• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 PVBride

PVBride
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wisco4
    Music is a good one! How do we go about that?
    That's a good question..
    First, I would find out what kind of music options your location offers(if you don't already know). Since I know my options, I will probably just see what my WC suggests. Maybe she will have a recording or something, too

#12 Wisco4

Wisco4
    • 666 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

Are you going with a dJ, band...

We want a solo guitarist for the ceremony, mariachi for in between and a dj for the reception. Maybe there will be a wedding going on while we are there so we can here what they use!
      ~Amanda

#13 PVBride

PVBride
      • 443 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Wisco4
        Are you going with a dJ, band...

We want a solo guitarist for the ceremony, mariachi for in between and a dj for the reception. Maybe there will be a wedding going on while we are there so we can here what they use!
        We are doing almost the exact same thing as you... Spanish Guitar for Ceremony, Mariachi for Cocktail Hour, and DJ for reception.

#14 jpkw

jpkw
        • VIP Member
        • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

On my site visit, this is what we did:

*Meet with WC (from hotel & private coordinator Maye - we had a ton of questions to ask both)
          *Meet with Photographer
          *Meet with DJ
          *Food Tasting (we did ours at Dreams, determine menu for rehearsal dinner & wedding reception, if you are using multiple places, be sure to check all of them out)
          *Cake Tasting (we used Jennifer Hatton but you could try a few)
          *Spa visit
          *Take lots of pictures of wedding location sites (an actual wedding may be going on if you are lucky)
          *Visit local market (downtown Cabo) to see if we could buy things for OOT bags, also check out local super market
          *Check on transportation
          *Contact Mariachi
          *Hair / Make-up trial (i never did this, but some people do)
          *Videographer (i decided to hire one 2 days before the wedding so i never met him ahead of time but you could)

good luck! you will have fun!!!
          Jen

#15 PVBride

PVBride
          • 443 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jpkw
            On my site visit, this is what we did:

*Meet with WC (from hotel & private coordinator Maye - we had a ton of questions to ask both)
            *Meet with Photographer
            *Meet with DJ
            *Food Tasting (we did ours at Dreams, determine menu for rehearsal dinner & wedding reception, if you are using multiple places, be sure to check all of them out)
            *Cake Tasting (we used Jennifer Hatton but you could try a few)
            *Spa visit
            *Take lots of pictures of wedding location sites (an actual wedding may be going on if you are lucky)
            *Visit local market (downtown Cabo) to see if we could buy things for OOT bags, also check out local super market
            *Check on transportation
            *Contact Mariachi
            *Hair / Make-up trial (i never did this, but some people do)
            *Videographer (i decided to hire one 2 days before the wedding so i never met him ahead of time but you could)

good luck! you will have fun!!!
            Jen
            Thanks, Jen! That was great help to me :)

#16 Wisco4

Wisco4
            • 666 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

Yo tambien! (me too
              ~Amanda

#17 Nene

Nene
              • 86 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

I appreciate it too! I am going on a sudden site visit on SUNDAY to Dreams to relieve my stress. I did not know what to ask-but many heads together is better then one-so thanks...

#18 tlomlad

tlomlad
                • Banned
                • 1,949 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:52 AM

the coordinator will probably go over everything with you, i would just write all my questions down [cause i def forgot some] and ask any of the girls on the forum if they need anything [i.e.: pictures/questions ansered etc.] other than that... enjoy!

#19 kcantrel

kcantrel
                  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:37 AM

I just booked my site visit yesterday but I haven't officially booked the wedding at this hotel yet (I want to see it first) and our wedding probably won't be for another 9 -11 months. Is it still reasonable to expect to arrange a tasting and all these things ahead of time even if I haven't put my deposit down or decided for sure that this resort is the one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users