• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Welcome to BDW!  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.     Here are some links that may be helpful to you:   Best Destination Wedding Forum FAQ Best Destination Wedding Forum Rules and Etiquette Downloading Attachments   Hope you enjoy your time here.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 emstypes

• 243 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Congrats Nicole!

#13 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

Happy planning and welcome to the forum!

#14 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Welcome!  Happy planning!

#15 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

welcome nicole! and LOOK! you are officially not a Lurker, moved up to Noob :) keep at it!

#16 dzaccaria

• 148 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Congrats Nicole! I am also a May 2013 bride!! I wish we could afford to do it sooner but after doing some research I think its best that we hold off until 2013 so that I can really plan!! We are aiming for the Moon Palace in Cancun =)

A good friend of mine had her wedding at the Majestic Elegance (unfortunately I could not attend at the time)... but she had an amazing time and had nothing but good things to say about the resort!

I wish you the best in your wedding planning!

#17 chrisdior

• 286 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

@ nicole0513 Welcome to the forum!! and good luck planning!! I am also going to be a May 2013 Bride!! but i am looking into Riviera Maya. I can wait to set a def location and date already lol until then I have been doing A LOT of reading and have already become addicted to this site :)

@futuremrsf Where are you looking to book your wedding?

#18 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

The first vacation my now husband and I went on was to the DR and we LOVED it.  Great choice.  And don't feel to overwhelmed about all the stuff you can find on here, b/c it won't end up mattering as much as you thought.  There are SO many of the little things about my wedding that I realized late in the game weren't necessary.  They were more work then reward.  Like the OOT bags, I sewed my own which was fun and cute, but then I filled them with junk instead of one or two nice things.  I regret that.  And the guest book too.  We only had 20ish guests so the book looks silly b/c it's practically empty!  Anyway, my point is that you will find a zillion and one ideas on here that you want to do, but you can't do them all.  The ones you chose to do, you will have plenty of help here!

Originally Posted by Nicole0513 

Hello Lovely Ladies!!

I just wanted to introduce myself  since I've been lurking now for awhile...My name is Nicole, my fiance and I have been engaged since May and we are planning to have our wedding in the Dominican Republic in May 2013. Wohoo! If you asked me a month ago I would have told you that 2013 is so far off and we have plenty of time BUT the more I read this forum, the more I understand that there is so much to do!! I now feel slightly overwhelmed and in a panic becasue there are so many questions that need to be answered. I am so grateful I found this site and happy to know I can turn to past and future brides for their experience and support! Congratulations to everyone and I look forward to talking with you all.

Well welcome Nicole!!!! You have walked in to a place where everything is doable and all questions have an answer too.  Do you know where in Dominican Republic you are getting married?  There are so many great resorts and this site will definitely help you make the best decision for you & your hunny.

Feel free to ask any questions, I trust you that there is at least one lady on here that can answer them for you.  Sometimes, I think the other ladies are better than having a wedding planner.  They cross all the T's and dot all I's.

Once again Welcome and I hope your planning process goes as smooth as buttercream frosting!

#19 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Congratulations Nicole! This website is so helpful.  It's better to be an early planner than late. Enjoy the planning!!

#20 DRPrincesa

• 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

Hi Nicole, Welcome aboard. I am renewing my vows at the Majestic Colonial.  Although I have not been there, my mom has and she raves about the resort.  The decision make for me was the price for my guests.  I figured if I wanted anyone to show up, I would have to make it reasonable.  Happy planning! :)

Originally Posted by Nicole0513 

Thanks for the welcome!! We are planning on getting married in Punta Cana and we have it narrowed down to a about 5 resorts but the top runners so far are the Majestic Elegance, Melia Caribe, and the Now Larimar. We plan on going in March of next year for a site visit to make our final decision. From what I read though there are many brides who are waiting for january to come so they can book their date in 2013....I hope our date isn't taken by March eek!

Btw I think it's so funny that my status is actually "Lurker"...I guess I need to start posting more! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users