Labor of Love - DIY Boarding Pass Invites - Picture Heavy

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Starfish0512

• 283 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

Apologize for the double post but I posted in the general invitations thread vs here in the DIY thread, definitely where it belongs!  

I started working on these months ago, the design process was by far the longest part, every time I opened the document I found something to change.  I finally became satisifed and went to print.  I used powerpoint to design as I am most comfortable with how the program works.  I must give credit to aylee bits for the use of the barcode image, otherwise the design was all made from scratch.    

The tools were purchased from Michaels, in addition to what's pictured is a perforating tool and crystal brads 

Purple, Orange and White cardstock was purchased from Paper Source. 

Printed Scrapbook paper purchased at Michaels.

Envelopes - 4x9 and 3.5x5 from Paper Presentation.

Images (Graphics) from Dreamstime.

Fonts from dafont.com

Overall Paper Cost of each invite approx $2.

I am so excited to get these out in the mail!!!  We did luggage tag STD's in June, sending these out now with an rsvp of January 1st, then will mail out hard plastic luggage tags for our guests in mid March.  

photo 4.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 5.JPG

#2 JPenny

• 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

Beautiful! Love them. There is so much detail in them. Your guests will love them.

#3 misseks

• 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

These are BEAUTIFUL.  i love how you tied in the printed bright color paper with the liner and to hold the invite envelope.  You did a great job!, what a labor of love

#4 daizyduke

• 230 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

They are stunning.  Your guests are going to love them.  I love the colours and the details.

#5 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Love the pattern! They're beautiful colors and well coordinated

#6 kashad

• 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Those are beautiful, you did such an amazing job!!!!!

#7 DRPrincesa

• 221 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I love these.  I love this thread because you gift almost a step by step and even show the tools you use.  I am not very crafty so I need as many details as possible.  I am looking forward to doing my own.  I am going to Michaels this weekend! Happy planning!

#8 beachgal2012

• 162 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:36 AM

these look AMAZING! congrats to you on a job well done and for making such pretty save the dates.  they are going to get so many compliments and your guests are going to get so excited! way to go!  happy planning!

#9 emstypes

• 243 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

These are FANTASTIC!  Any chance you would be willing to share your template??

#10 Starfish0512

• 283 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Thank you Ladies!! I appreciate all the kind word surrounding my invites!  My guests have raved, loved how "unique" they are, not unique to us because we see them all the time on this thread but...  The only thing I would change is to do them on a laser printer.  I have found that ink jet bleeds if even the tiniest spot of water goes on the paper.  I'd be happy to share the template, minus the graphics, sorry, I paid a pretty penny for those flowers through dreamstime.  I plan on using them throughout my entire stationary suite.  Send me a pm :) 

Originally Posted by emstypes 

These are FANTASTIC!  Any chance you would be willing to share your template??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users