• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galit
    I am toying with the idea of calling it "flip flop fancy" ... only problem is, I haven't figured out exactly what that means
    I like that... might have to steal it!

#22 vale

vale
    • 437 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:07 AM

Maybe you could try letting people know what you are wearing ie formal wedding gown, full wedding dress or tell them what you are 'not' wearing so that they will have some idea what they should wear.

Does that make sense?

#23 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

I didn't say anything, and all 40 people showed up appropriately dressed, some a little dressier then others, but everyone looked great. I really don't think you need to worry that people are going to show up in bathing suits, other then the strangers who wander over to watch the wedding, most people will figure out what to wear unless you have some specific requirements, jmho.

Kelly~

#24 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

call me a heel......but I don't want to see any burmuda triangle shorts or tube tops participating in my wedding. Everyone always gets on me because although, we are getting married in Jamaica, I want all the other elements of my wedding to be pretty traditional. I'm going to phrase this on the wedding website as "Formal attire is requested".

#25 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by md_ocr
            call me a heel......but I don't want to see any burmuda triangle shorts or tube tops participating in my wedding. Everyone always gets on me because although, we are getting married in Jamaica, I want all the other elements of my wedding to be pretty traditional. I'm going to phrase this on the wedding website as "Formal attire is requested".
            Do you mean jackets for the guys? Are you worried about your guest being too hot?

#26 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
            • 802 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

my groom will be in a jacket, but as far as the guest, a sportsjacket is not required, but I don't want anyone in "tee shirts", jeans, or shorts. I want to be able to look at my pictures and tell that there is a wedding going on. I know that I will be hot, because my dress has pickups and laces up the back.....very big. But after the ceremony, I'm changing into my reception gown which is a bit more slinky.

#27 jak27

jak27
              • 715 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by md_ocr
                This is just my two cents, but I would be more clear on the use of "Formal" for the attire...that to me says Formal Attire, which means Tux Optional which means Cocktail attire for the women.

If that's what you want, then I think you're guests will understand, but if you want something less formal, but still fancier than shorts and a t-shirt, I would say "Jackets Optional" which directs guys to be dressed up, but not necessarily in a suite or tie.

Just my opnion, which doens't mean much! :)

#28 Sharonie

Sharonie
                • 557 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

Since we are not getting married on the beach, this is what I put on our website:

"We are in Jamaica and since it will be outdoor it is going to be hot and humid. The wedding is going to be a relaxed and carefree celebration, so we are encouraging a "beach chic" look for the events. Ladies should wear summer dresses. Men should wear a nice shirt and pants (Tommy Bahama look is good)."

#29 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jak27
                    This is just my two cents, but I would be more clear on the use of "Formal" for the attire...that to me says Formal Attire, which means Tux Optional which means Cocktail attire for the women.

If that's what you want, then I think you're guests will understand, but if you want something less formal, but still fancier than shorts and a t-shirt, I would say "Jackets Optional" which directs guys to be dressed up, but not necessarily in a suite or tie.

Just my opnion, which doens't mean much! :)
                    I agree. I thought you wanted the guys in suits & ties. That could be miserable. So i would suggest being a little more descriptive. Especially on a website where you can write as much as you want. You wouldn't want to put a paragraph about what to wear on an invite (unless it was a seperate page) but on the website you can really say as much as you want.

#30 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TropicalIslandBride
                      Since we are not getting married on the beach, this is what I put on our website:

"We are in Jamaica and since it will be outdoor it is going to be hot and humid. The wedding is going to be a relaxed and carefree celebration, so we are encouraging a "beach chic" look for the events. Ladies should wear summer dresses. Men should wear a nice shirt and pants (Tommy Bahama look is good). Sandals are okay, but please no shorts or flipflops during the ceremony."
                      i think this sounds great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users