35 replies to this topic

#31 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

our website says this:
    what should i wear to the wedding?
    nothing. it's a nudist colony, so feel free to wear your birthday suit. not comfortable attending a naked wedding? ladies, try a skirt or a sundress. gentlemen, feel free to wear khakis, shorts...no footwear necessary for the ceremony, but you may be more comfortable wearing dancing shoes during the reception.

and on our STD pamphlet, we said beach wear: khakis for men, sundresses or skirts for the ladies.

however, we don't care if people show up barefoot or in shorts, but i'm willing to bet that no one will show up in tees and jeans; everyone will wear pants and skirts.

#32 Sharonie

Sharonie
    • 557 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by naughie
      our website says this:
      nothing. it's a nudist colony, so feel free to wear your birthday suit. not comfortable attending a naked wedding? ladies, try a skirt or a sundress. gentlemen, feel free to wear khakis, shorts...no footwear necessary for the ceremony, but you may be more comfortable wearing dancing shoes during the reception.

That's too funny. I thought about putting something down like that too because the island property at the resort I'm getting married on is typically for cloth optional people only. But Paul voted against it, oh well... lol

#33 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
        our website says this:

and on our STD pamphlet, we said beach wear: khakis for men, sundresses or skirts for the ladies.

however, we don't care if people show up barefoot or in shorts, but i'm willing to bet that no one will show up in tees and jeans; everyone will wear pants and skirts.

that is my favorite, I so love it.....

#34 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

shelley, check out the rest of our site - we are the most sarcastic, obnoxious people ever, lol!

www.keithandlauren.weddingwindow.com

#35 PlayaNovia

PlayaNovia
          • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

I am also slightly nervous that people might show up in shorts, tank tops and a baseball cap (seriously - we love our friends but some of them haven't dressed up since college graduation).

Here is what we are going with:

Wedding Attire

Attire for the wedding and reception is informal “beach chic”. Tommy Bahama style for the gents (collared shirts, lightweight trousers in khaki or linen, etc.); and for the ladies - skirts, sun dresses, capri pants, nice top… No suits and no ties! Flips flops, sandals, bare feet are perfectly acceptable – it’s the tropics after all! Ladies: you may wish to bring a shawl or light sweater for warmth after the sun goes down.
            Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
            --Robert Frost

#36 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

Quote:
              shelley, check out the rest of our site - we are the most sarcastic, obnoxious people ever, lol!

www.keithandlauren.weddingwindow.com
              it looks so good, I love the story of you two!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users