Photo

FABRIC...... What is your dress made of?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

I ordered it on Amazon...cheap too!

#22 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Stupid question but what color is it?  Just wondering if it would stain my dress at all?

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

I ordered it on Amazon...cheap too!

#23 dshane

dshane
      • 42 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.  Sorry about the delay my FI thinks I spend too much time on the computer, but this site is so addicting.  

I'm going to a sample sale next Saturday.  I have to try on dresses!  I'm really excited to do that. 

Thanks again and I will let you know what I think.

#24 Maritza919

Maritza919
        • 421 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Mine is silk mikado. It has to be with what you are comfortable in.  Good luck looking for dresses =)

#25 AldrichES

AldrichES
          • Banned
          • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

my dress is lace and light weight!!!

#26 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
            • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

I would think chiffon or organza would be the best fabrics but I keep falling in love with satin and taffeta dresses! :(  My plan when I start trying-on is to only go for the lighter fabrics!

#27 dshane

dshane
              • 42 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Cant wait!  Sample sale Saturday and they actually sell the dress I've been looking at, but it's in organza, not chiffon.  Can't wait!!!  

#28 dshane

dshane
                • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hello ladies - 

I'm back from the sample sale and more confused than ever.  ALL dresses are heavy!!!!  The problem is the lining on some are SATIN.  Seriously.... A chiffon dress with a satin lining... Come on!

I tried on some and at least I have a better idea as to what shapes I like.  Sweetheart neckline, fit and flare.  Or... Sweetheart, empire waist, chiffon with bling... Problem with the last was that it was a bridesmaid dress that I tried on but can be made in ivory.

#29 lmadore

lmadore
                  • 128 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

I think my dress is Satin, funny cuz I just went to look it up on the website and all it mentions is the Crystal Tulle thats the top layer, my dress is about 8lbs, I know this because I had it sent in the mail and that was the weight of the box, even tho its a slim a-line dress (Sottero Midlgey jsm1235) its got ALOT of beading.  I am going to be so hot.  But I love it, and it was an awesome deal.  I cant flip flop on this one because its about the only thing thats solid right now.

#30 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
                    • 261 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Was there any tulle under your dress for puffiness? Usually that is what weights down the dress.

I personally would just hack that out of the dress to take off the weight.

I'm going with a mermaid dress in shantung silk, its thicker than chiffon but still very light. There is no tulle under this dress.

Hello ladies - 

I'm back from the sample sale and more confused than ever.  ALL dresses are heavy!!!!  The problem is the lining on some are SATIN.  Seriously.... A chiffon dress with a satin lining... Come on!

I tried on some and at least I have a better idea as to what shapes I like.  Sweetheart neckline, fit and flare.  Or... Sweetheart, empire waist, chiffon with bling... Problem with the last was that it was a bridesmaid dress that I tried on but can be made in ivory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users