look awesome!!!

My biggest hangup is what cardstock and paper to use. And if my printer will print on special paper. Where did you get these from? I have spent so long searching....and ordering these are way to expensive! Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!

#3 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
      • 923 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Beautiful! That's some destination! I can't wait to see how your wedding comes together!! Just curious about how many are you expecting?

#4 bizimana317

bizimana317
        • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

LOL, that's what everyone else says... he currently lives in South Africa and will be moving to the States so we decided to do it there in front of his friends and family. I'm expecting about 10-15 people from the U.S and we'll have a huge party when he gets here. 

#5 mlim

mlim
          • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

love it.. ;-)

#6 bizimana317

bizimana317
            • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by angeluv4dr 

I love the way the came out! They look awesome!!!

My biggest hangup is what cardstock and paper to use. And if my printer will print on special paper. Where did you get these from? I have spent so long searching....and ordering these are way to expensive! Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

For the insides I used premium paper from Staples (about $8.00 for a pack). At Staples if you buy the paper it's cheaper to print as opposed to them using their own paper even thought it's the same (weird). The silver cardstock was in stock at the Staples Print Center - I originally bought silver cardstock from Micheals but when I did a test print it didn't come out too well so then I discovered that they had the silver I wanted and I went from there. 

#7 Dacia

Dacia
              • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

Great job - your invitations are gorgeous!  I love the colors!

#8 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                • 789 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

WOW bizimana, your invitations are GORGEOUS!! I LOVE that they have the image of Table Mountain in the background! I was in SA in 2004 and I'm returning for the holidays this year. What a fabulous destination you chose. WOW, your guests will be blown away!!

As far as luggage tags, this isn't necessarily a "favor" but I used luggage tag-shaped cut outs for the placecards on our reception table. I tied raffia around through them and then hand wrote each guest's name on them. It was a really cute way to incorporate the destination wedding theme and still looked chic! Here are a few pics below:

Congratulations again!

Good Morning!

Lots of love, lots of time.. but all worth it. My Wedding Invitations are finally done and sent out. 

I used the Alyee Bits template - I'm not the most design savvy person so it took some time but walking away from it, focusing on something else and then coming back to it definitely helped out. I got them printed at my local Staples and ordered the envelopes from Papersandmore. I got the return labels for FREE at Vistaprint and the Magnet STD's for 50% off on Vistaprint as well. They're done... PHEW!!

Enjoy!! 

Anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate luggage tags as favors?

BDW-1.jpgBDW-2.jpgBDW-3.jpgBDW-4.jpgBDW-5.jpgBDW-6.jpg

#9 SunnyInVegas

SunnyInVegas
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 37 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

These turned out great! I love the colors!

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I think you did a great job, especially for saying you aren't "design savvy"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users