Photo

2013 Melia Caribe Tropical Brides

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 alij

alij
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I e-mailed the hotel and got a very thorough response.  34 page brochure!  Probably too large to post on here.  If you want to send me your personal e-mail I will forward it.

#32 Jadeevincent

Jadeevincent
    • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

Ladies,

I'm in need of some assistance!  I have 45-50 people coming to my wedding April 2013 (40 already booked!) but am absolutely lost on what package to use!  My fiance and I are going to do a 'symbolic' ceremony and then were thinking about going on the La Baracaza - the issue I am having is the Melia wants to charge me $864 for the base wedding package (for 12 people) and then $25.00 for all my guests over the 12.  I asked if there was any budge on that price and they said they would take off 10% off any 'additional guests' which is only 2.5 per guest or $80!  It makes me kinda nauseous to spend $2k on a 20 minute ceremony that has no music, no cocktail hour etc. etc.....

The La Baracaza is $65 pp so around $3300 without wine... and wine is a must with my family.....

I'm trying to keep the wedding ceremony/reception around $5k, am I being unrealistic for 50 people?!  My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and do not have the funds to have a massive wedding however, I don't want to be disappointed in the big day either.  I know that sounds horrible... I won't be disappointed... but I want to be wowed!

The funny thing is I sent out the save the dates for a destination wedding without really looking into the costs... I never realized how much it would be to get what I wanted....

Need HELP!

Any suggestions?

#33 alij

alij
      • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Have you looked into doing the ceremony and reception offsite?  There are two venues that I know of - Jellyfish and Kukua Beach Club.  Both have websites if you google them and will detail the costs.

#34 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
        • 438 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

We booked 5 nights in the romance suite and are getting the symbolic package for free You do get sparkling wine, cake, bouquet in the package The labarcaza will also do a ceremony for you not sure on the cost but I think it is a flat rate

#35 missroxy

missroxy
          • 178 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by alij 

I e-mailed the hotel and got a very thorough response.  34 page brochure!  Probably too large to post on here.  If you want to send me your personal e-mail I will forward it.

Hi ! can you send it to me aswell please? mparent_charland@hotmail.com

thank you :)

#36 Eva1love

Eva1love
            • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi Jadee, 

I know exactly what you mean because I feel the same about spending too much at the resort - it's already all inclusive! 

I have booked my wedding for July 2013 at the Iberostar Bavaro. The prices are AMAZING!! And the service I have received so far is awesome! 

Anyway I'll give you a brief breakdown... 

The wedding package for 15ppl is 1250, you can have your reception privatized at one of their restaurants for either $850 or $1000 depending on the restaurant. 

Each additional person is $12 and kids under 13yrs old are $6 

DJ service is $700 for 3 hours 

Cocktail hr ranges from $13 to $24 (they have 4 different packages you can choose from) 

This is just the basics - if you or anyone would like the Iberostar Bavaro wedding package info PM me and I will forward everything the WC has given me so far. 

I thought about looking into the Melia but seems like the prices are a little out of my league... we are trying our best to pay cash for everything... being that it's my fiance and I paying for it all. 

Iberostar Bavaro may not me modern 100% but everyone I know that has visited it has great things to say about it and the more I think about it the more I know my group will make the best of it no matter where we are. I just have to keep this in mind and STOP looking around bc there's way too much to do now that it's confirmed. 

Happy planning ladies! 

xo 

Eva 

#37 FutureMrsJW

FutureMrsJW
              • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

Would you mind sending the brochure to me as well, alij?

jesse.westfall@gmail.com.

Thanks!

#38 alij

alij
                • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Anyone know the current day pass rate at Melia?  I have booked Pastor Rick myself and the WC said it was OK but she didn't say what they would charge to bring him in.

Attached Files

#39 DecBride

DecBride
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm staying there for my wedding in Jan 2013. I"ll be getting married at Jellyfish.

I do want to use their salon though to prep for the wedding...

Attached Files

#40 gina24

gina24
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

DecBride- what day are you getting married?  Mine is Jan 23, 2013.  are you having your ceremony at the Jellyfish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users