Photo

ROR Jamaica 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#51 bride6262

bride6262
  • 582 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

I attended my gf's wedding at the ROR and the beach gazebo is on the beach....so to walk up to it is sand but when you can step on the stairs on up in the gazebo. here is a pic from that wedding. any other q's i can try to help!

This is for past brides of ROR. We are getting married at the Beach Gazebo. From what I can see it’s all sand and there’s no walk way. What about at the altar? Is it possible to wear shoes? Any advice on appropriate footwear is much appreciated!

#52 Lauren Newsham

Lauren Newsham
    • 129 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 30, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thanks, so it's probably best if we were to wear flats or at least wedges. My BM's want to wear heels. I thought it was a bad idea!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

I attended my gf's wedding at the ROR and the beach gazebo is on the beach....so to walk up to it is sand but when you can step on the stairs on up in the gazebo. here is a pic from that wedding. any other q's i can try to help!

Wedding (68)a.jpg

#53 bride6262

bride6262
    • 582 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

i defininetly wouldnt wear heels... we are going barefoot! The walk to this is also all sand!

Originally Posted by Lauren Newsham 

Thanks, so it's probably best if we were to wear flats or at least wedges. My BM's want to wear heels. I thought it was a bad idea!

#54 kristen60187

kristen60187
      • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was wondering about the reception. I want to have a first dance and father daughter dance. Do we bring our own CD and they will it? What's everyones plans for doing their dances?

#55 Lauren Newsham

Lauren Newsham
        • 129 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Are you doing a private reception or a semi-private? We are having a semi-private and I asked for a microphone and CD player. The WC said no because it’s a disruption to other Guests. I know a ton of people who got married away and just played music in the restaurant with no issues…

We are having a cocktail reception between the ceremony and dinner with a steel drum band so we will do our dances then. The WC said we could request music so we’ll probably pick something we know they can play!

Originally Posted by kristen60187 

I was wondering about the reception. I want to have a first dance and father daughter dance. Do we bring our own CD and they will it? What's everyones plans for doing their dances?

#56 kristen60187

kristen60187
        • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

I am going to do the semi-private dinner, than I am either going to do the beach reception or the disco.  If I get the DJ and bring a CD of the music for first dance/father daughter dance will they play it for me?

#57 Tia529

Tia529
          • 76 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

I had the same question for Keisha, and she said the dj will play whatever you want.

#58 beginnin94

beginnin94
            • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi i am also planning my wedding at the ror this year 2012 trying to keep under five Gs for everything without looking cheap

#59 Lauren Newsham

Lauren Newsham
              • 129 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hey Ladies, I'm getting super excited! We are leaving on the 26May, so 3 months as of yesterday!! I can't wait! 

I also just got my first "Official" communication with Keisha last week! 

Originally Posted by beginnin94 

Hi i am also planning my wedding at the ror this year 2012 trying to keep under five Gs for everything without looking cheap

#60 Lauren Newsham

Lauren Newsham
              • 129 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Has anyone else had problems communication with Tai Flora? I’ve been going back and forth with them since November…it takes almost a month to get a response back from them and then they don’t actually even read my emails they just answer blindly. It’s extremely frustrating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users