Sign in to follow this  
meBonidie2be

looking for rose petals?

I was so incredibly happy with the online service I just received that I had to come to BDW to rave! I was looking on save-on-crafts.com when I saw freeze dried rose petals. I had no clue what they were so I consulted the archives on BDW and saw that they travel well, are legal through customs and are much cheaper to bring in than buy form the resorts. (This is a great option when a resort will not allow silk rose petals) There are many different websites that offer them. I took two days going back and forth to decide who I wanted to order from. I decided I wanted someone that specialized in them. The PETAL GARDEN is great!

www.petalgarden.com

I placed my order online and got a phone call literally five minutes later. The lady was so nice and gave great advice. I ordered the burgundy petals for AHR. (medium case/ 24 cups/ $44.95) They are in great condition. For Jamaica I ordered what they call pathway petals for the aisle runner and flower toss for some pics. They are ALOT cheaper because they are slightly imperfect. (64 cups for $49.95) They dont suggest putting them on tables for decor or anthing. IMO they are just as great!

On the website it notes that you cannot specify what mix comes in the pathway petals. ASK ANYWAY! I mentioned it to the lady on the phone and she did exactly as I asked- took out all the orange, added the red fade to yellow and added more red.

They are offering a flat shipping rate of $5.95 for any order. Under the shipping column scroll all the way to the bottom to select this option. I ordered yesterday and they are here today!!!! 

I ordered the sample of different colors and I too was pleased with the condition. I am just worried about how much to order, I don't want to be short, nor do I want to go crazy. Did she say 64 cups was plenty for your aisle and throwing petals?

thanks

I'm thinking of buying freeze dried petals too. If I use them for table decorations, will they last in the tropical heat? Are they safe to use as cake decorations? Thanks!

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be View Post

I was so incredibly happy with the online service I just received that I had to come to BDW to rave! I was looking on save-on-crafts.com when I saw freeze dried rose petals. I had no clue what they were so I consulted the archives on BDW and saw that they travel well, are legal through customs and are much cheaper to bring in than buy form the resorts. (This is a great option when a resort will not allow silk rose petals) There are many different websites that offer them. I took two days going back and forth to decide who I wanted to order from. I decided I wanted someone that specialized in them. The PETAL GARDEN is great!

www.petalgarden.com

I placed my order online and got a phone call literally five minutes later. The lady was so nice and gave great advice. I ordered the burgundy petals for AHR. (medium case/ 24 cups/ $44.95) They are in great condition. For Jamaica I ordered what they call pathway petals for the aisle runner and flower toss for some pics. They are ALOT cheaper because they are slightly imperfect. (64 cups for $49.95) They dont suggest putting them on tables for decor or anthing. IMO they are just as great!

On the website it notes that you cannot specify what mix comes in the pathway petals. ASK ANYWAY! I mentioned it to the lady on the phone and she did exactly as I asked- took out all the orange, added the red fade to yellow and added more red.

They are offering a flat shipping rate of $5.95 for any order. Under the shipping column scroll all the way to the bottom to select this option. I ordered yesterday and they are here today!!!! 

I think 64 cups is more than enough for the aisle and tossing. However, i guess this depends on how many ppl you want to do the toss. 

The petals love the tropical heat. She said when we get there take them out of the bag and expose to the air so they regain the ability to bend. If you don't do that (or place them in the bathroom while shower is running for humidity) they will crumble. I'm not sure i would want to use them as cake decor. I am a germophob and you never know how they were handled before they got to you. Just my thought  : )

I tried to pack them the other day in my carry-on and quickly realized they need to be in a box. They will crack and break if not well protected.

Thanks girl! I can't wait to order mine!

I think 64 cups is more than enough for the aisle and tossing. However, i guess this depends on how many ppl you want to do the toss. 

The petals love the tropical heat. She said when we get there take them out of the bag and expose to the air so they regain the ability to bend. If you don't do that (or place them in the bathroom while shower is running for humidity) they will crumble. I'm not sure i would want to use them as cake decor. I am a germophob and you never know how they were handled before they got to you. Just my thought  : )

I tried to pack them the other day in my carry-on and quickly realized they need to be in a box. They will crack and break if not well protected.

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't think about the sanitary issues, so I definitely won't use them for our cake decorations!

Originally Posted by redginger View Post

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't think about the sanitary issues, so I definitely won't use them for our cake decorations!

Your welcome cheesy.gif They would still look beautiful scattered at the bottom. I plan on throwing some on the cake table itself.

So I just did a trial run of what my centerpieces will look like for AHR and I thought they were just a little boring. Like they needed a pop of color. When I added a sprinkle of the rose petals i loved the way they looked. (I would love to upload some pics, but I can't figure out how) Looks like I am ordering some more burgundy petals!!!

I also recommend petalgarden.com! We've used them for some of our past weddings and the product they deliver is really good.

Flower petal aisle runners are beautiful but sometimes the quotes we get for a real petal runner (from the florist) is just way outside of our client's floral budgets. So ordering the freeze dried petals not only makes economical sense, they also don't risk shriveling away in the heat. AND you can get the specific color of your liking to match your wedding theme. Last good point, they are light to carry on board (which is something to keep in mind when you're considering bringing anything down - luggage weight is costly, especially on charter flights).

oh wow. I never ever thought until I read that to not use an aisle runner at all and just have the petals as the runner. What a great idea. At our resort a runner starts at $75 and up. I was going to use both, but I am not sure I will need to. I guess only if it is windy. I am worried they will blow away.