Introduce Yourself!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm Jamy and I've been a member of BDW since 2007 when there were only a few dozen members.  The site has grown by leaps and bounds since then and I am happy to still be here as a member and moderator. I got married in 2007 at Las Caletas outside of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. 

I live in Los Angeles with my husband and one year old son.  There is so much to do, see and eat in Southern California and living in flip flops year-round is the icing on the cake. 

I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow SoCal members.  Please, take a moment to introduce yourselves.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

hey jamy, do not live in so. cal but have lots of family down there and visit often ;)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Good enough Tammy, you're in! 

#4 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi all you lovely BDWers!!! My name is MarieSam and I joined BDW way back in 2007 (I think, geez I feel old because I can't remember but it has been a while!!!). I have no idea how I came across this site, but it was like a gift from God as I planned my destination wedding in Akumal, Mexico at the CEA Center on June 26, 2009. This is the best resource you will ever find for planning a DW, so embrace it and enjoy it because you just struck gold 

My husband and I and our 16-year old daughter live in Cerritos, CA, where I work as a full-time journalist. And if you can believe it, my husband and I are now wedding photographers too :) We were bitten by the bug and it feels so good 

Hope to meet some of you gals in the future!!!! I've already gotten the chance to meet Jamy and I totally <3 her!! 

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Welcome, MarieSam!  Thanks for joining our club. 

I've had the pleasure of hanging with both Tammy and MarieSam and they are both super chill and fun.  Tammy is an awesome cook and MarieSam is an amazing photographer (I first met her back when she was just getting started!).

#6 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

another oldie but goodie member here...been around since 2006, wow! Crazy. My husband and I were married in Napa Valley in July of 2007. We have two beautiful children now and recently moved back "home" to San Diego after a fantastic 5 years in Alexandria, VA.

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hi, Christine!  Thanks for joining

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

uggh...so jealous...the so cal group has the cool people ;)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

Waiting for more...jump in, girls!

#10 mrsrepp

mrsrepp
              • 41 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

HI!  I'm in San Diego and would love to meet up with fellow DW brides!!  My wedding is slated for May 17, 2013, but things could always change (as they already have).  I haven't picked a resort yet, but hoping to do that within the next couple weeks so STDs can go out about a year before the big day!  YAY!  So exciting!!

I'm originally from RI and came to SD via Washington, DC ... I take a while to make a decision, but have finally found my home in Southern California and the man of my dreams!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users