274 replies to this topic

#191 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I have a doc from.the resort with pics of the ceremony and reception areas I can send :) Also, I am not 100% sure, but I think chairs come with the per person price over 25 for the reception. Did you ladies get a spreadsheet from your coordinator? I can send you a copy of mine, its the Now to Eternity package. Let me know! :)

Does anyone have any pictures of the Relaxing Pool vs. Garden View Pool? I see that thee are both options for the reception, but they only show pictures of the Relaxing Pool. Also, if you have over 25 guests, do you have to pay for additional chairs for the wedding and the reception?

Hey Rose, Sorry I don't have pictures of the pools but yes you do have to pay extra for the chairs. It would be an additional $3.50 for the regular chairs with white covers. I wouldn't be surprise if they charge it twice since they would have to move them from ceremony to reception. 

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#192 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I have a doc from.the resort with pics of the ceremony and reception areas I can send :) Also, I am not 100% sure, but I think chairs come with the per person price over 25 for the reception. Did you ladies get a spreadsheet from your coordinator? I can send you a copy of mine, its the Now to Eternity package. Let me know! :)

Does anyone have any pictures of the Relaxing Pool vs. Garden View Pool? I see that thee are both options for the reception, but they only show pictures of the Relaxing Pool. Also, if you have over 25 guests, do you have to pay for additional chairs for the wedding and the reception?

Hey Rose, Sorry I don't have pictures of the pools but yes you do have to pay extra for the chairs. It would be an additional $3.50 for the regular chairs with white covers. I wouldn't be surprise if they charge it twice since they would have to move them from ceremony to reception. 

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#193 rosepetal1595

rosepetal1595
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thank you. I have the wedding packet from the resort, I just do not see pictures of the Garden Pool in mine. Does your packet show pictures of both? If so, I would love to see them. Thanks so much! You girls are a great help.

Rose

#194 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

you're welcome Rose! I can email you what I have, it may be the same but I am not sure.

#195 CrystalRomero

CrystalRomero
    • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I am new to all this wedding planning stuff. We have been married for 5 years this November and are having our "actual wedding." I was looking at the packages and it seems you ahve to spend a lot more than just the "free" wedding. Can I ask what everyones budget was and how much they ended up paying? I am in between 2 resorts right now the Now Larimar and the Bacelo Baravo Palace. Has anyone gotten a great room rate lately? Seems the lowest I can find is $115/nt per person $1156 for 2 adults for 5 days. Help!!! I am completly lost and have no clue where to start. Oh my wedding will be November 2013, our anniversary date! If anyone has anything they can send me or personal pictures please email them to crystal.lacy88 @yahoo.com If you dont want them on the forum =)

<3 Crystal

#196 Paolalindsay

Paolalindsay
      • 52 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Thank you. Our Centerpieces were not included in package because we kept them all and they we the premium ones...they were additional $150 I believe...I cant remember We brought the LIghts and the silk orchids inside they made everything else :-)

#197 mvee1025

mvee1025
        • 155 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

hi There,

Would you mind emailing me the xcel spreadsheet?  I get an error when I try to downlaod it.

#198 mvee1025

mvee1025
          • 155 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hello Everyone :)

I am new to this site and have read everyones comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to come back and post after your events!

Jennifer8913 I'm booked for August 2013 as well!

Originally I was thinking of having the ceremony on the beach butit concerns me that noone's done that yet on this forum..is there a reason why?

I also would like to have wish lanterns. Does anyone know if these are still allowed?

Also, I've tried to look at some of the pictures people have posted but aren't able to access. Can you repost or email to mvee1025@gmail.com?

Thanks much

#199 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Welcome mvee1025! What is your date in August?

We have decided against the beach wedding because in my experience the beach has a lot of wind and I didnt want to deal with that, plus my fiance didn't want people to have to deal with the sand when they were all dressed up. I am pretty certain those lanterns are allowed, I have seen other resorts allow it, I wouldnt see why Now would be different. How far along are you in your planning? Also check outthe board 

Hello Everyone :)

I am new to this site and have read everyones comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to come back and post after your events!

Jennifer8913 I'm booked for August 2013 as well!

Originally I was thinking of having the ceremony on the beach butit concerns me that noone's done that yet on this forum..is there a reason why?

I also would like to have wish lanterns. Does anyone know if these are still allowed?

Also, I've tried to look at some of the pictures people have posted but aren't able to access. Can you repost or email to mvee1025@gmail.com?

Thanks much

#200 mvee1025

mvee1025
            • 155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hey Jennifer8913! We will be there at the end August, wedding on the 29th. How long are you going for? How many guests?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users