FI Wedding gift?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm just wondering, (actually panicking!) because I have no idea what to give my fiance for a wedding gift?!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Just know....I only have 2 1/2 weeks until our wedding!!!!

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

i dont think i gave my hubby anything! i dont think you really have to, i mean its a nice gesture but ive always thought the rings are the gifts to eachother. a lot of girls do boudoir pics which are really fun, but your window of time has kind of passed. what about a nice watch or money clip, suitcase set, hmmmm. splurge on awesome tickets to his favorite sports team?

#3 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
    • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Abbie!

I have thought of a few of those and I did get him tickets as a surprise to a comedian that he loves and has always wanted to see, but I was going to give those to him on his birthday, which happens to be 1 week before we leave!!  Do I do 2 big things?  Give the tickets as wedding gift instead?  Not do a wedding gift?  That's my predicament!

Originally Posted by Abbie 

i dont think i gave my hubby anything! i dont think you really have to, i mean its a nice gesture but ive always thought the rings are the gifts to eachother. a lot of girls do boudoir pics which are really fun, but your window of time has kind of passed. what about a nice watch or money clip, suitcase set, hmmmm. splurge on awesome tickets to his favorite sports team?

#4 lmdavis

lmdavis
      • 151 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

I am having issues with this, too! The traditional watch won't work, he refuses to wear them! (and I have heard that it is bad luck to give a watch)

#5 nancya

nancya
        • 120 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yes lmdavis, i heard its bad luck as well. It's something about you watching their time and waiting for them do die...not sure if its true but i guess its up to you to believe it or not.

#6 kks2012

kks2012
          • Site Supporter
          • 241 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I just found a lunch box with his favorite character on it. I will put things that will enhance his sense. Photos (sight), cologne (smell), cufflinks and a tie with texture (touch) a wedding cd (hearing) and taste ( still thinking on this)

Attached Files

#7 sbg75

sbg75
            • 151 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Aw, what a cute idea. Haven't really thought about this either as I also have to buy for his birthday straight after the wedding, which is normally quite tough as he seems to talk about something he wants and then goes out and buys it. I've had to return things a number of times coz he got there first!! 

#8 ylan9383

ylan9383
              • 188 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
              • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

geez.  i didn't even think about this one.  I'll probably give him something small, personal.

#9 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
              • 164 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
              • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

I don't even think about this :/

#10 jwalsh

jwalsh
              • 165 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 13, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
              • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I was gonna give him a watch but his best man msgd me to let me know he bought him an awesome watch while he was in Dubai so now I need to think of something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jwalsh, 27 January 2014 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users