FABRIC...... What is your dress made of?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 dshane

• 42 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'm just starting my search for the PERFECT wedding dress for a beach wedding, just before sunset.  Chiffon, Lace, Organza, Satin?  Ugh!  Chiffon will give you that picturesque look  with the breezes on the ocean, right?  

What are your thoughts?  I haven't tried on dresses since the 90's, so help me out ladies. :)

#2 kristen6212

• 184 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

My dress is soft organza and the material is absolutely perfect for a beach wedding, it's very light also! 

#3 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

My dress is made of taffeta.  I'm really happy that I purchased a dress with this fabric as its light and wont be to heavy to wear, it doesnt wrinkle easily, which is great for stuffing it in the overhead bin of an airplane).  I didn't really care what fabric I chose as I just wanted a dress I loved. 

#4 Brenners

• 807 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

My dress is lace.  I wasn't sure what I would like but was very surprised that "the one" was lace.  I suggest trying on many different fabrics and styles.  Looks can be deceiving and you never know what will look flattering on your body type.  Even try on dresses that you think would never look good on you as you may be surprised.  Good luck!

#5 brendee2005

• 456 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

My dress is organza. It feels so light. Great for when you're on 90 degree weather LOL

#6 DRb2b

• 96 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

I tried all different types as I wanted to keep all my options but the one I fell in love with is lace and organza...it's so soft and light...perfect for the beach. I love it ! :)

#7 kellygrrrl

• 614 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

yes, chiffon absolutely. it's that light, blow-y, ocean-y fabric. I LOVE it.

BUT, you've got to go with the dress you like best, regardless of fabric. I knew I didn't want anything heavy, so that put me right into the chiffon group and from there it was easy. ; ) best of luck on the search! 

#8 sxcT

• 1,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

My dress is charmeuse and just moves so beautifully when I walk.  I love it!!

#9 mrsrrobinson

• 58 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

mine is organza. it just looks soft and airy...perfect for an island wedding!

#10 Earle

• Banned
                  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

my dress is made out of Chiffon. it is so light and comfort for beach wedding!!! I love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users