NOW LARIMAR BRIDES

@MsJills

I read that you are getting married in April 2015?? I am looking at the week before you, in hopes that it's still available. I have not submitted the forms yet because I really wanted to see reception areas prior to picking them. I was able to find pictures of the ceremony (which I will be doing at the Fountain) but I cant find any pics of the reception. I was also thinking of poolside, but there are two poolside options! How many people are you expecting at your wedding!!

@@LindsT

Be careful booking around Easter because I was warned by my TA that the island celebrates Easter very seriously & at times it’s the ‘part time’ staff that work during the holidays. That was my original plan so friends and family could take less time off work. My TA also warned me that there might not be very much contact with the resort during Easter (exactly a week before I arrive) so I should have everything planned in advance as much as possible.

Just something to take into consideration!

So far I have 40 guests booked & I am expecting a few more. The ceremony will be at the fountain & I have booked the reception at Castaways but I am on the fence about it. I think I’d rather one of the free reception sites (beach/pool) so I can splurge on other items.

I’ve also booked the Bridal Suite for the half the day for getting ready with the girls. Be sure to book it through the Spa! Once you book they usually contact you.

You also might have a better shot seeing pics of reception sites from the resort photographers.

Let me know what you end up deciding!

@@MsJillss

Wow I am really glad I mentioned my possible date, because I def will not be booking the week of easter!! Thank you SO much for the info!! I feel so behind after reading how much you have set already!! I better get the ball rolling! Im starting to hope I don't have a difficult time getting the things I am hoping for! :( Thank you so so much for your help!!

@@MsJillss

Wow I am really glad I mentioned my possible date, because I def will not be booking the week of easter!! Thank you SO much for the info!! I feel so behind after reading how much you have set already!! I better get the ball rolling! Im starting to hope I don't have a difficult time getting the things I am hoping for! :( Thank you so so much for your help!!

@@LindsT

Actually its funny now because I felt so rushed before with all the excitement. I wanted everything big booked so I could start on the details. I was reading a few emails with my WC from a few months ago, and my whole vision has changed. Once your date is booked, everything else will fall into place. And we're all here to help, bounce ideas off of, give advice and share experiences with.

@@LindsT

Everyone has their own preference about time of year. I picked April because it was the latest I could get flights out of Ottawa. I didn't have too many options because a lot of airlines stopped their flights out of Ottawa the end of March. I was aiming for April-May time frame originally.

Yes I'm bringing as much decor as I can pawn off on family members. I'm also bringing my own artificial bouquets for me and my girls + boutineers so I'm guarenteed they all look the same. I will use the bouquet included in my package as an accent piece on a table and distribute corsages & boutineers to parents.

I'm planning on bringing centerpieces, chair sashes, napkins and table runners so far. I've been hunting online to find a good deal on them. We have a Black Friday, Cyber Monday & Boxing day to take advantage of before Spring 2015.

I'm a sucker for a good deal, and I can't bring myself to pay over 100$ per centerpiece.

@@MsJillss

Haha!! Yes thats right!! We have some awesome shopping days before April 2015!!! Im going to bring as much decor as possible also! So youll get your hair done at their salon? I havent planned on using a travel agent, because I was told since my party will be on the smaller side it wouldnt be necessary. But I notice that all the brides use one! I will probably only have about 25 people maybe 30. I guess its something I should think about looking into!

@@LindsT

Hair & Makeup will be done for me at the Salon and I haven't decided whether I am gifting both hair & makeup to the girls yet. Its also up to them what they want to do.

I wanted a Travel Agent to deal with... EVERYTHING. Payments... deposits.. travel insurance, guests from other cities (other then Toronto & Ottawa). She handles it all. I didn't want the headache & she was able to shop around and find us different rates. I went to her with the city and a price I didn't want to pay over and she put together some options for us.

My guests had 3 months to get their deposits into her + travel insurance if needed. Now guests have the option with upgrading through her, paying her at their own pace & can go to her with any questions, requests or concerns they may have.

In my case, she is my buffer. I make announcements and she deals with everything else.

You go girl for not using a TA!  Everything will work out in the end :)

@@MsJillss

Im starting to think maybe I should use a TA! Im going to look into one tonight, especially if it will make things easier on me. I don't know if I would really be good at dealing with all those details!!

The resort sent me pictures of the reception sites! So I am going to submit for my date and see what happens!! Im thinking the last week in March! :unsure: And im hoping that Im picking a good time to go! I think I will speak with a TA prior to setting anything in stone!

If you don't mind me asking....is a TA expensive?? Ive never used one for anything and am totally lost in that department!

@@LindsT

I didn't really shop around for a TA; I picked the travel agency because they offered airmiles.The taxes and fees were included in everyone costs. I originally went to her with a price (taxes & fees included) and asked her to show us some potential resorts.  With our TA we were able to compare pricing with a couple different airline companies/resorts & we found out some companies offer discounts after a certain amount of guests that book under your reservation.

TA's also have way more access to information than regular customers, and sometimes pricing can be different one week to the next.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all the brides for the Now Larimar!

I would love to say that I am glad I found this forum as me and my fiancé have booked our wedding for November 2014 with a now larimar. We have picked turquoise and royal blue for our colour just like e blue orchid! We are very excited but nervous about all he pricing. Any advice?

We have been going back and forth with choosing between the beach and the fountain for the ceremony and the pool side or beach for reception. For all past bride what was your experiences with this and what would you choice?

I hope to hear from some of the brides :)

Cheers