Mimi127
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

What an amazing planning thread.

#62 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
    • 360 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Wow! Congratulations! I love all the details with the links to where you purchased your items. It's really helpful. And I ABSOLUTELY adore the Chinese symbol for marriage on your stationery. It's a really nice touch for the your hubby's family I'm sure. I'm Chinese myself, and I was wondering whether or not to find a traditional Chinese wedding gown for the wedding, and seeing yours makes me want to find one for sure now. Thanks! Your wedding looked beautiful

#63 leigh2011

leigh2011
      • 277 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

Wow! Congratulations! I love all the details with the links to where you purchased your items. It's really helpful. And I ABSOLUTELY adore the Chinese symbol for marriage on your stationery. It's a really nice touch for the your hubby's family I'm sure. I'm Chinese myself, and I was wondering whether or not to find a traditional Chinese wedding gown for the wedding, and seeing yours makes me want to find one for sure now. Thanks! Your wedding looked beautiful

The dual ceremony possibility for destination weddings (legal at home and then symbolic at your destination) was perfect for wearing two types of wedding dresses.  The traditional Chinese dress that I ordered online was of good quality, I just needed to take it to a local tailor to get it fitted around the waist - so I would recommend that retailer. 

One issue we had with the double happiness symbol on our wedding items was with the koozies.  The base for the koozie was navy blue and the symbol was in white.  Apparently my now mother-in-law thought that the navy blue was too close to black and traditionally the double-happiness symbol with black means death.  So if you use the double-happiness symbol just make sure you pay attention to all of the potential pitfalls!  But I hope the usage of the symbol on all of the stationary made my in-laws feel included in the whole event.

#64 pzl101

pzl101
        • 281 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

What a creative and fun wedding. I also LOVE the incorporation of the Chinese heritage. Thanks for the link to where you bought your cheong sam. Such wonderful ideas! 

#65 jenna85

jenna85
          • 30 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
          • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

Love love this thread! One of the best planning thread Ive ever seen.. thank you so much for taking your time and sharing it with us! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users