Mufin1785

2013 Melia Caribe Tropical Brides

I e-mailed the hotel and got a very thorough response.  34 page brochure!  Probably too large to post on here.  If you want to send me your personal e-mail I will forward it.

Ladies,

I'm in need of some assistance!  I have 45-50 people coming to my wedding April 2013 (40 already booked!) but am absolutely lost on what package to use!  My fiance and I are going to do a 'symbolic' ceremony and then were thinking about going on the La Baracaza - the issue I am having is the Melia wants to charge me $864 for the base wedding package (for 12 people) and then $25.00 for all my guests over the 12.  I asked if there was any budge on that price and they said they would take off 10% off any 'additional guests' which is only 2.5 per guest or $80!  It makes me kinda nauseous to spend $2k on a 20 minute ceremony that has no music, no cocktail hour etc. etc.....

The La Baracaza is $65 pp so around $3300 without wine... and wine is a must with my family.....

I'm trying to keep the wedding ceremony/reception around $5k, am I being unrealistic for 50 people?!  My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and do not have the funds to have a massive wedding however, I don't want to be disappointed in the big day either.  I know that sounds horrible... I won't be disappointed... but I want to be wowed!

The funny thing is I sent out the save the dates for a destination wedding without really looking into the costs... I never realized how much it would be to get what I wanted....

Need HELP!

Any suggestions?

Have you looked into doing the ceremony and reception offsite?  There are two venues that I know of - Jellyfish and Kukua Beach Club.  Both have websites if you google them and will detail the costs.

We booked 5 nights in the romance suite and are getting the symbolic package for free You do get sparkling wine, cake, bouquet in the package The labarcaza will also do a ceremony for you not sure on the cost but I think it is a flat rate

Originally Posted by alij View Post

I e-mailed the hotel and got a very thorough response.  34 page brochure!  Probably too large to post on here.  If you want to send me your personal e-mail I will forward it.

Hi ! can you send it to me aswell please? mparent_charland@hotmail.com

thank you :)

Hi Jadee, 

I know exactly what you mean because I feel the same about spending too much at the resort - it's already all inclusive! 

I have booked my wedding for July 2013 at the Iberostar Bavaro. The prices are AMAZING!! And the service I have received so far is awesome! 

Anyway I'll give you a brief breakdown... 

The wedding package for 15ppl is 1250, you can have your reception privatized at one of their restaurants for either $850 or $1000 depending on the restaurant. 

Each additional person is $12 and kids under 13yrs old are $6 

DJ service is $700 for 3 hours 

Cocktail hr ranges from $13 to $24 (they have 4 different packages you can choose from) 

This is just the basics - if you or anyone would like the Iberostar Bavaro wedding package info PM me and I will forward everything the WC has given me so far. 

I thought about looking into the Melia but seems like the prices are a little out of my league... we are trying our best to pay cash for everything... being that it's my fiance and I paying for it all. 

Iberostar Bavaro may not me modern 100% but everyone I know that has visited it has great things to say about it and the more I think about it the more I know my group will make the best of it no matter where we are. I just have to keep this in mind and STOP looking around bc there's way too much to do now that it's confirmed. 

Happy planning ladies! 

xo 

Eva 

Anyone know the current day pass rate at Melia?  I have booked Pastor Rick myself and the WC said it was OK but she didn't say what they would charge to bring him in.

I'm staying there for my wedding in Jan 2013. I"ll be getting married at Jellyfish.

I do want to use their salon though to prep for the wedding...

DecBride- what day are you getting married?  Mine is Jan 23, 2013.  are you having your ceremony at the Jellyfish?