Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
txbride

ROR Jamaica 2012 Brides

Recommended Posts

Great review, thanks Krysta! I loved your hair – Iâ€m going to suggest a similar style to my MOH!

 

I have a couple of questions actually…

 

  1. How did you get the DJ for free? We were originally going to do the steel drum band too but realized it was a total waste of money… we hired the DJ instead but we are being charged $300 and heâ€ll only play for an hour which includes our ceremony! Iâ€m not overly impressed by this! 
  2. We picked the free package and are being charged an additional $200 for the extra guests. Iâ€d like to avoid this if possible. Any advice on what I can say to Keisha? Communicating over email is useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lauren Newsham View Post

 

Great review, thanks Krysta! I loved your hair – Iâ€m going to suggest a similar style to my MOH!

 

I have a couple of questions actually…

 

  1. How did you get the DJ for free? We were originally going to do the steel drum band too but realized it was a total waste of money… we hired the DJ instead but we are being charged $300 and heâ€ll only play for an hour which includes our ceremony! Iâ€m not overly impressed by this! 
  2. We picked the free package and are being charged an additional $200 for the extra guests. Iâ€d like to avoid this if possible. Any advice on what I can say to Keisha? Communicating over email is useless.

 

hey lauren! Thanks!!!!

 

she actually offered the dj up when i asked how i could play music for the ceremony if i wasnt having a band and she said the dj was included. i will try to find the email and PM it to you.

 

to avoid the extra charges i email Keisha asking what the extra $10.50 was for. she told me extra champagne and cake. i told her i didnt want any extra. she then tried to say it would cost $5.50 for chair rentals. i responded that arent the chairs already there?? she tried to say that they had to rent them from the resturants...which is absurd. so when i went in for my meeting i just brought it up and she never charged me anything!!

 

let me try to find the emails and i will get back to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congratulations to all the brides to be and for those who have just gotten married. I just got engaged 3 weeks ago and my fiancee and I are in the very beginning stages of the planning process. We are looking into Grand Bahama, Jamaica, Antigua, Nassau etc. and it really all comes down to our budget as far as choosing our final destination. I'm not sure how others feel (or have felt) but I feel lost and I just don't know where to begin. I feel as though I am being too picky but since it is a destination wedding and I can't afford to continuously fly out to check out venues, I want to make sure I choose the right one for us and our guests. All these threads have been very helpful and it helps to know we are not alone through this process. For those who had their wedding at RIU in Jamaica, do they allow children. I have a few friends who have kids and since they are going to be traveling long distances we figure it is only fair that they be allowed to bring their little ones, thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by sherylh View Post

 

congratulations to all the brides to be and for those who have just gotten married. I just got engaged 3 weeks ago and my fiancee and I are in the very beginning stages of the planning process. We are looking into Grand Bahama, Jamaica, Antigua, Nassau etc. and it really all comes down to our budget as far as choosing our final destination. I'm not sure how others feel (or have felt) but I feel lost and I just don't know where to begin. I feel as though I am being too picky but since it is a destination wedding and I can't afford to continuously fly out to check out venues, I want to make sure I choose the right one for us and our guests. All these threads have been very helpful and it helps to know we are not alone through this process. For those who had their wedding at RIU in Jamaica, do they allow children. I have a few friends who have kids and since they are going to be traveling long distances we figure it is only fair that they be allowed to bring their little ones, thanks again!

 

RUI is an all ages resort.... which is why we choose it since we had friends coming with kids........ they have kids camps during the day and even though it is a resort that allows kids you dont really notice them as adults which is really nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.5 more sleeps until we leave for Jamaica! If I donâ€t get back on here before we leave, I just want to thank all the past and present BDW brides for all your suggestions, ideas and photos that helped me along the way.

 

Iâ€m so excited for the big day and to show my family and friends all the work Iâ€ve put into this wedding! But, I honestly would still be lost if it wasnâ€t for all of you!

 

Iâ€ve already started my planning thread, hopefully Iâ€ll put it up this week, but if not Iâ€ll share all my knowledge when I get back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lauren Newsham View Post

 

3.5 more sleeps until we leave for Jamaica! If I donâ€t get back on here before we leave, I just want to thank all the past and present BDW brides for all your suggestions, ideas and photos that helped me along the way.

 

Iâ€m so excited for the big day and to show my family and friends all the work Iâ€ve put into this wedding! But, I honestly would still be lost if it wasnâ€t for all of you!

 

Iâ€ve already started my planning thread, hopefully Iâ€ll put it up this week, but if not Iâ€ll share all my knowledge when I get back! 

Lauren, I super excited for you!! It will be an amazing day for sure! I will be thinking of you on your big day (I can't forget because its the day before my bday!). Looking forward to seeing your photos and reading up on your review! Be prepared, I may have a ton of questions for you :)

 

Sending all the blessings to you and your hubby-to-be! And remember, don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girl and I hope you have a great birthday!!

Iâ€ll absolutely be ready for questions and happy to help when I get back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

 

woooohooooo just received my marriage certificate!!!! I AM OFFICALLY A MRS!!!!!!

LOL, you're too funny. But congrats again now that you have your certificate in your hands woot.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×