Battery Operated Tea Lights

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 anad1027

anad1027
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hi Ladies!

I am looking into using battery operated tea lights/votives as part of my reception decor (I am getting married in Aruba, and it will be too windy for real ones).  

I know in the past I have seen ones with real looking wicks and not those plastic "flame" looking things on top, but I can't seem to find them.  

Does anyone have any idea where I can find them (in bulk would be great, but anything that anyone knows about would be fine.)

Thanks so much!!

#2 Pucca

Pucca
    • 485 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

I don't know if they're the ones that you're looking for but I've seen an assortment of battery operated candles at Target and at Marshalls. Not necessarily bulk but I guess you could always clear the shelves. :D 

You can also check out this site. 

Hi Ladies!

I am looking into using battery operated tea lights/votives as part of my reception decor (I am getting married in Aruba, and it will be too windy for real ones).  

I know in the past I have seen ones with real looking wicks and not those plastic "flame" looking things on top, but I can't seem to find them.  

Does anyone have any idea where I can find them (in bulk would be great, but anything that anyone knows about would be fine.)

Thanks so much!!

#3 anad1027

anad1027
      • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the ideas!  I'll have to go to Target and Marshalls in person and check out the shelves.  I have something specific in mind that I know I've seen, I just don't know where to find it again!

#4 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

I have also been looking for those battery operated tealights with the wax tips! If I come across them I will let you know.

#5 Pucca

Pucca
          • 485 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

I just got a flyer from Costco and they have a variety there of LED candles there as well. If you're a member of Costco, check it out. There's a coupon for $4 off a pack of 24 tealights or 4 pillar candles. And from the picture it looks like the tealights have the wick thing. 

#6 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for the info! My FI's parents are members so I'll make one of them come.. we go to Bj's!!!

#7 anad1027

anad1027
              • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

Oh I'll have to stop at Costco... that's great! Thanks!

#8 anad1027

anad1027
                • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:43 AM

Just in case anyone is also looking for these, I found them at Amazon for a reasonable price:  http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B0045I6N6S

I am going to order them within the next few weeks, so I'll let everyone know how they are.  

#9 debrose59

debrose59
                  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

I'm gettnig married in Aruba next January and want several tea lights on each of the tables. I'm planning on using the bettery operated votives. How did you like the ones you ordered from Amazon?

#10 beachbride2013

beachbride2013
                    • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have had a hard time finding these as well. I have had several stores tell me that there are plenty around Christmas time, but they don't really carry them year round.

I found some votives at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I have had to make several trips to both because sometimes they have the wax ones and some times they don't. I have yet to find good quality tealights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users