Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsBrew

FutureMrsBrew
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hey Everyone!

My name is Sarah and my fiance and I got engage 2 years ago in Ocean City MD, after much consideration we have decided to go with a destination wedding! We are looking to get married in April/March 2012 and my top 2 resorts that I have found are Now Jade and Dreams Cancun. We love different things about both of them, so hopefully we will be able to narrow it down between the two. Any suggestions about these resorts would be appreciated!!!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!  I've never heard of Now Jade so I can't comment there, but I've heard incredible things about Dreams Cancun.  Good luck with your planning!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

Welcome!

When we first were engaged we looked at both these properties for our wedding.  We liked Dreams Cancun because of the amazing wedding gazebo and their reasonable wedding packages.  We also looked at Now Jade, but there didnt seem to be many reviews or information about it, and when we enquired we were told they were in the middle of renovations and someone would get back to us.  No one ever got back to us.  Good luck with your decision!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBrew 

Hey Everyone!

My name is Sarah and my fiance and I got engage 2 years ago in Ocean City MD, after much consideration we have decided to go with a destination wedding! We are looking to get married in April/March 2012 and my top 2 resorts that I have found are Now Jade and Dreams Cancun. We love different things about both of them, so hopefully we will be able to narrow it down between the two. Any suggestions about these resorts would be appreciated!!!

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Welcome to the forum!  Check out the FAQ link in my signature if you need any help navigating the site.  Happy planning!

#5 chrisdior

chrisdior
        • 286 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your engagement!!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to BestDestinationWedding.com.  Both Dreams Cancun and NOW Jade are great resorts to get married at.  They are both sister resorts under AMResorts.  I got married at Dreams Los Cabos.  If you need any help, let us know.  We have a great relationship with Dreams.

Here are some links and tips that might make your time here on BDW more enjoyable.

If you have not done so, you may want to:

• complete your profile (upload a photo, add profile details, etc.)
          • visit the Newbies forum and introduce yourself
          • find the forum for your wedding destination and create a subscription to threads/members/vendors that you are interested in

Here are some links that may be helpful to you:

Here are some BDW members and staff you should follow:
            Moderators and Community Leaders   If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email advertise@bestdestinationwedding.com.

Vendor rules are HERE!  Please read!  
          Hope you enjoy your time here.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 SweetFire

SweetFire
          • Vendor
          • 330 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!  Both resorts are great choices.  I have photographed both and have always heard good comments.  I will include a link so you can view a wedding at Now Jade and Dreams Cancun that may help make your decision easier.  

http://www.facebook....41271212&type=3

Best of luck and warmest wishes,

Lori

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,074 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Both resort are beautiful and offer different things. Im actually going to be shooting a wedding this weekend at Dreams Cancun so I will make sure to post new images. I have not been there in over a year so interested to see if anything has changed. They have the most gorgeous gazebo location and picturesque spots.

Best of luck.

Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
              • 151 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

and Happy Planning! There's so much great info on these boards and all the girls are so helpful.

#10 Playamarti

Playamarti
                • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

Congratulations on your engagement and decision to get married in the beautiful Carribean!  I am a wedding planner here in Playa Del Carmen and am familiar with both resorts.  If you would like some help in the decision making process I would be more than happy to help!  I am from the United States but am living here in Playa.  I understand the importance of planning a wedding from a distance, especially in another country!  Feel free to message me if you need any advice on the area!! Best Wishes!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users